PDA

View Full Version : Review of our stay at POP

Ksmith75
05-05-2009, 12:53 PM
We just got back from a 9 night stay at the POP. We usually stayed at POR, but we tried a Value to save some money and to have more to spend on fun stuff. **ROOM **The room itself was a bit plain and we were kinda bummed when we saw it (we did see pictures before) - but once we un-packed we were fine. It was clean and well stocked with towels, etc, and the a/c was nice and chilly! Not too much noise - we live in an apartment so we are used to neighbors. **Location** We paid for preferred room and the location was great - in the 70s building 10. It was only a 2 minute walk to Classic Hall - and to our refillable mugs (first year we did those- worked out great). ***Counter Service** - this area was great as well, we got a few snacks here, and it was convenient, good nachos too! ***Everything POP** -great store, the only thing missing was 2 liters of soda and liters of water, but they had a great selection of stuff ***Public Areas** - the public areas were nice - very clean, bright and fun! It was a happy place to stay! ***Bus Service** - The bus service was FANTASTIC....we were back in no more than 17 minutes from even the MK - mostly back in 9 or 10 minutes from the DHS and Epcot - great, great, great bus service!
***ALL IN ALL** All in all - we liked this resort alot, not as fancy as the POR - but it worked well, and really I had no complaints....great desk staff, always prompt service and clean!!!! We would definatley stay here again to save money (we got to go on a lot of shopping sprees this time). I do think we will do the POR next year, but we know we have a "home away from home" in the POP if we are looking to streamline.

Pally
05-05-2009, 01:30 PM
This is great news. We are staying at the POP for the first time this August and will be using the transporation as well for the first time. This makes me feel good.:mickey:

TiggerD
05-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed POP. We have stayed at a lot of the resorts and we decided to try POP and have stayed there 3 times and will be back in September for 10days. The rooms are fine with us. You basically use them to sleep and shower, the buses are great, and we love the food court. We also have a preferred room and near the Hippy Dippy Pool and Petals bar. The staff are wonderful and very helpful. :mickey:

Charlee
05-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Glad you enjoyed Pop - I love the resort and it now feels like "home" when we arrive. I love the food court and find the bus service great for such a large resort. :thumbsup:

yjgirl32
05-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Great to hear. Thanks for sharing.

Nini5055
05-05-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm happy to hear you had a great stay at POP. It is my fave value resort!!:thumbsup:

Scar
05-05-2009, 03:49 PM
The bus service was FANTASTIC....

... the buses are great, ...

... and find the bus service great for such a large resort. I'm happy to hear the bus service has improved. We stayed there 4 years ago and the bus service was unbearable. Yes, unbearable. So much so I decided never to stay there again without a car.

Might have to give it another try.

GrumpyFan
05-05-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm glad to hear you had a nice stay and enjoyed Pop. We've stayed here many times over the last few years, and have become quite fond of it. The only thing we find lacking here are the pools. Although they're thematically shaped, they're pretty much just plain pools with no extra features to them. I would caution you on the bus situation too. The bus stops coming from the parks at closing times can be quite busy. Even so, we've never experienced any major delays with the busses here.

BluewaterBrad
05-05-2009, 04:02 PM
I agree Pop is a great value resort.:mickey:

DANAM
05-05-2009, 07:19 PM
We love the POP!!! Glad your family had a great time!!!

Toughbug
05-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Stayed at the Pop in 05 and loved the room and food court and gift shop. But the buses then were horribly crowded at the end of the day. Sounds like they may have improved them. I would hope so.

:mickey::thumbsup::)

MNNHFLTX
05-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Thanks for reporting back on your experiences at Pop Century. If/when I stay at a value resort, Pop is the only one I consider. I like having one central bus stop at the resort, although it's true that the buses can be very crowded at the end of the evening.

PETE FROM NYC
05-06-2009, 02:44 PM
I am glad to hear such nice things about POP.After stays at ASMu and ASMo this will be our first stay at POP,arriving 9/4.
The anticipation is killing ne.

PixieMagic
05-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Love your post! Makes me even more excited for our upcoming trip...we are a little apprehensive about staying at a value for the first time (smaller rooms and having to take the bus everywhere) but your post really helps! :thumbsup:

Nicki'sMom
05-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Thanks for posting! I am so excited to stay here. I think it will be a lot of fun for my 5 year old. Can't wait! :wave:

jillluvsdisney
05-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Thanks you for such a positive review. I think POP gets a bad rap sometimes just for being a value resort. I've stayed there twice and had good experiences both times.

lighteningqueen
05-08-2009, 11:59 AM
We have always stayed at Music in the suites and loved it. It is quiet over there and very clean and cute. Buses are not that bad and rarely did we have to stop at the other 2 All Stars to pick up or drop off. This year we are trying POP only because it will be my DH and I and not the DGS or DD and DSIL. I really do not understand why people need big rooms. We come to Disney to do Disney not the room. It is only for sleeping and showering as someone else said above. Only thing I am not sure of is that it is the last stop at the parks to board the buses home. Last Dec we were so dog tired and I barely made it to our stop. Are all the resorts POP at the last stop? I am anxious though. I requested a 50's section.... will I get it or do I have to pay for preferred? I just love the 50's, not just for where it is located on the grounds. Sure do not want to get anything above the 70's Not our kind of Music and we are not old. The food court at Music was always good. Better than some restaurants in the parks. Hope they have Tomato Basil soup at POP as it is the BEST....by the way is Pop Warner going to be there this year? If so what week? I may change our mind if they are there.

Soul_Power
05-08-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm glad you had a great stay! We stayed at POP on our first trip two years ago, and we're staying there again on our upcoming trip in December. It's a great resort!

LVT
05-13-2009, 10:04 PM
We've been at POP 3 times so far. The buses
can be fun. These people are your neighbors. Go
ahead and fit an extra 10 people on the bus with
laughter and light hearts. I am at Disney and I
love it.

ransam
05-13-2009, 10:30 PM
:mickey:awesome...I love the pop. It's fun to walk aorund looking at the year signs and seeing what happened each year...i was very disappointed they didn't recoginze me the year i was born!

dtootsie42
05-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Thanks for sharing such a positive report. I can pass the info on to my daughters who are spoiled from staying at the Poly. They will be planning a trip without Mom and dad so nice to hear such a terrific report.

poeticeclipse
05-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the review!

I think it's interesting to hear from people who usually frequent a moderate or deluxe resort but chose a value for whatever reason.

I think pictures don't do POP justice for some reason. I think it can come off cheap in pictures at times but when you are there it is just bright and happy.

Glad you enjoyed your stay!

cer
05-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Yay for Pop! :)