PDA

View Full Version : Need hotel for night before we check into Port Orleans Riverside

Momto3Divas
05-05-2009, 11:58 AM
We will be arriving (by car) in Orlando on 5/8 but not checking in to Port Orleans Riverside until 5/9. We need to get a hotel for the night we get to Orlando (5/8). We don't need for it to be anything special or fancy, just a place to sleep. We would wait until we get down there to find something but it will be late and I would rather make the reservation ahead of time to save on cost. For convenience, we would like something as close to Port Orleans Riverside as possible. We don't want to spend a lot of time that morning getting from one place to the other since we are going to be spending the day at the park & want to get there as soon as possible. Any help would be GREATLY appreciate. Thank you!!
:mickey:

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
05-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Hello! My sister and her family stayed at the Holiday Inn not far from WDW and said it was extremely clean and cheap too. I am not too sure how close to your resort it is but just wanted to let you know of one that she would recommend trying. They also had a shuttle too. They took her family and stuff to her resort two days later.
We are sure someone will come along and give you the advice you need. Isn't Intercot the best or what?!
Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

packofjedis
05-05-2009, 01:51 PM
We just did this ourselves in January driving down from Indiana. We stayed at the Radisson in Downtown Disney (right next to the Goodings grocery store). It was clean, nice, safe, and not too expensive. I paid $89 either from their website or like hotels.com. We would definitely use it again for our transition into Disney hotels!

Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista
12799 APOPKA VINELAND RD
ORLANDO, FL 32836
407-597-3400

Tygger7
05-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Personally, my recommendation would be to get a room at Pop Century. It's a good price and already on Disney property, so you're guaranteed that it's nice and in a good area. We always stay our "drive in" day at Pop to save money, then move to Wilderness Lodge the next day.

Good luck, and welcome to Intercot!!

dizneefan67
05-05-2009, 02:19 PM
I have stayed at this hotel on International Drive a few times and its was clean and close to all things you might want to do, even a 24 hour McDonalds for that late night craving once you get settled and its right around the corner on Sand Lake Drive! LOL Check in is 3pm (I think) and check out is 11am (Ithink) Then the next day you can browse the cheap shops along I-Drive and scout out some prices and find some bargains of the same things you would buy on property!!!!

Have a wonderful time!:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
05-05-2009, 03:13 PM
We almost always arrive the night before our check in date. In the past we have either stayed at a Downtown Disney resort, Shades of Green, or at a value. Your cheapest option out of those three would be to stay at a value.

illini
05-06-2009, 01:31 AM
A kindly Intercotee suggested the Holiday Inn Express on Palm Parkway to me last year. It was fabulous and cheap. Right by DTD, used to be something else so it's much nicer than a typical HIE, and we got it for about $65-70 on hotels.com. Super clean room, spacious, and a great free breakfast. My parents went from there to POFQ and it was about 5 minutes, possibly less.

crltkcagle
05-06-2009, 12:34 PM
We are also traveling by car and will be arriving the day before check in at POR. I was told that Ramada westgate was a good place to stay.

wdwfan
05-07-2009, 09:07 AM
We like the Courtyard @ Vista Centre on Palm Parkway and about 1 mile from DD. Right now it's 79.00 night + taxes.

Also Fairfield Inn & Suites Lake Buena in Marriott Village is 89.00 night + taxes and includes free breakfast. It's also about 1 mile from DD.

kathiep
05-09-2009, 12:54 PM
We've had similar situations the last few years. Once, we did stay offsite and it was fine. I think it was the Ramada. But since then, we've taken to making a room only at one of the values. Not too much price difference but it gives us a head start on the magic:thumbsup:

Love of Disney
05-09-2009, 04:32 PM
For the night before our Disney vacation which is May 13th, we booked into the Country Inn & Suites, 5001 Calyso Cay Way in Kissimmee for $62 per night, including breakfast!! Great deal and a nice hotel. I believe it's only 3.5 Km from Disney. Good luck!!
:cool:

kemps@wdw
05-10-2009, 12:12 AM
We always go down on Friday, but don't check into our resort til Saturday AM. So, we usually stay on "hotel plaza" across from DTD. That way, we can check into our resort EARLY the next AM, get our preferred accomodations, and head on over to MK for the 1st leg of our "magical journey". :thumbsup: