PDA

View Full Version : Get a rental car or not???

SebastiansDisneyMama
05-05-2009, 11:24 AM
This is my families first trip to WDW and we are staying off property at our friends time share the Grand Resort at Bryan Lake. Do we need to get a rental car to get to and from the resort??? And how much is parking at WDW. I was thinking if we have to get the car entering at the Contemporary resort and doing the monarail, and other Disney transpo.

The resort does not offer a shuttle (I still don't understand that one).:confused:

Beast_fanatic
05-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Yes, you'll need to get a rental car unless you want to try to take public transportation (lynx is the Orlando bus system and it does go to WDW).

You will not be able to park at the Contemporary and use Disney transporation for the day as parking there is limited to resort guests. If you have a dining reservation there, you would be able to park there for a limited time (usually 3 hours).

Parking is $12 per day at WDW. If you change parks during the day (if you have a park hopper) or leave the park and return to the same park later in the same day, show your parking receipt from the first time you parked and then you will not have to pay again that day.

SebastiansDisneyMama
05-05-2009, 11:54 AM
I guess my next question is since I do have the hopper, Can I use the Disney transportation to go between parks or do I have to go back to my car and drive between the parks? I'm glad to know it's only $12 to park and that I can go back to my hotel for a dip. We usually end up paying $20 a day at the Disneyland Hotel!

Woozle
05-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Yes, you should be able to use the dw transportation. We were able to when we stayed off property a few years ago and park hopped. I also agree with renting a car. There were many days that we waited until we left the parks for the day to go eat offsite. It gives you a little more choice when staying off property.

wdwfan
05-05-2009, 03:58 PM
I would go to {website removed per Terms of Service} and check out the different discount codes & coupons. I would also rent a car that's on airport property so you don't have to be shuttled offsite. National, Alamo, Avis, Dollar, L&M, and theres one or two more, they are listed on {website removed per Terms of Service}.