PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust Please for a Good Trip

MizMissy
05-05-2009, 08:42 AM
My in-laws are going to Epcot today!
A little background: My in-laws are in their mid-80s. They are some of the sweetest people I know. They were very extensive travelers, but sadly life has slowed them down in the last few years. My MIL is now handicapped (she lost a leg due to complications from knee replacement surgery and has a prosthesis but spends most of her time in a wheelchair and dependent on others - not easy for such a strong, independent woman). My FIL is a dear, but he has become a bit more grouchy the last few years. Anyway, my MIL decided that she wanted to take a trip. They visited my SIL in Florida for a few days, but are continuing on their journey touring South Florida, Florida Atlantic coast and maybe into GA or SC - no real specific plans. EXCEPT, she wants to go to Epcot. Her last visit to Epcot was the year it opened, over 25 years ago.
So, they arrived in Orlando last evening and plan to spend today touring Epcot. She has really been looking forward to seeing it, but I do not think my FIL is very excited. Here's hoping that they have a wonderful day ... they are such wonderful people and it's very sad to see them struggling with getting older and the limitations it has brought to them. Also, she sees this as probably the last vacation/trip she will take.
My husband and their daughters think that they should not be taking this trip and I understand their worries, but I am hoping they have a great trip and an even better time at one of my most favorite places in the world (WDW and the whole big world :mickey:)
So, if you could spare a little pixie dust that they have a really magical day in the Happiest Place on Earth (and the rest of their trip) , I would appreicate it. My hope is that they have such a good time, it breathes a bit of life and energy into them and she realizes that she has many more trips that she wants and can take in her life.

Thanks for your time and thoughts.

Goofeygal
05-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Here's hoping for a great and safe trip for them :pixie:

gauvin4
05-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Lots of :pixie: :pixie: for you In-laws. I hope they enjoy the trip.

MizMissy
05-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks!
I spoke to MIL this morning - she was excited, she only planned on visiting the World Showcase. But, I told her that I thought she would enjoy the Spaceship Earth ride, Soarin, maybe Living with the Land. She wasn't thinking they were wheelchair accessible. I told her that WDW was great about handicap access and that all she might have to do is ask which entrance to use.
keeping fingers crossed....