PDA

View Full Version : Our Grand All Girl Adventure Pre-Trip Report

Nini5055
05-04-2009, 04:42 PM
I've never done a trip report before so please hang in there...

Cast:
Me ~ Would love to be a Princess!!!!
My Mom aka Nana ~ Loves All Things Disney
DD7 ~ A Disney Fanatic just like Mom and Nana
Lovebug ~ DD7’s stuffed ummmm….lovebug…2nd visit to WDW
Papa is staying home for this trip.

Hotel: The Grand Floridian

Dates: May 7th to May 13th

Celebrations:
Nana’s Anniversary
My Birthday (July 4th…for those wondering I’m celebrating early)

Odds & Ends:
Deluxe Dining Plan (we don’t want to worry about food)
We have Park Hoppers so we can take advantage of evening Extra Magic Hours (EMH)

Now that you all have the basics, our flight departs the airport at 11:15am on May 7th. It is direct and 3 hours long. It is on Southwest, so I will have to be sure to pull it up on my computer at work and check us in quickly so we can get in the “A” boarding group.

We will arrive at 2:15pm then take the Magical Express to our resort. I anticipate arrive at the Grand at approximately 3:00pm. However, it may take us ladies a bit longer as I know we will require a bathroom stop after we get off the plane. We are each taking a carry-on luggage (the rolling kind) and one bag…well, my dd7 is bringing “lovebug”...so no bag for her.

Nana and I were just discussing (covertly) the best way to wash lovebug. It seems that Nana (cold and calculating) just threw it in the washing machine last time. I am nervous…lovebug is greatly loved and kept close (since kindergarten). Lovebug is getting her bath this morning…with strict instruction to Handle With Care.

Our carry-on bags are just about filled…underwear – check…swimsuit – check…princess dress – check…BOTH princess crowns – check…princess shoes – check…princess wands – check...moose – check…wait!!!! Why do we need to bring your Moose!?!?!?! ummmmm that was just ONE carry-on!!!! Just a small skirmish later, we have NO moose, one lovebug and a baby blue hippo (don’t ask), 2 princess dresses with assorted accessories, skorts, swimsuits, shirts, undies, assorted footwear…and our carry-on luggage (all three) are just about full to their brims!!!!!! I will say this…we ARE bringing hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes for the rooms.

I remain determined to only take carry-on luggage. It is a challenge…but I am determined. Wish me luck, because I will need it to get all of our carry-ons stowed in the overhead bins without getting yelled at by the flight attendant. YES!!! Last year a flight attendant yelled at me to get moving as I was holding up the line. Uuuuuuuugggghhh!!! Should I do flight simulations at home?!?!?!? It could be fun…juuuuust saying.

Now…for the food part of our trip…

Yes, we love the Deluxe Dining Plan…ever since last year when I upgraded during the Free Dining Promo. It just works for us…don’t judge me….I did take advice to further space the meals out and have early breakfast ADR’s and late dinner ADR’s . We do love us some food!!!!!!! I tried and tried to get an ADR for dinner at Cinderella’s Castle…but it was a no go so I settled (lol) for Citricos…ahhh the pain of it!!!

Our ADR’s

Arrival Day
1900 Park Fare

2nd Day ~ Magic Kingdom
Crystal Palace early breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern
The Wave

3rd Day ~ Animal Kingdom
O’Hana Breakfast with Lilo & Stitch
Gardenview Tea
Narcoossees (late dinner)

4th Day ~ Magic Kingdom
Chef Mickeys Breakfast
Tony’s Town Square
Citricos

5th Day ~ EPCOT
Cape May Café Breakfast
Akershus Princess Lunch
LeCellier

6th Day ~ Hollywood Studios
Grand Floridian Café Breakfast
50’s Prime Time
Mama Melrose

Departure Day
1900 Park Fare Breakfast

Our First Day Plan…
We will arrive at our resort (aforementioned time 3ish)…check-in, get to room, wipe down essential areas, grab a bite to eat, unpack, check out our resort, go for a swim or check out Magic Kingdom…specifically Splash Mountain, get ready for dinner. I always like to keep the arrival day flexible…it sets the tone for our vacation.

BluewaterBrad
05-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Have fun!!:mickey:

SBETigg
05-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Sounds fantastic. I'm thinking your arrival time will be more like 3:30 or 4, but fingers crossed for the earlier, the better.

Enjoy the trip! You'll have plenty of breaks and get to keep your own relaxed pace, plus try some great restaurants. :thumbsup: I loved Citricos, just tried it for the first time two weeks ago.

deedeenmickey
05-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Wow I want to go with ya'll...that's my kind of eating schedule!!! :blush:

Great resturants please post your experiences.

Have a wonderful time.

faline
05-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Looks like you've got some very yummy dining planned! Enjoy!

Pirate Granny
05-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Just curious since you are flying Southwest and there isn't a charge for luggage, why are you squeezing everything into carry-on luggage?
:pirate:

RedSoxFan
05-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Have a great time.:mickey:

yjgirl32
05-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Looks great! Have a magical trip.

Nini5055
05-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Thanks everyone!!! :mickey:

I know we will have a fabulous time. We are only doing carry-on because the less I schlepp around, the happier I am. :thumbsup: It makes us think and re-think our amount of clothing...keeps us to bringing only what we need.

Ummmmmmm...yes, we DO need Princess Dresses!!!! :D

DizNee143
05-05-2009, 09:12 AM
sounds like its going to be a great time for you guys..along with lots of food!! enjoy! :mickey:

Nini5055
05-05-2009, 04:26 PM
I posted how my camera was broken, but I will be using my Dad's aka Papa's camera. He had just bought a new one a couple of months ago. I will have to take some pictures of us on our way to the airport...or maybe doing that flight simulation I was talking about :D.

I also have to figure out how to post our pictures online...I'm not a technical guru. Any input will be greatly appreciated and probably put to use in approximately 8 days from now.

Well, I am taking Papa out to dinner tonight because I feel he might be feeling just a bit left out right about now. My dd7 is going to have her once a week sleepover with her dad a day earlier. I just don't want to be stressed out wondering if he will get her back to me ontime Thursday morning. :( It just stresses me out thinking about it...uuuuugh!

Anyhow, I have to do some beauty stuff tonight (polishing the digits) after I take Papa out for his night on the town. :beer: Nana is still at work by the way...she is a director of a college and works into the evening. I have been sending her little email updates with Disney pics...and she has loved getting them!!! I have a couple of soldiers to write letters to before I disappear for 7 days...just to let them know that they will be getting Mickey Mouse Ears!!!

Tomorrow, I will pick up chapstick (yes I am addicted ;)) and a few other odd items and will pick some Disney pencils or something up for DD7 who WILL be doing homework on our flights. Yes folks, we have had the homework discussion...it remains to be seen if it will actually occur, but I feel it is worth the effort. One packet will be due for her return to school and the other on that Friday....whew!...she's in 2nd grade how much homework can they give a 7 year old!?!?!?...answer: a lot :(

Our excitement is building...Nana called and asked me out to lunch today. Seems she went to a Dr. appt. that never existed. :confused: So she had some time on her hands. We split a turkey sandwich, chips, yougurt w/berries & granola and two iced teas. It was good. :thumbsup: The only thing that is better is when she calls to tell me she made me a sandwich and is dropping it off on her way...I am TOTALLY spoiled. No man would ever want me now!!!!

That's it for now...there may be more excitement tomorrow, juuuuust saying!!!

miracle1018
05-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Have a wonderful trip! We cruised past the Floridian today on the Ferry over to the MK. What a magical regal place!
Just a reminder! Hang on to your items when going on SM. I lost my hat just after the picture was taken today! (sigh) It was a beautiful Tinkerbell hat.

Take care,
Becky :mickey:

g8rgirl29
05-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Sounds like you are going to have a great time!! I wouldn't give up on the Castle meal, keep calling and check with concierge when you arrive and maybe something will clear up for you,esp if you are flexible on when you can dine. Here is a little Pixie Dust :tink:to ensure a fantastic Grand All Girl Adventure!!!