PDA

View Full Version : ECV's in the parks

Jfamily
05-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Hi,
I was wondering of anyone knows the price per day for ECV at Disney. I had spinal cord surgery and sometimes after being on my feet to much I have trouble walking. I might not need it at all but this way I know how much to put aside for this.
Thanks

wdwfansince75
05-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Buena Vista Scooters runs about $30 per day....We used them last year, and were very pleased. They deliver to the hotel, so you have the scooter full time. You can also rent by the day at the parks, but there are limited numbers, and you can't use it away from the park. Don't know the daily rate for the parks, but I do know it is higher than BVS.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-04-2009, 04:23 PM
I think the daily rate at Disney is $45/day.

We also rented from Buena Vista, and were really happy, with the price and the service!

joelkfla
05-04-2009, 06:05 PM
I think the daily rate at Disney is $45/day.
That is correct. I think there is also a $20 deposit.

If you're park hopping, you can present your rental receipt for a free rental at other parks on the same day, but only if ECV's are available at the time.

Jfamily
05-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Thank you for all your responses. I hate to order from the other company because I may not need it. I do try to push myself and I have young kids but I don't want to ruin thier fun if I have trouble walking one day.

Mickey'sGirl
05-05-2009, 10:50 AM
This thread has us thinking -- is there a way to arrange for an off-site ECV rental once we're down there? I'm hoping that my foot will hold out through our August trip (we are going for 2 weeks, and plan on taking it easy), but if it doesn't, we would want to get an ECV to get me around at the hotel in addition to the parks.

Anyone know?

TheDuckRocks
05-05-2009, 11:06 AM
This thread has us thinking -- is there a way to arrange for an off-site ECV rental once we're down there? I'm hoping that my foot will hold out through our August trip (we are going for 2 weeks, and plan on taking it easy), but if it doesn't, we would want to get an ECV to get me around at the hotel in addition to the parks.

Anyone know?

Yes, my own ECV's battery died while we were there in Dec. and one quick call to Walker Moblity had one waiting for me at WL in the time it took to have lunch at the GF and then take a taxi with said dead ECV in tow.

Mickey'sGirl
05-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Yes, my own ECV's battery died while we were there in Dec. and one quick call to Walker Moblity had one waiting for me at WL in the time it took to have lunch at the GF and then take a taxi with said dead ECV in tow.
Thanks Kay! My pride is telling me it will be ok, but my practical side wants to be prepared! :mickey:

PETE FROM NYC
05-06-2009, 03:14 PM
If you are going during one of the more crowded seasons,by all means get one off site.WDW only has a limited number and they frequently run out.
Google scooter rental,Orlando to find several agencies.
Scoot-around and Buena Vista rentals come to mind.

tnpoohbear
05-10-2009, 12:42 PM
I have very bad knees in fact I need to have replacement surgery (whenever I can muster up the courage). I had used the ECV's in the parks which are great but they do run out very quickly especially if you hop from park to park. I found used Buena Vista Scooters and love them! I always have the scooter when I need it and do not have to worry if one is available! Buena Vista is the best and I think have the best equipemtn and rates. Plus they will deliver the scooter to your hote. In February we stayed at the Grand Floridian and it was there waiting for me when I arrived. Dont risk injurying yourself get a scooter!

Roland
05-27-2009, 04:10 PM
The rates are a ridiculously hight $45 a day with a $20 deposit. Just two or three years ago, it was like $30 and before that it was $20.

I do not know what the daily offsite rates are but due to WDW's extremely high rates, I've had to cut down on my length of stay due to costs. I used to stay 7 or 8 days and now it's 5 or 6 because of ECV costs.

ElenitaB
05-27-2009, 11:32 PM
The rates vary from agency to agency, and also vary for the type of equipment. The scooters have a user weight limit; the more "substantial" the scooter is, the higher the price.

Also, be aware that if you are travelling during a more popular time of year, you may not be able to call last-minute and secure an ECV (it happened to us when we returned from our cruise and I needed the scooter for just two days/one evening). Thus, you may have to depend on getting to the parks early and renting onsite.