PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy bottled water?

PETE FROM NYC
05-04-2009, 12:15 PM
I will have my car,where do I get a case or two of water?

GrumpyFan
05-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Take a look here (http://intercot.com/infocentral/grocery/grocery.asp) for a list of nearby shopping centers.

Ed
05-04-2009, 04:13 PM
There's a Wal-Mart Superstore closer than the one listed. It's on SR 535 (Apopka-Vineland Rd)one mile south of SR 536 (World Center Blvd) or three miles south of Hotel Plaza Blvd. Very well stocked grocery department. :thumbsup:

mudpuppysmom
05-04-2009, 04:17 PM
I do believe there is a grocery store at the Crossroads plaza which is across from DTD -- is that right?????

I'm sure someone will correct me if my memory is not serving me today!:D

Ed
05-04-2009, 04:26 PM
I do believe there is a grocery store at the Crossroads plaza which is across from DTD -- is that right?????

That would be Gooding's, at 535 and Hotel Plaza Blvd. Yes, it's close. And yes, they have a good variety. Just be sure to bring lots of $$$$$$$. One of the most expensive grocery stores in the entire area. :eek:

MidnTPK
05-04-2009, 04:28 PM

Yes, but its not the best store. Gooding's used to be a premium grocer...but it went bankrupt and all that is left is two stores in tourist areas. So it doesn't have a corporate parent to keep it well stocked.

Last year we planned on stocking up with somewhat simple baby supplies, and they were out of half of what we wanted (no diapers in any size, for example). There were many empty shelves in many aisles. We ended up having to go to another store.

Take a look here (http://intercot.com/infocentral/grocery/grocery.asp) for a list of nearby shopping centers.

There's a Wal-Mart Superstore closer than the one listed. It's on SR 535 (Apopka-Vineland Rd)one mile south of SR 536 (World Center Blvd) or three miles south of Hotel Plaza Blvd. Very well stocked grocery department. :thumbsup:
Are these the best/closest stores (where I'll be able to find most items that you'd find at a well stocked grocery store)?

MidnTPK
05-04-2009, 04:30 PM
That would be Gooding's, at 535 and Hotel Plaza Blvd. Yes, it's close. And yes, they have a good variety.
See my comments above. Have things changed from last year?

Ed
05-04-2009, 04:47 PM
See my comments above. Have things changed from last year?

Truthfully, I don't know first-hand. I only shopped there one time and paid roughly twice what I would have paid at Publix. Once burned, twice cautious. :nono:

Re: your post above that one - - if that WalMart doesn't have what you want, you probably don't need it. The grocery section is HUGE, with a great variety.

If you continue south on 535 to where it intersects with 192, there's a Publix on the NE corner. Again, good selection, great deli, moderate prices.

And if you turn left on 192, about a half-mile down on the left you'll come across a Target Superstore - - your standard Target (or is that 'Tar-zhay' ?) but also with a very large grocery selection. Prices moderate to high.

MidnTPK
05-04-2009, 04:58 PM
What....you don't like half the selection at twice the regular price?:thedolls:

Anyway, the store seemed pretty run down. I have family in Winter Park (northern suburb of Orlando) and we used to go to Goodings there all the time. It wasn't until I walked in this store that I'd realized we'd been going to another grocer near here house. I called my sis as I walked around and said why is this Goodings such a dump and she said the chain basically went out of business in 2001..which is why she goes to the new place.

But anyway, thanks. I think the Wal-Mart will suffice.

Oh...and since this thread has been hijacked, here's my contribution to the OP: I've heard the Hess station near the Boardwalk is decently priced.

TheMartellFamily
05-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Goodings is the most expensive grocery store I have ever seen, so we do not go there. There is Wal-mart to CVS and Walgreen to gas stations near the enterence of on site is less expensive than Goodings.

mudpuppysmom
05-05-2009, 09:25 PM
I've only ever read about this place -- personally we go to either Walmart or the Target Superstore.....sorrry I opened up the can of worms on Goodings!

Dopey's Girl
05-05-2009, 10:40 PM
The Hess stations on Disney property are always where I go. They can't compete with walmart as far as prices, but they don't charge nearly what Disney does! Plus it's close!

Tigger&Stitch
05-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Just a thought...

Since it's been stated openly that bottled water is just filtered tap water, why not bring a sports bottle and refill it while you are there? We bought a couple of Brita ones with filters right in the bottle that are excellent.

Save heaps of plastic (and trash), and a bunch of money too.

Princess'Mom
05-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Just a thought...

Since it's been stated openly that bottled water is just filtered tap water, why not bring a sports bottle and refill it while you are there? We bought a couple of Brita ones with filters right in the bottle that are excellent.

Save heaps of plastic (and trash), and a bunch of money too.

Good suggestion - you really do need the refillable bottles with the filters like Brita. No offense to any FLA residents - but the water in the Orlando area tastes horrible!

aprilisis
05-06-2009, 01:00 PM
There's a Winn Dixie 2 lights down the road from Crossroads & it's cheap.

joonyer
05-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Since you are driving down, I would suggest you look for bottled water on sale somewhere at home (or on the way down, Wal-Marts are great) and just bring it with you. We always drive, (a lot shorter trip than yours) and bring all our groceries, drinks, supplies, etc. from home. We have a minvan so we have plenty of room for stuff. Doing it that way lets us get better prices and we don't waste any of our WDW time shopping.