PDA

View Full Version : Some good news

varcity
05-04-2009, 12:08 PM
All of this bad news is circulating through Intercot, I figured it was time for some smiles.

I was talking on Small Worlds the other night about my acceptance to UCSD (Yes Snarky I am in college :thedolls:). CalPoly was my first choice but they didn't accept me, but rather put me on a waiting list to be decided on later (Depending on how many students accepted their offers). So I did a little hoop jumping and appealed my decision saying it was my first college of choice. This moved me up on the waiting list.

About a month ago I had an awards ceremony for an All California Academic Third Team award. At the award my student advisor said he was a CalPoly Alum and would call down and see if he can't pull his weight with them. Of course they still said no, but with how much bragging my advisor did about me, I got moved to the top of the waiting list.

Now come Friday I got a call from CalPoly saying I had been accepted. So after psyching myself up for San Diego, it became hard to make a decision. But just now I sent an email to Poly saying I would be attending their school come this fall! I'm really excited to be in their program (4th in the nation for specialty schools in engineering programs). I'm ready to get out on my own, but nervous at the same time.

So, some good news to brighten the day. I think I'll celebrate by going to DLR. :mickey:

snuggs30
05-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Good for you! Enjoy and much luck to you!:number1::beer:

FriendsofMickey
05-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Good for you! Have a great time celebrating at DLR!

gauvin4
05-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Congratulations!!! :thumbsup:

Marla
05-04-2009, 01:38 PM
:thumbsup::clappy::yay::congrats::yay::clappy:

WDWfanatic742
05-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Congrats varcity! Yeah, those waiting lists can be extremely stressful. I thought that I would be done with them last year, but going to be dealing with them again next year :cool:

Alligirl
05-04-2009, 05:54 PM
YAY!!!!::congrats::woohoo::joy::clappy: I am very happy for you!! What an accomplishment you should be very proud of yourself!

And since I am so happy for you I will ignore you mocking my lack of multitasking skills! But just this once Mister!!:thedolls:

trackbarroness
05-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Way to go dude, that totally rocks. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-04-2009, 10:36 PM
That is so awesome varcity! Congratulations and good luck! :)

TinkRocks
05-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Congrats Varcity!

So totally excited for you...

I know the whole college experience can be a stressful / nerve-testing time, but it is also a wonderful time in one's life.

I'm sure you'll do fantastic. One step closer to achieving those dreams of yours.... ;)

Patricia
05-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Congratulations!!

:cheer:

How exciting.. Your in!!

varcity
05-05-2009, 10:48 AM
thank you thank you! Just one day after I accepted and I'm already busy getting transcripts and looking for housing. Not to mention all the homework I still have for these last four weeks and coaching a JV basketball team :mickey:

Snarky, what mocking have I done? :thedolls:

Chescat
05-05-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm so proud of you! That's so awesome! :ccat::ccat::ccat:

(-- hmm, that means he's closer to me now. --)

cEveArdenfan
05-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Congratulations, Varcity! I think I know that excited/nervous feeling you're talking about. Or at least I will soon. Good luck!:dumbo:

wizardmickey
05-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Awwww mannnn.... I expected to open this up and find out you'd saved 15% on your auto insurance by switching to Geico!

Oh well, congrats anyway.

TinkRocks
05-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Awwww mannnn.... I expected to open this up and find out you'd saved 15% on your auto insurance by switching to Geico!

:rotfl:

SBETigg
05-12-2009, 03:31 PM
One of my son's friends is headed there, too. It's a great school, very selective, so you must have worked hard. Congratulations! Excellent news for you. You should be very proud.