PDA

View Full Version : Citricos, California Grill, Bistro de Paris?

lspst888
05-04-2009, 09:36 AM
I'm honeymooning at Disney this September and am trying to pick out our "signature dining" night. I ate at CA Grill probably 10 years age, and it was really good. Citricos's menu looks great too. Any advice will be great!

My husband-to-be has already decided on Bistro de Paris as his must-do meal, and I understand that it is not on the Dining Plan, correct? He has never had french food and really wants to try the tasting menu. I figure the honeymoon is the place to splurge!

dixielandings
05-04-2009, 10:13 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go to Cali Grill. Make a reservation for around 7 or 7:30. Go out onto the deck about 10 minutes before fireworks time (when you make your ressie, ask the host what time the show is scheduled for that night). If you're inclined, take glasses of wine out there. It's one of the most romantic evenings my DH and I have ever had, certainly at Disney World. Have the steak and caramel creme brulee.

Congratulations!

SBETigg
05-04-2009, 10:51 AM
California Grill is my favorite due to the breathtaking views, also with excellent food and service. Watching fireworks and the electrical water pageant from the outside viewing area is so romantic. I love it.

Citricos was very good, too. Bistro de Paris isn't on the dining plan. Narcoossee's is also one to consider. Of the Signature dining, California Grill is the one I wouldn't miss, but they're all so good.

Figment78
05-04-2009, 12:45 PM
I too vote for California Grill. We ate at Citricos and Cali Grill on our last "romantic" getaway and while we found Citricos to have great food and atmosphere, the views from Cali Grill pushed it just a notch above. The service at both was incredible - far superior to the "regular" disney dining. You can't go wrong with either. One thing to mention, if you prefer eating earlier in the evening, Cali Grill at sunset is my favorite, you can see so far out over the MK resorts! You can also return to watch the fireworks later from the observation deck.

I have not been to Bistro de Paris in about 15 years but it was great back then and I'm sure it still is! It's on my list of places to return to...someday!