PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to Get Rental Car While On Property

merlinmagic4
05-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Hi :mickey:

I'm considering staying two or three nights at the Beach Club next year before moving on to our timeshare at Sheraton Vistana. We would use ME to get to Beach Club from the airport. However, when we check out of Beach Club, we will need to get a rental car. What is the best way to do this? Can we use ME to get back to the airport to pick up a car? I know there is one car rental location on property (or just off) but I need to compare all prices as we travel school vacation weeks and pay top dollar anyway. I can't assume we'll get a reasonable price at that one location. Any ideas?

faline
05-04-2009, 09:20 AM
National and Alamo are on site and you can, in fact, get different rates from each - even for the same car from the same location! I believe there are other rental agencies who would come pick you up located in the Downtown Disney resort area.

You can also use Magical Express to go back to the airport on the day you check out of your Disney resort.

Mr. Smee
05-04-2009, 10:44 AM
There is a National car rental desk at the Dolphin, which is a short cab ride from the Beach Club. That would probably be your bet bet if you can get a good rate from them. We have used the Dolphin National car Rental desk several times and have always been happy. Also, the Car Rental companies at the Car Care Center will pick you up at your hotel in a small bus, but usually you are sharing a ride and it may take a little more time.

diz_girl
05-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Also, the Car Rental companies at the Car Care Center will pick you up at your hotel in a small bus, but usually you are sharing a ride and it may take a little more time.

My SIL did this in December to visit friends at Pompano Beach and she had no problems. It was a one-way rental and it sure beat going to MCO.

PlutoPlanet
05-04-2009, 12:19 PM
We stayed at the BW last year. I looked into renting from the Alamo desk at the Dolphin resort. Please check the hours of the location. The Alamo desk could be closed all or part of Sunday.

Checkers
05-04-2009, 02:22 PM
:mickey:We have picked up/dropped off our National Rental Car at the Dolphin on several occasions. Worked out perfectly for us and the Dolphin is within walking distance to the Beach Club (or you could take the boat) and then come back to the Beach Club for your luggage. Just make sure to check the hours of operation. After your stay at the Vistana you can drop the car at the airport.