PDA

View Full Version : Getting to pop via car.....

tannermansmom
05-03-2009, 08:11 PM
We will be at Disney next week and since we live in the Florida Panhanle we will be driving. Friday night we will be staying in Ocala. I am hoping someone has done a similar drive and can give us fairly easy directions. Thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

badkitty
05-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Here is what I do when traveling from Tallahassee:
-Take I75 SOUTH
-Take the Turnpike towards Orlando
-Take 429 towards Tampa
-Take Western Way exit headng EAST following Disney signs (deadend at Buena Vista Dr)
-Turn right on Buena Vista Dr towards Blizzard Beach and AK (left goes to CSR and EPCOT)
-Take Osceola Parkway EAST towards I4 (opposite direction of AK, straight goes to ASR)
-Turn LEFT on Victory Way
-Turn RIGHT into Pop Century Resort

I hope this helps or someone else might have a better way.

dizneefan67
05-03-2009, 10:50 PM
#1- Go to mapquest and get directions from your Ocala loation to Pop...OR

#2- Download Google Earth and put in Ocala or Pop Century and trace your steps and write them down.

Google Earth is free and would be best so you can see the streets and highways and be familiar with them and see what to look for when you are driving...at least thats what I did! Much easier than the mapquest directions!

Have fun and hope you find your way! Have a Magical DisneyVacation!:mickey:

tannermansmom
05-04-2009, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the help! We looked at Google Earth last night. I guess you could say that DH and I don't mind traveling "off the beaten path" and didn't know if there was some new way that we hadn't been before. Now we only have 5 days!:woohoo:

Piglet822
05-04-2009, 12:12 PM
badkitty's directions are to the letter. I drive motor coach in and around the Disney area and these are the directions I was going to give you as well.
Now, if you are a visual person like me I prefer Microsoft Maps because of the clarity of the Birds Eye View. Keeping in mind these maps are a couple of years old but the majority of the time the view they give has not changed. If you go to the Microsoft Live Map site and put in Victory Way and Century Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL, you should come up with an overview of the entrance to Pop Century.
One word of caution, when on Western Way (and any Disney roadway) please be sure to observe the posted speed limit. Orange and Osceola County sheriffs do run radar frequently and write tickets. The speed limit on Western Way in particular is 45 mph with a drop to 35 mph.