PDA

View Full Version : Changing vacation plans 3 months before our travel date?

DisneyRN
05-03-2009, 04:27 PM
We won't find out until late August or early September whether or not my borfriend can go with us on Dec. 5. I want to change which resort and dining plan we use if he doesn't go.

How many problems will this cause if we have to do this? We are going to get trip insurance just in case.

We will upgrade from POFQ to WL if it is still available. And we will want to upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan...all the extra money will still be used! :thumbsup:

I am waiting on a pricing from Magical Journeys, but if we book on our own with Disney Travel, are they good about changes?

Im nervous about losing money.

faline
05-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Why don't you wait to book until you know how many folks will be in your party? We've put together a Disney trip in just a week in the past - it just required a little bit of flexibility around dining. Sounds like you'll have several months of advance knowledge. If you're more than 45 days out, you can change without a fee. However, if you had any special promotions that are no longer being offered you may lose that when you switch.

Tink1
05-03-2009, 05:06 PM
We can change anything without penalties up to 45 days prior to arrival if it is available.

The issue will be that WL is almost always sold out in December. The Christmas decorations there make it a prime spot that month.

Nanc

DisneyRN
05-04-2009, 12:15 AM
But, Nanc, if I know for sure in August, what are the chances that ALL rooms will be sold out in December. I am flexible as to room type...errr. Okay, I am somewhat flexible. I don't think the two of us need a suite or anything! :)

Tink1
05-04-2009, 12:34 PM
It is impossible to predict the ebb and flow of resort occupancy with the data we get from Disney.

WL is very popular at Christmas. Some weekends tend to sell out faster than others. When they will sell out is anyones guess though. I just wanted to be sure you knew that it is a popular resort in Dec.

Nanc