PDA

View Full Version : What does MJ require for a deposit if you book with them?

forever a child
05-03-2009, 04:10 PM
I have always called WDW directly in the past and made my reservations and placed a deposit for 1 night down with ressie. Is it the same with MJ's? If not, what is their requirement to secure your reservation? :confused:

I am thinking I would like to try to use MJ for our trip this time but I always pay the majority of my trip with cash or debit card once I arrive to check in at our hotel. So I am not sure if I can go this route or not.

Thanks!:mickey:

faline
05-03-2009, 04:14 PM
The deposit you pay is the same you would pay to Disney. If you are booking a room only reservation, you need to put down the equivalent of one night's stay. You can pay the remainder directly to Disney when you check in. If you are booking a package, the package needs to be paid in full before your arrival. The rules are exactly the same rules that Disney demands.

forever a child
05-03-2009, 04:28 PM
The deposit you pay is the same you would pay to Disney. If you are booking a room only reservation, you need to put down the equivalent of one night's stay. You can pay the remainder directly to Disney when you check in. If you are booking a package, the package needs to be paid in full before your arrival. The rules are exactly the same rules that Disney demands.

OK, I never booked a package before, but that is what I am wanting to book for this trip. so when you say "before your arrival" could you be a little more specific? I guess I am asking how much when you originally book and then how soon before your arrival like 24 hours or whatever time required.

Sorry if this sounds dumb...but since I have only booked a room only before it was easy...1 night down and 5 nights paid for when we arrived....:scratch:

Thanks!:mickey:

faline
05-03-2009, 04:43 PM
With a package, you must pay what you owe in its entirety 45 days before your arrival date. This is mandated by Disney and Disney would require this if you booked a package directly with them.

You'll love working with Magical Journeys! They're great!

forever a child
05-03-2009, 06:31 PM
With a package, you must pay what you owe in its entirety 45 days before your arrival date. This is mandated by Disney and Disney would require this if you booked a package directly with them.

You'll love working with Magical Journeys! They're great!

OK, that's what I needed to know! thanks!!!:D

forever a child
05-03-2009, 06:40 PM
OK, I just thought of another question....
If I book and prepay a package w/the Free DD plan and prepay and then decide to change my plans after the 45 days (like add more days to our stay or upgrade/downgrade to another hotel) will I loose my free DD because it was after the deadline(for free DD) that I made the change???:confused:

This is why I have always just done the AP and hotel only stays....:D

KathyMJ
05-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Here is the cancellation policy for Disney Packages:

If you cancel 44-6 days prior to arrival, it is a $100 penalty. If you cancel 5-0 days prior to arrival, it is a $200 penalty.
Changes made within 45 days incur may incur a change fee.
If you make a change within 45 days and it decreases your total package, Disney will charge you a $50 change fee.
If you increase the cost of your package, Disney does not charge a change fee.

Keep in mind that if you book the Free Dining package and later decide to change resorts, it will be based on availability. Since the Free Dining is very popular be sure to choose a resort that makes you happy from the start:)

I hope that helps:mickey: