PDA

View Full Version : What are you willing to spend to go to WDW?

forever a child
05-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Just curious of what exactly everyone spends for WDW including Tickets, Travel, Room/Board, Food and Souvenirs? :blush:

The polls will be anonymous so no one will know what you've answered unless you post something. :secret:

Happy Sharing:mickey:

merlinmagic4
05-03-2009, 01:37 PM
I just figured out about 5000.00 for our trip:

800.00 timeshare maintenance fee
1000.00 park tickets
1500.00 spending money/food
1000.00 airfare
400.00 kennel for dogs
300.00 car rental

Yikes!

forever a child
05-03-2009, 01:52 PM
I always figure between $2500- $3500 for DD and myself. Being a divorced mother of 1 teenage, I guess I get off cheap!

But I never think it is much until I add it all up...

$1000 Hotel
600-800 Airfare
$450 Food (Glad to get the Free Disney Dining)
$580 Tickets
$300 Misc/Souvenir

$2930 -3130:eek:

One year we got to go for $1500 since I was an AP holder and we got great rates on the rooms and I think our airfare we got for around $150 each...I was happy!:minnie:

We don't spend much on the Souvenir side of it...I can only use so many coffee mugs and beach towels! :balloon:

LovinWDW
05-03-2009, 01:58 PM
The two week trip we take every summer runs around $9,000. We tend to go over the top while on vacation though. We can most likely do the same trip for $6,000 if we really cut back. Good poll by the way! :thumbsup:

forever a child
05-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Good poll by the way! :thumbsup:

Thanks, I didn't want to offend anybody with a taboo subject. :oops: But it is always fun to hear about because everyone spends a different length of time, stays at a different level of hotel and has different size family and priority for their vacation.:magic:

I think many of us here on Intercot are Disney Addicts (and I include myself in that fine pool of people):party2:

GrmGrninGost
05-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Our trips have been anywhere from $1,500 dollars to well over $5,000. For us it depends on finances at that particular time. I would have no problem spending $4,000 or more for an 8 or 9 day trip, but it's not always financially feasible.

GoofyforFun
05-03-2009, 02:21 PM
With a family of 5 the airfare hopefully is 1k to $1500 ( DW wants to drive down next time). Then we start paying for the fun part. And that can be usually 3k to 4K.

ASweetLov
05-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Hmmmm lets see for my fiance and I:
*6 Days/5 Nights*

Resort and tickets- $932
Plane tickets- $418
Food- about $250 (we bring our own breakfast and snacks and eat around 3 at the food court everyday for lunch/dinner. We don't eat much)
Souveniers- $200 (it's less than that I just like to over estimate)

Total= $1800

* We stay at a value. Pop Century*

BMan62
05-03-2009, 02:48 PM
We're really cheap, and proud of it!!

$1455 for 8 nights @ Pop Century w/'Free DDP', MYW tickets w/PH & WPF options;
<$300 roundtrip airfare for 2 on Southwest from Baltimore(BWI);
minimal snacks/souvenirs/miscellaneous expenses;
~$80 to get the vehicle out of the airport parking lot.

Total stays under $2500 every time, most times under $2000.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Although we try and keep it as reasonable as possible, we usually end up spending around $5000 on the trip. $1500 on the train/drive down and the rest at Disney.

Since we're in Canada, the exchange-rate can play havoc with our plans, and how much things cost :)

beksy
05-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Most of the time it would probably be around $3000 for my sister and me at a moderate for 9 nights/10 days. This year we're going all out and taking Mom on a special BFF trip (mom, my sister and I are lucky enough to be best friends in addition to family). Since her health isn't good and we never know when her last trip will be, we're staying deluxe (Contemporary with a theme park view) and will have the dining plan plus a couple of other meals. We're going for 12 nights/13 days and are planning on going back for a couple of weekends next fall so we're getting APs for my sister and me (still not sure about mom). We're also doing a backstage tour and will have to rent two ECVs for the trip. The total is going to be around $8500, depending on souveniers. I'm trying not to think about it! My sister and I are splitting the cost so that will help. Now we just have to keep mom from finding out the total and hope for a great discount to come along! :mickey:

deedeebee
05-03-2009, 03:46 PM
With a family of 5 the airfare hopefully is 1k to $1500 ( DW wants to drive down next time). Then we start paying for the fun part. And that can be usually 3k to 4K.

Ditto, except for driving down. I will never drive from Michigan to Orlando with my 3 spawns.

forever a child
05-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Now we just have to keep mom from finding out the total and hope for a great discount to come along! :mickey:

Good Luck on that! Mom's have a way of finding these things out!:thedolls:

Sounds like a great time together:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
05-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Wow!! What a great post!! Reading already what people wrote was cool. Now , we live about 2.5 hrs away so we visit mostly for long weekends. That is why i picked the 1000 range. Most times it is much less for Michelle and i. We are AP holders, but this year did not renew in March(pay cut at work............that was my "cut") We will downgrade to the seasonal AP pass in Oct. That is when we spend 4-5 nites for the Food and Wine Fest. Sorry guys.............Rambling!! All in All............we probably spend 4k ayear......not including:marg::beer::beer::marg:!!! (I do not want to know that $$ figure!!):mickey:

forever a child
05-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Wow!! What a great post!! Reading already what people wrote was cool. Now , we live about 2.5 hrs away so we visit mostly for long weekends. That is why i picked the 1000 range. Most times it is much less for Michelle and i. We are AP holders, but this year did not renew in March(pay cut at work............that was my "cut") We will downgrade to the seasonal AP pass in Oct. That is when we spend 4-5 nites for the Food and Wine Fest. Sorry guys.............Rambling!! All in All............we probably spend 4k ayear......not including:marg::beer::beer::marg:!!! (I do not want to know that $$ figure!!):mickey:

Wow, that sounds like fun! I know DD and I would love to go multiple times for 2-3 night stays! :mickey: Haven't been able to find a job that would bring us to FL and make that possible though!:(

spoiledraf
05-03-2009, 04:40 PM
While our average four day, three night, plus the first and last night in a Disney sister hotel usually runs about $3500 in a deluxe with the premium plan. Plus the drive down which runs us about $200 in gas plus a food stop or two.

This trip will go well into five figures as we are celbrating our 35th wedding anniversary and bringing our kids and their faminlies along and paying their way as anniversary gifts as well. So theres also the three grandkids, 3 rooms at the BC (4+3) plus the deluxe dining plan. And of course Nana wants to do some "special things" for the little ones. It started out a lot less, but...... hey it's Disney and we will never do this again. We'll bot soon be retired and deluxe will probably be out of our range. Heck Disney may be out of range with whats happened to my 401 K! :blush:

But as I break it down for the tow of us;
gas 2400 mile@ 30 mpg at $2.00 a gal. = $160
food in transit - $120
Hotel the night before and last night off site - $86 x 2 = $172
4 days / 3 nights deluxe on the premium plan - $3000
Snacks souveniers - $100
valet parking - $40
tips - bell sevices, valet, dining(no longer included in meals)- $200
taxi a couple times - $40
other - $50
total $3882, pretty much comes in at average.

We could go longer if we went with a smaller plan, free dining plan or went to a moderate, but we like to splurge on vacation. Pamper mom a few days a year.

morebroccoli
05-03-2009, 04:47 PM
USUALLY for our annual (or every 10 months now , it seems) trip we go bout 7 nights. for the 2 of us.

-usually we stay at a moderate
(bout $100 a night with the off season fl res/passholder discount)
-get FL res seasonal passes
(bout $475 for both)
-then average $75 a day total on food (we share)
-$350 plane tickets/car/gas/whatever way we decide to travel
- finally $200 a piece misc/souvenirs.

*** total - bout $2500 er so.

but THIS year its going to be about $4000. eeek!

i decided to put my foot down and FINALLY stay at the POLY. sooo my cost just about doubled this year! (free dining is helping a lot though!) but i figured if i dont do it now, i'll just always be dreaming of staying there and saying " well one day when i get rich".. well i dont think that will happen and if it does i am tired of waiting, so im just gonna do it!

Dulcee
05-03-2009, 06:12 PM
DBF and I have gotten it whittled down for a 7 night / 8 day trip to 3,000 including our airfare down. We're pretty content with that.

:eyes:I can't imagine spending upwards of 10K on a vacation but I suppose thats just me...

However I could see doing that if I get my way one day and the DBF and I will be able to swing that for WDW wedding... :cloud9:

forever a child
05-03-2009, 07:20 PM
:eyes:I can't imagine spending upwards of 10K on a vacation but I suppose thats just me...

DD and I can go to Israel for 2 weeks all inclusive for $9K Which we are planning for 2012! Or China for 2-3K!

merlinmagic4
05-03-2009, 08:22 PM
We're really cheap, and proud of it!!

$1455 for 8 nights @ Pop Century w/'Free DDP', MYW tickets w/PH & WPF options;
<$300 roundtrip airfare for 2 on Southwest from Baltimore(BWI);
minimal snacks/souvenirs/miscellaneous expenses;
~$80 to get the vehicle out of the airport parking lot.

Total stays under $2500 every time, most times under $2000.

Oh, how I wish we could do that!!!!! I am always so envious of people who can travel during value times!!!! That is awesome :thumbsup: Someday..................

tinksmom02
05-03-2009, 10:08 PM
USUALLY for our annual (or every 10 months now , it seems) trip we go bout 7 nights. for the 2 of us.

-usually we stay at a moderate
(bout $100 a night with the off season fl res/passholder discount)
-get FL res seasonal passes
(bout $475 for both)
-then average $75 a day total on food (we share)
-$350 plane tickets/car/gas/whatever way we decide to travel
- finally $200 a piece misc/souvenirs.

*** total - bout $2500 er so.

but THIS year its going to be about $4000. eeek!

i decided to put my foot down and FINALLY stay at the POLY. sooo my cost just about doubled this year! (free dining is helping a lot though!) but i figured if i dont do it now, i'll just always be dreaming of staying there and saying " well one day when i get rich".. well i dont think that will happen and if it does i am tired of waiting, so im just gonna do it!

We're doing the same thing this year! We usually stay at a mod and probably pay about $2500 for room, tix, airfare, with free dining. (me, DH, DD6) This Sept we're aplurging and staying Poly GVClub. We're paying for the dining plan but we got an awesome pin code. I think right now, with room, tix, airfare, dining, we're at about $4K. Still not as much as when I priced "standard" Poly rooms on the Disney site!

I can't even begin to tell you what we spend on souvniers and stuff...that's just too embarrassing. :blush: But I voted in the $5-$6K range, just to give myself some leeway LOL

MickeyandTink
05-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Wow, I guess I feel really fortunate we can get our family of four out there for a week for just about $2500. Between "free dining" , getting only the base MYW tickets, and staying at a value resort, we can do 8 days/7 nights for under $1600. We were able to book airfare for four from DFW for just over $700 total. About another $200 for tips and souveniers.

Maybe someday we'll be able to do a vacation at the Poly or another deluxe resort, but right now we're just thrilled we've been able to get our family to Disney each year for the last three years. It's been a wonderful family time.

disneyboundagain
05-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Believe me, we are by no means rich. I do side jobs all year to pay for our annual trip. But, when we go, we don't want to, nor usually have to, worry about money. If that wasn't bad enough, we always go during the Holiday season. Without getting into a long story, there is a reason we go at that time, and wouldn't even think about going any other time. That being said, the Disney part of our vacation usually averages about $8K, with another $2K for the "other" places we visit in the Orlando area.

forever a child
05-04-2009, 12:07 AM
I am amazed at the broad range everyone spends for their trip! Very Cool!:thumbsup: Sure means that Disney is capable of reaching a broad spectrum of vacationers. :mickey:

Tigger&Stitch
05-04-2009, 04:48 AM
I'm almost embarrassed about how much we spend getting to WDW...but I recognize we are fortunate enough to have the money.

Our flights are the most expensive bit - this year they are a little over NZ$7400 (US$4100). We will be using our DVC points for the first time this year, so I'll count the annual dues of $850ish as lodging for 2 weeks (we aren't financing DVC).

Beyond that? $600ish for tickets, $100ish for MNSSHP, and most likely $1000 for food, perhaps $200 or so for souvenirs.

In the end, even though we buy the NZ to US tickets in NZ currency, the rest we use our US currency for...so I tend to just count that up and ignore the flight costs since we would pay them no matter where we travelled in the US.

dmosher
05-04-2009, 05:20 AM
Our flights are the most expensive bit - this year they are a little over NZ$7400 (US$4100). We will be using our DVC points for the first time this year, so I'll count the annual dues of $850ish as lodging for 2 weeks (we aren't financing DVC).
Dear god! I had no idea! OK I did, but I refused to admit it. Thanks for making this enjoyable post so painful my dear.
:pipes:
D

Magic Smiles
05-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Except for our first trip to WDW, they have all cost over $10,000.00 and we stay at the POFQ!
We now try to stay fo 2 - 3 weeks though and always have a rental car as we also visit some of the other parks in the area. While on vacation if we want it we buy it!

yjgirl32
05-04-2009, 08:52 AM
For our next trip which will be 10 days:

600.00 plane tickets
2000.00 for room & tickets- cheaper thanks to free dining
500.00 for souveniors
500.00 extras like Seaworld, Cape Canaveral, etc

DisneyBabies
05-04-2009, 10:21 AM
We don't go to Disney every year, so we tend to make the most of our time when we do go (Read that as: we save money for two years to take with us, so we don't have to say no about gifts and other extras :blush:).

2007 - Just me & DH
6 nights/7 days
Beach Club (Club Level)
Regular DDP
7 day tickets w/PH and WPF
Plane tickets
gifts for us and the kids
= $8000

2009 - Me, DH and DS
7 nights/8 days
CBR (Pirate Room)
Deluxe DDP
8 day tickets w/PH
gas for the drive
Wonderland Tea Party & Pirate Cruise
= $3500 (would have been $4300 without b4g3; and would have had more $ for gifts if I hadn't needed 4 new tires two weeks before the trip)

2011 - Me, DH and DD
7 nights/8 days
ASMusic (Family Suite)
Deluxe DDP
8 day tickets w/PH
gas for the drive
BBB (Castle Package) & My Disney Girl Tea Party
= $6000 (estimate)

2013 - Me, DH, DS and DD
7 nights/8 days
Fort Wilderness (Cabins)
Deluxe DDP
8 day tickets w/PH
gas for the drive
MNSSHP tickets, BBB (Castle Package) & Pirate Makeover (Captain's Package X 2)
=$7000 (estimate)

It seems like a lot of money (just ask my mom :D), but since it is only once every few years, I can spend it without thinking twice and be very happy about my purchase.

DisneyOtaku
05-04-2009, 10:34 AM
When I go with my family, my parents always pay for it, so I have no idea what the price is (though I know it's high, since we usually stay 5 nights at the Poly for four adults).

When I go with friends, we divide it evenly between us. That's our Disney package with dining and gas money to drive. Last time, it was a little more than 700 dollars for my share, but for the (hopeful!) trip for next summer, it's more like 1100 for me (but, bigger group, nicer hotel, more days). Still worth every penny! :mickey:

Mickey_Fan
05-04-2009, 06:04 PM
We have a 14 day trip (11 days at WDW) and it will be $2250 for travel, hotels, gas and tips. We then have to add in food and spending money. I figure we will average $150/day for another $2100. So the estimate is $4350. The $150/day is not a scientific number, so this can be really far off.

forever a child
05-04-2009, 08:07 PM
We don't go to Disney every year, so we tend to make the most of our time when we do go (Read that as: we save money for two years to take with us, so we don't have to say no about gifts and other extras :blush:).

2007 - Just me & DH
6 nights/7 days
Beach Club (Club Level)
Regular DDP
7 day tickets w/PH and WPF
Plane tickets
= $8000

2009 - Me, DH and DS
7 nights/8 days
CBR (Pirate Room)
Deluxe DDP
8 day tickets w/PH
gas for the drive
Wonderland Tea Party & Pirate Cruise
= $3500 (would have been $4300 without b4g3; and would have had more $ for gifts if I hadn't needed 4 new tires two weeks before the trip)

2011 - Me, DH and DD
7 nights/8 days
ASMusic (Family Suite)
Deluxe DDP
8 day tickets w/PH
gas for the drive
BBB (Castle Package) & My Disney Girl Tea Party
= $6000 (estimate)

2013 - Me, DH, DS and DD
7 nights/8 days
Fort Wilderness (Cabins)
Deluxe DDP
8 day tickets w/PH
gas for the drive
MNSSHP tickets, BBB (Castle Package) & Pirate Makeover (Captain's Package X 2)
=$7000 (estimate)

It seems like a lot of money (just ask my mom :D), but since it is only once every few years, I can spend it without thinking twice and be very happy about my purchase.

Now that's Pre-Planning! 3 trips out over 4 years!:thumbsup: Do you use that Bounce back offer? I had never heard of it until just recently on this board!
:mickey:

DisneyBabies
05-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Do you use that Bounce back offer?

I wish we could use a bounceback offer, but you have to be going back pretty quickly to use those and we aren't going back for another 2 years.

We take each of our kids individually for their first trip to Disney on their 5th birthday, so we would have another trip in mind, but we aren't sure when or if we will get to have another child, so our 5th trip will depend on when that child's 5th birthday is. Does that make sense :confused:?

Mickey91
05-05-2009, 10:01 PM
It really depende on the cash flow, but will spend up to $4500 in a good year for a Deluxe MK Resort plus dining and Park Hopping. Have never gone without some kind of deal and cannot ever see us paying rack rates unless during value season free dining. And then, only if we figure it is a true savings.

EeyoresBestFriend
05-05-2009, 10:52 PM
OHMIGAWD ~

I would absolutely :eek: :jaw: and probably :sick: if I actually every crunched EVERY SINGLE number, I'm sure. I budget and have a guessitimate where we are at but I collect tickets and money over the year or so and it's generally paid for when we go ~ any leftover :funny: is in the kitty for next trip!
:cloud9:
Love the thread ~ fun one to read !

bord1niowa
05-05-2009, 10:54 PM
We camp at the Fort for 12-13 nights each time plus the 1300+ miles drive each way pulling the camper makes it relatively expensive but might be cheaper than other ways. Totally we spend maybe 3500-4500 depending on how many kids go with, adult and grandkids. We can make many meals in the camper or on the grill to save money. We allow plenty for souveneirs too. The nice thing is we're not limited to 4 in a room. You can have up to 10 on 1 site. Not all in our camper though.:D

jimsgal05
05-06-2009, 12:23 PM
we are going in Sept..$1973 that is plane and staying at Pop there are 3 of us for 7 nights 8 days and free food...now spending $$$ well I figure since I have been there alot I hope to only use $100 becuase we have disney rewards plus other cash rewards WAHOO>>>go me!!!

:shop::shop:

just remember to buget...lol:mickey:

forever a child
05-06-2009, 08:01 PM
:woohoo::yay::party2::high5:::mjump::goofy::dance: :minnie:

caryrae
05-07-2009, 11:42 AM
So far for the 2 of us going for 8 days 8 nights on property,

Airfare...$538.00
Resorts..$1543.06
Tickets.. Disney and Universal...$566.06
Rental Car...$216.96

Total so far...$2864.08

Really can't guess on what we will spend on food and souveniers. Plus other things we haven't decided on yet like doing the Universal HHN or MNSSHP or maybe going to Seaworld. So we will be in the $3000's for a total.

Man I could have paid off a few Credit cards instead but that would be dumb. :)

forever a child
05-08-2009, 10:27 AM
bump:yoda:

PixieMagic
05-10-2009, 10:19 PM
A normal trip we go for 6-7 nights and stay at Poly, tickets for everyday with water park fun and more option, and the regular dining plan...add in 150-200 per person on airfare, and breakfast/souvenir/tour $$ and we've hit 4-6k....YOWZA!!! :drama:

However this years trip is different and we just want to go to Disney! So, we (four adults) are staying at POP for 6nights/7 days with Free Dining:thumbsup:, 7 day park park hopper tickets, and airfare....our initial cost is about $3k before souvenirs, drinks, or tips....but still much cheaper than usual as the about is for only two adults vs. four! :thumbsup:

Mousemates
05-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Good poll by the way! :thumbsup:

:ditto:

forever a child
05-24-2009, 02:55 PM
bump:joy:

estein80
05-24-2009, 09:50 PM
l so we're getting APs for my sister and me (still not sure about mom). We're also doing a backstage tour and will have to rent two ECVs for the trip. The total is going to be around $8500, depending on souveniers. I'm trying not to think about it! My sister and I are splitting the cost so that will help. Now we just have to keep mom from finding out the total and hope for a great discount to come along! :mickey:

You may want to try to get your AP's ahead of time and take advantage of any discount you can get for the hotel. Even if you have already booked, when you have a pass they will change the rate for you. At least I know they will if you have an AP and book before they announce the discount.

You can also get a discount on the Backstage Tour.

Have a great time!

forever a child
03-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Old poll of mine that I thought was still very interested to check out!

Gregandmel
03-28-2010, 08:52 AM
I just saw this poll and even though it's almost 1 year old....still interesting to see what people spend. Our first trip Oct 2008 (which was supposed to be our "once in a lifetime trip with the kids") cost us about $6500. We stayed 7 nights at WL (courtyard view) as well as had tickets to MNSSHP. After coming home and having one of the bes trips EVER, we are now planning on returning end of April 2010. This time however, we are staying at POFQ and there isn't any special "hard ticket" event we'll be going to. I think this trip will be about $4500 once you factor in everything. Still expensive though!!! We are just figuring that when we want to return.....our "base" budget will be about $5000. Unfortunately, with a kid in college - we realized that these two trips could've paid for a year in school for him! LOL

pink
03-29-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm just a college student so the most I will spend it 1,000 each person and we only go during the value times. :mickey: