PDA

View Full Version : park time/resort time

Live4WDW
05-03-2009, 12:54 PM
:mickey: Hey all. DW and I have been to all 4 parks, a few rides here and there that we have yet to experience, need to see Epcot, we still want to spend some quality time in the parks, soak up the magic and fun, but I know it (the fun, and magic) is not just limited to the parks but the resort hotels also. This being the first overnight resort stay in WDW (6/7) we are whacked on what all to do, (mostly me). DW says to quit :beat: and come up with a plan. Would like to do a liottle sailing, horse back riding, swimming, and not just spend all the time in the parks, also don't want to spend too much time away from them either. Any help for this Disney Magic Overdose. Thanks for any and all suggestions. I am always like this when it comes to WDW, but this is our 1st time in WDW Resort Hotel.:mickey:

forever a child
05-03-2009, 01:15 PM
DD and I spend most of our time in Parks, that's just us! But if you plan to spend more time in Hotel doing some of the things they offer then you could save a little $ by reducing # of days for park tickets and then apply that savings to boat rents,:boat::diver: horseback riding, golf:golf::tennis::swim: or whatever it is you like.

I think it is just a matter of preference. I could see wanting to relax and hang out at the hotels or DtD or where ever and doing something different than the parks...I just like to be a kid again and run around like crazy :walk:at all the park activities myself, plus DD is almost 15 so of course she's probably more interested in experiencing some of the more mature rides than when we first started going together at age 11!

Have fun deciding, the problem is only that you have TOO many choices:thumbsup:

:wave:

mouseketeer mom
05-04-2009, 06:47 AM
We are a family that has as much fun OUT of the parks as we do in the parks..here are some of the things we do to balance things out.
Water mice.-We love them, rent them at least twice each trip to scoot around the lagoon.
Pontoon boat-Another fun rental
Fireworks cruise-pricy, but a fun alternative
La Nouba-A must do at least once
Trail rides- So much fun..a 45 min ride out of the stables at Fort Wilderness
Tours-My familys fave is the Aqua Seas Tour at Epcot
Mini Golf
Exploring all the resorts and shopping
House of Blues Gospel Brunch
Parasailing out of the Contemporary resort water sports area
Characters in Flight balloon ride-we haven't done this yet, but are excited to try it.
Dinner shows-the Luau and Hoop de doo
Swimming at the resort
Trying a "kitchen sink" at Beaches and Cream
The afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian..
Just some of our ideas..
Have fun!

disneyboundagain
05-04-2009, 07:17 AM
Double the length of your stay and do it all.:thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-04-2009, 07:17 AM
We also love spending time at our resort as much as at the parks. We don't even need a full schedule of alternate activities. We enjoy shopping around our resort and spending time at the beach and pool, just relaxing. Also, enjoying some spa services, a nice way to unwind. You can definitely work it out to have plenty of time at the parks and still enjoy time at your resort.

In planning it out, I like to think of our time not as full days but as mornings-afternoons-evenings. I think about how much time I'll need or want at each park, how much time I'll need or want at the resort or involved in non-park activities, which restaurants I'll want to try, which days are better for which park, then balance it all out in a schedule. It doesn't need to be set in stone as long as you have a good idea of how to balance your time, and when to make ADRs. A lot of restaurants will require you to plan out and make reservations 90 days in advance or you risk not getting in. Happy planning!

Live4WDW
05-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Well, gee thanks everybody. Good stuff from all who responded. Lots of great ideas. Everyday I learn, a little more and tweak a little here and there. Funny thing is I will probably still be tweaking after the trip at home going for the next one. Is'nt it faboo!:party: