PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Evening EMH

jrpersinger
05-03-2009, 10:11 AM
How are they? I never hear anyone talk about them. Do they tend to stay crowded or do they empty out fairly fast? If park hours hold true to the last few years, our first night would be a AK PM EMH and we were going to try going there AFTER 3pm, maybe 4pm. With the goal of riding EE, ITTBAB, KS, KRR, Dinosaur. And seeing FOTLK and maybe Nemo. We always do early hours there and are usually out of the park BEFORE 3pm. So, I have no idea what to expect in the evening there.

Possible? Thoughts?

DANAM
05-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Love EMH in AK. We did the same thing on our last trip but we arrived around 5pm. The park was openned until I believe 9pm that night. The crowds were very thin at this point. I think alot of people leave after the parade which is normally for 4pm. If you get there for 4pm I would grab a FP (if anything is still available) for one of the rides and go sraight to Nemo to hopefully catch the last show. If not, do KS I don't think it will still be running when you get out of Nemo. Save Dino, EE and Bug for EMH I don't think you will have a problem doing those 3 then.

artyboy
05-03-2009, 12:22 PM
We love EMH at AK, too!

It always seems to close at 5 when we're there...and I really wanted to see it after dark. So last time we went we gave it a try.

Do take the time to just wander around and soak up the atmosphere...it's really cool at night!

dream6
05-03-2009, 04:11 PM
We did this for the first time during our last trip and it was a lot of fun. We rode Everest countless times and the park is really pretty at night. There was hardly anyone there - maybe because they thought it's not worth doing PM EMH there but we had a blast. And it was really neat to be able to walk almost the length of the park and see only a handful of people.

lilmick
05-03-2009, 04:20 PM
We are going to try EMH at AK when we are there this July and we're really looking forward to it! We are late-risers and LOVE to stay at the parks as long as possible so this will be great since we didn't do it the last time we were at WDW. Glad to hear it's not too busy! :thumbsup:

Nut4DW
05-03-2009, 04:54 PM
We did EMH at AK the first day of our trip last December - it was really great. We were able to see Nemo and ride several rides. We rode EE three times in a row and came back later and rode it four times one right after the other until it closed down. It was so much fun to ride EE after dark. Have fun!

WDWdriver
05-03-2009, 05:54 PM
EMH at AK is great, but there is one thing you should know for your planning. All attractions involving live animals are closed at sunset. So Kilimanjaro Safaris, Pangani Forest Trail and Maharajah Jungle Trek will not be open after dark. See them first when you arrive in the afternoon.

Aggie97
05-03-2009, 06:05 PM
We really enjoy evening EMH at AK. We always have been able to ride Everest repeatedly with little to no wait. And the park is beautiful at night!

However, we have found KS, FotLK, and Nemo to be closed during EMH. It would have been feasible to do only one of these three attractions between 4 and 5:00. Perhaps the schedules vary based on the time of year, though.... :mickey:

jrpersinger
05-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Awesome! We are still not sure if we will for certain do this because it would mess with our traditional first day at MK. But its fantasic to hear the good reviews for the EMH there!

LarryBoy
05-04-2009, 12:53 PM
We are going to try it this July for the first time. We are going to eat an early dinner at Boma and then head over to AK for a while.

CaptSmee
05-04-2009, 05:20 PM
We were going to try it last week, but the park was so empty that we still visited everything we wanted to by 5 (regular closing time). That was after doing the Backstage Safari in the morning.

BluewaterBrad
05-04-2009, 05:34 PM
AK at night sounds real cool. Have a great time!:mickey:

Alligirl
05-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Are the animals still out at night or are you just looking at the bigger rides?

joelkfla
05-04-2009, 05:54 PM
There is a performance of FOTLK during evening EMH -- generally one hour after park closing time. If you want to see Nemo and Flights of Wonder, you'll have to do that during regular hours.

For 5 p.m. closings, the last show of FOW is usually at 3 p.m., and Nemo is usually at 4:45.

As has been said prior, KS and the 2 animal trails usually close at park closing.

Giggy
05-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Are the animals still out at night or are you just looking at the bigger rides?

I think the animals are still taken in at the regular time. They have to do this as the animals are used to the routine and any change to this means they get stressed. I have never done EMH but from what I gather you would just have the rides which don't rely on the animals.

c&d
05-05-2009, 10:07 AM
We did them 2 weeks ago when we were down and loved it. We did one of the last safari rides and then headed over to the other rides. DS went on EE about 4 times in a row. Countdown was also a walk on.

Our last ride was EE and as we were leaving they had shut off the portion of the park where the live animals are. CM's were directing you over the bridge shortly after Kali Rapids.

LarryBoy
05-05-2009, 10:48 AM
When is the last safari ride during the summer?