PDA

View Full Version : No quick service at Kidani?

wjrhw
05-02-2009, 11:41 AM
I just heard from someone who previewed the the new Kidani Village that there is no quick service location to get a bite to eat.

Can anyone confirm this?

I find it hard to believe and we specifically addressed this with our guide before we bought into Kidani. I never liked the setup of the quick service at the Animal Kingdom lodge and she assured me that they will have a new quick service location at the Kidani.

Hopefully I'm just jumping to conclusions.

Thanks

seanyred
05-02-2009, 01:14 PM
I also purchased at Kidani and as far as I could tell there is no quick service restaurant. Just the table service restaurant and the beverage counter by the pool. However, I won't be there till November so it would be nice to hear from someone who is staying this week.

DVC Mike
05-02-2009, 01:35 PM
The Maji Pool Bar has a menu of pre-made sandwiches and salads.

There is also room service.

rsumrall
05-02-2009, 11:20 PM
As of now, you can get either a turkey sandwich or a chicken ceasar salad at the pool. There is also a place there where you can order "room service" that they will deliver pool side. PM me for a link to more info.

wjrhw
05-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Very disappointing. We always enjoy a quick lunch and swimming at our resort. At least I will have my car and can drive to Publix to stock the fridge. Maybe I can even drive to the main building, but that's very unlikely. It will save me money in the end.

Thanks everyone for the info.

Olivia's Daddy
05-07-2009, 01:42 PM
From what I understand, just hop any park bus at Kidani and the next stop is Jambo House. That should make it pretty easy to get to the Mara quick service over there without driving. Although Mara isn't very large, and if guests from both resorts head there for a meal, there could be issues.

Tinkerfreak
05-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Wow that might make Mara much more crowded.

Horizon93
05-10-2009, 01:39 PM
A turkey sandwich sounds good to me. I have to believe that the menu at the Maji pool bar will have to expand. I think there are also some snacks in the store along with a refillable mug station.

And you can also get to Mara by walking over to Jambo. I hear that it is only a 7-10 minute walk.

playdead88
05-10-2009, 03:05 PM
yeah i read somewhere that if you hop a bus headed to DTD it will take you between akl and kidani - and i also read in the same place that there is no quick service at kidani other than the pool bar - i think the only time this will really be a pain is in the a.m when we like to grab something quick and get to the parks

12 days to go!!! :mickey:

wjrhw
05-11-2009, 10:58 AM
The last time I stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, the bus to Downtown Disney had the largest gap of time between buses. Also, the Mara always seemed very slow as there is one line no matter what you want to order.

Both Jambo House and Kidani are large resorts and traveling between the two to get a quick bite to eat could easily consume our entire afternoon break.

DW and DD would not eat anything from the pool bar (picky eaters), so our only alternative is to eat at the parks or hit the grocery store.

Luckily, we will have our own car and I'm interested to see how much money we save.

wjrhw
05-11-2009, 11:00 AM
yeah i read somewhere that if you hop a bus headed to DTD it will take you between akl and kidani - and i also read in the same place that there is no quick service at kidani other than the pool bar - i think the only time this will really be a pain is in the a.m when we like to grab something quick and get to the parks

12 days to go!!! :mickey:

I would love to hear from someone upon their return from staying at Kidani.

peemagg
05-22-2009, 03:04 AM
I just returned last night and the lack of dining and the poor options of either food or merchandise at Kidani are our biggest complaints about the resort.

Because of lack of dining there and the poor bus service out of Animal Kingdom we lost one of our counter service meals on the dining plan. Now don't think that it was because we didn't allow enough time for both because that was not the case at all. In fact we were in line for the bus back to the resort by 2:45p.m.. We did not get on the bus back to the resort until 3:45p.m.. By that time we needed to be getting our stuff from bell services and getting ready to catch the ME bus for home. If the buses had ran like they are supposed to that should have been plenty of time for everything, so not only did we lose that counter service, but we now had to eat at the overpriced airport and pay again. This didn't make us happy campers as you can imagine. :mad:

They need to expand the resort shop selections and size and they need to add better dining.

Checkers
05-22-2009, 09:09 AM
:mickey:This was my concern as well. When we go next year with family we had thought of staying that first night at Kidani in a studio just to see if we might like to make an extended stay later. We would just like to enjoy the resort that first day before transferring but with so few options for dining and traveling with 3 children, it just might not work for us. It is disappointing. I hope that a quick service restaurant is planned for the near future.

luvDaMouse
05-23-2009, 10:23 PM
I just returned from a stay at Kidani also, my biggest complaint is the lack of a counter serve rest too. We stayed in a studio and had a toaster and microwave. The store had some items. We were only there 3 nights and it was just my husband and myself so we grabbed poptarts and milk for coffee/tea. Our next trip down will be in a 2 bedroom with 5 of us. We will more than likely order from Garden grocer and cook breakfast and have snacks in the room. Any park bus will get you to Jambo and the DTD bus will get you back to Kidani. We only did this once and ate at Mara. I think if we ate at the resort each day in the am it would be a pain and alot tougher with little children.

peemagg
05-28-2009, 11:15 PM
I did talk with someone from DVC about this today. I told them that this is the biggest complaint out on the web about Kidani. Maybe they will take this to heart and do something about it. Her original comment was that there is the place by the pool. I told her that is fine for lunch or a snack, but not for breakfast and not when it is raining. Who wants to traipse through the rain to get a sandwich that will probably be water logged by the time you get it to a place where you can eat it. This is exactly what I told the lady and her comment was "Oh, I see what you mean, I will tell the people who need to know this". I also told her that it would be worse with kids in tow. She said that she understood and thanked me for the suggestion.

I think we all need to e-mail member services about this. If we did maybe we will get what we want. Personally, if they can't find space in the North wing for one then my opinion is to turn Sanna into a counter service. I mean does AKL really need 3 table service restaurants.

luvDaMouse
05-29-2009, 07:34 PM
"I think we all need to e-mail member services about this. If we did maybe we will get what we want. Personally, if they can't find space in the North wing for one then my opinion is to turn Sanna into a counter service. I mean does AKL really need 3 table service restaurants."

:thumbsup: that sounds like a great idea! I dont mind going to the Jambo to get to a TS rest. but I would love to have a counter service in Kidani. I did express this in my survey that I got when I got back from my stay there.

seanyred
05-30-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm wondering if the brass for DVC were thinking that since most everyone has kitchen there would be no need for counter services, especially since the main lodge has one. We are not going till November so I do not have a strong opinion about this yet. But I am also staying in a studio so that might change. Besides I'm mostly a cereal guy anyway and if I want a good breakfast I'll get up early and head to Kona Cafe for some Tonga Toast or Macadamia Nut Pancakes...yum

disneyyoung
06-05-2009, 03:55 PM
I was wondering where can you refill your mugs at kidani because we are only doing the quick service.

peemagg
06-05-2009, 09:59 PM
You can do that in the gift shop. They have a little spot over in a corner, and I do mean little. It would only be about 3 foot long at the most.