PDA

View Full Version : Getting From MK to GF?

Pally
05-02-2009, 11:08 AM
We will be going to 1900 Park Fare for a TS. I was wondering if is best to travel the monorail or boat back to GF? How long would either be?:mickey:

SBETigg
05-02-2009, 11:43 AM
It used to be that I would say to boat back. From the MK, the first stop for the boat launch is the GF. But, having just gotten back, I am sad to report that they have changed the boat launch and it's not as convenient. It seems they have cut back on the fleet, so there are fewer boats. And, they have changed the boat launch so that you line up where people line up for boats from the WL and Contemporary as well. The GF and Poly used to have their own boat launch queue area off to the side. So now there's more of a wait for boats to take turns to access the dock. By the time the boat came, there were too many to fit on board and a group had to wait for a second boat.

My past easy answer (take the boat) has changed and now it's probably just as quick and easy or maybe quicker to take the monorail- which first stops at the Contemporary, TTC, then Poly. It's probably only 10-20 minutes for either option, but give yourself a half hour in case. If there's a hold-up for boat or monorail, you could end up taking longer than expected. If not, you have to time to look around the shops or check in early.

JPL
05-02-2009, 11:52 AM
I would go Monorail all the way especially since it has a greater capacity and runs more frequently.

andypooh
05-02-2009, 01:14 PM
monorail for me
i always enjoy the monorail.....it feels "disney" to me

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
05-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Going from MK TO GF, I'd definitely go with the monorail. Then, just to mix things up, I'd try the boat from the FG BACK TO the MK. What a great way to cap off a great time at 1900 Park Fare than a leisurely stroll around the GF grounds followed by a boat ride at your own pace leaving from the GF! Cool, huh?

Pally
05-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the advice. Am I right to think that the monorail stops at Contemporary, TTC, Poly and last at GF. This will be the first time that we are using Disney Transporation as our main form of transportation. A little overwhelming but I am coming around. :mickey:

artyboy
05-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the advice. Am I right to think that the monorail stops at Contemporary, TTC, Poly and last at GF. This will be the first time that we are using Disney Transporation as our main form of transportation. A little overwhelming but I am coming around. :mickey:

You are correct...but don't worry. It really is a breeze getting around. Just always block in a few minutes grace time.

I agree about the boat launch change really affected how we got around this past trip, so I second the Monorail over to GF and boat back!

dmosher
05-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Disney Transportation. Despite the occasional issues and the apparent cut backs, Disney is dedicated to bringing you the finest in transportation services. We hope you will enjoy your ride and let us know if you need any assistance.

No seriously, I have never had a any real issues with Disney regarding their transportation. DW and I use it exclusivly on every trip and have had very very few complaints. Take the monorail, its a great ride with amazing views and much fast than a boat or a bus to anywhere.
:pipes:
D

SBETigg
05-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Going from MK TO GF, I'd definitely go with the monorail. Then, just to mix things up, I'd try the boat from the FG BACK TO the MK. What a great way to cap off a great time at 1900 Park Fare than a leisurely stroll around the GF grounds followed by a boat ride at your own pace leaving from the GF! Cool, huh?

Yes, but keep in mind that the boat stops at the Polynesian before heading back to the MK in this case. It's still a nice ride, but if you're looking for a fast ride back to the MK, the monorail is definitely the way to go. The MK is the first stop from the GF.