PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Packages

Donald's Girl
05-02-2009, 11:07 AM
We're heading down to WDW next week and my husband posed a question I couldn't answer so hoped someone here can help me out.
We're staying at the Poly and know that stores will send packages back to your resort and that the stores will ship packages home for you. But, what he's wondering is if we had all packages (since we shop at many, many stores!) sent back to the Poly, could they be shipped home from there, thereby eliminating the cost of shipping from each location.
I know this sounds confusing but hoping someone out there understands and can answer for my hubby!
Thanks!

EllieMae
05-02-2009, 11:58 AM
I know that at the Beach Club last year my MIL was able to ship a big box with her purchases home so she would not have to take them on the plane. They have a fedex pickup and boxed them for her and everything. I would imagine they can do that at the Poly too.

Wishmaker
05-02-2009, 03:10 PM
I think I may do the same this year. :thumbsup: No sense on being stuck with even heavier luggage on the way home when you are worn smooth out from having so much fun.
Nothing worse than a stressful exhausting trip home to ruin all the magic you just had. :mickey:

dmosher
05-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Yes you can. Here is the deal though. You must (for the most part) have it ready to ship and then bring it down to guest services. box it all up, wrap it and then take it down. This is a service that (at least at the deluxe resorts) they do. I have done this before and it worked out just fine.
:pipes:
D

TheRustyScupper
05-03-2009, 08:30 AM
1) It is cheaper to send form the hotel.
2) The stores add a HUGE markup for shipping.
3) Shipping is now a profit center for stores.
4) At the resort
. . . get a used box from the gift shop
. . . place your goods into the box
. . . fill out shipping form (from Concierge)
. . . take to Front Desk or Concierge Desk
. . . they will seal and send out
. . . charges will be applied to your room
. . . there is no markup of premium for shipping

NOTE: If you claim more than $100 value for shipping insurance, you must itemize on the shipping form. If claiming under $100, not itemization is needed.