PDA

View Full Version : fantasmic dinner package

rain
05-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Anybody tried it lately. Last I heard it was a mess since they cut back the number of showings. They talk like you enter through the same entrance as everyone else and it is a madhouse with people trying to get into the reserved section by jumping the rope. I wonder if there is a real advantage anymore. I call tomorrow to set up ADRs.

sacandjac
05-02-2009, 12:07 AM
We were there at the end of January and booked the Fantasmic Dinner Package(at the Hollywood Brown Derby, which we always do-it was total chaos. The CM at the reserved entrance actually looked at me and said hope you can find a seat, everyone is jumping the ropes. People were jumping over the ropes and we had to fight for a place to sit in the reserved section. There were no seats anywhere. We split up and my handicapped brother had to sit a good ways away from us. It really ruined what has always been a very good experience. It will be a long time before I book this package, or attempt to see Fantasmic again, unless something changes.
Not a huge deal, we've seen many times.

julie0282
05-02-2009, 12:13 AM
oh wow im so upset i hope it has changed or will change its not fair that we booked the fantasmic package for a reason. i wanted to book this since i never seen it before :confused: now i dont noe if its worth it ??

merlinmagic4
05-02-2009, 07:41 AM
We just did it on 4/23. Your server will tell you to be there at 7:30 for an 8:30 show. Be there a half hour before that! When we walked to the entrance at 7:30, the CM was telling everyone it was standing room only! We hurried up there and the reserved section still had a lot of room so we found a spot for 18 easily. However, within minutes, the whole section was packed! They seemed to have good control when we were walking in but it was very, very busy! I'm glad we got there when we did.

PETE FROM NYC
05-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Our last trip 3/07 we had the package w/ H&V.When we tried to get to Fantasmic we were told it was full up.
Had to wait for the next show.

dmosher
05-02-2009, 05:22 PM
I am guessing the lack of control is from the cut backs. But who knows. I know line/rope jumpers have always been a problem during these kind of shows and some people are so rude. Apparently the rules do not apply to everyone, no matter how much extra $$ you spend. That's sad. It is because people do this that so many really cool "extras" get cancelled. People stop paying (why bother) because they are missing out on the extra they paid for and then the "extras" lose out on $$ and are cancelled.
The rules apply to everyone, for those out there that choose to "cheat" the system, please STOP. You are ruining it for the rest of us HONEST people out here!
:pipes:
D

Giselle
05-05-2009, 03:58 PM
That is too bad. I really enjoyed the show. I wonder why they cut back. It was always full when we went.

Nini5055
05-05-2009, 04:49 PM
That is too bad really. I have never seen the show due to my dd7's sensitivity to noise. Fireworks totally freaked her out until last year. She still gets nervous, so I have always just skipped this show...it just isn't worth making her a nervous wreck to see a show. :(

However, I hear it is great and it is really too bad that some people are breaking the rules like that. Hopefully, WDW will get a handle on it soon.

PixieMagic
05-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Wow! I was looking at convincing my family to do our first fantasmic package, but after this I am thinking NO WAY! THANK YOU!!!

DANAM
05-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Wow! I was looking at convincing my family to do our first fantasmic package, but after this I am thinking NO WAY! THANK YOU!!!

We normally do the package because with 2 little one 7 and 4 it's had to sit and wait for 1 hour. And my poor DD7 has ADHD so at this time of the night her meds have worn off and sitting for to long get interesting. I hope things change before our trip in December.

merlinmagic4
05-05-2009, 09:27 PM
That is too bad really. I have never seen the show due to my dd7's sensitivity to noise. Fireworks totally freaked her out until last year. She still gets nervous, so I have always just skipped this show...it just isn't worth making her a nervous wreck to see a show. :(

However, I hear it is great and it is really too bad that some people are breaking the rules like that. Hopefully, WDW will get a handle on it soon.

Yeah, make sure you think your children can probably handle it. We did the dinner package and I ended up having to leave the show with my 3 year old. It was way too intense and we were right up front!