PDA

View Full Version : Luggage Tags from ME

Hull-onian
05-01-2009, 03:27 PM
We never received the luggage tags from ME. So I guess we must get our own luggage off the belt and take it with us. This is the second time it has happened. At least we will have all our luggage with us upon check-in, so that is the good side of it.:thumbsup:

marylynne95
05-01-2009, 04:21 PM
You can also give ME your baggage claim tickets and they will get your luggage. I did this in February and had no problems. I HATE getting my own luggage. ME has spoilled me :D

spoiledraf
05-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Our group with three different rservations, all got our yesterday. Hope the rest of our trip goes as smoothly as all has gone so far. :thumbsup:

Nanners
05-01-2009, 10:51 PM
:mickey: My son came running in with the mail with a big grin on his face.. "Look mom! Our tickets are here!". :mickey:

Getting our luggage tags makes the trip seem so much more real! We are getting down to the wire and the excitement is building!!!

MOJoe
05-02-2009, 09:32 AM
We got ours Friday as well. Only this time there were only 1 per person. We used to have extras, but not this time. In any case, it sure was nice to get that "flying Mickey" packet in the mail! :mickey:

Only 34 more days! Not that i'm counting. ;)

Magic Smiles
05-02-2009, 10:52 PM
We got ours Friday as well. Only this time there were only 1 per person. We used to have extras, but not this time. In any case, it sure was nice to get that "flying Mickey" packet in the mail! :mickey:

Only 34 more days! Not that i'm counting. ;)
Didn't they use to ask you how many per person you needed?

BMan62
05-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Didn't they use to ask you how many per person you needed?

Since most airlines (with the exception of Southwest) allow for, at most, one bag per person free of charge, DME decided to save some money and only send one yellow tag per person.

akaDisneyDreamer
05-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Hull-onian, when are you leaving? They had told me if I didn't have them within 2 weeks before I go to call them about it. I, however, received mine about 6 weeks in advance. Got my other stuff a week later (keepsake luggage tags and coupons), so we are all set to go ... in just 19 days! Yay Disney!:mickey:

spoiledraf
05-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Since most airlines (with the exception of Southwest) allow for, at most, one bag per person free of charge, DME decided to save some money and only send one yellow tag per person.

Hmmmm...

Then why did I get two per person?

akaDisneyDreamer
05-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Good question, because I only got one per person as well ...

BMan62
05-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Hmmmm...

For what trip did you get 2 per person? You shouldn't have gotten your tags for your June trip yet and your 2007 trip was before they changed policy.

For our trip in January, we got one per person.

Nanners
05-03-2009, 06:46 PM
I am flying out on SW in 35 days and I rec'd 2 tags per person. :thumbsup:

Wishmaker
05-06-2009, 02:40 PM
We never received the luggage tags from ME. So I guess we must get our own luggage off the belt and take it with us. This is the second time it has happened. At least we will have all our luggage with us upon check-in, so that is the good side of it.:thumbsup:

Not sure when you are leaving, if not all ready, but I had my agent call twice and I just recieved them yesterday. I leave Saturday. :D

sainter
05-07-2009, 02:06 PM
We went in March (2009) with a party of 5. some of us got one yellow tag and some of us got 2!

thumperbug
05-07-2009, 07:52 PM
As of March 30, 2009 DME will now only send 1 tag per person in the traveling party as most folks check 1 bag each. You can request additional tags. You can also have DME take your bags from you flight even if you do not have tags. As long as you have a DME ressie and give them your baggage claim tickets you are good to go.

I have had several occasions of not getting tags due to last minute planning and had no problem with DME. I even took a picture of my luggage from the counter agent but she didn't need it. My bags arrived in my room just as if they had the tags.

spoiledraf
05-07-2009, 11:14 PM
For what trip did you get 2 per person? You shouldn't have gotten your tags for your June trip yet and your 2007 trip was before they changed policy.

For our trip in January, we got one per person.

This is our first time using ME. We got our tags a week ago today. My kids and their families are going as well and we all got them the same day and all got two per person. Does it have anything to do with which resort you stay at?

mickeys_princess_mom
05-08-2009, 07:24 AM
Hmmmm...

We got ours day before yesterday and are leaving two weeks from today. Got two each as well. Only hitch--they say POR (we're staying there the last two days) instead of CBR (first eight). Hope we can get it straightened out...