PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide on QS Plan

wilcat
05-01-2009, 09:52 AM
I will be solo for my upcoming trip and was thinking of doing the Quick Service Dining plan. That would be two meals plus two snacks a day with a free refillable mug for my resort. Do you think the $29.99 per day is worth the price? I don't know how much the QS meals run per person and was wondering if someone who has been there recently can give me an average cost of those meals. Thanks for any info you have.

PetefromRI
05-01-2009, 11:12 AM
We've been on the regular meal plan a few times and I can tell you that you get alot of food with the CS meals.We averaged anywhere from 10.00-20.00 per CS meal and even better if you get the steak at the Coronado Springs food court.Cosmic Rays has a rib/chicken combo that feeds 2 unless your starving.We enjoy the CS meals so much that we have decided on the QSDP also.We'll be there tomorrow so I'll report when we return but I know it's a good deal for us.Plus the 2 snacks and free refillable mug,it should work out fine.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-01-2009, 11:25 AM
When we were there in December...the CS meals started around $7.00 and that is for burger and fries....like the previous poster said they can go up to $20 depending on where you eat....

Tinkerfreak
05-01-2009, 03:22 PM
I really think it depends on what you eat. If you tend to eat some of the more expensive things and usually order dessert it is probably worth it. If you tend to order things that are cheaper and don't get dessert and usually don't buy 2 snacks a day it probaby won't be worth it. I think if you looked at the menus for some of the places you might eat and get an idea of what you would order and how much it is I think it would give you a better idea.

dancin Disney style
05-02-2009, 03:56 PM
As stated there are CS meals that can cost up to $20 but that's not the norm. I would say that the average is more in the $8 area. If you are adding in a dessert then you would be around $11. The snack credits that are included are valued at a max of $4 each. Plus taxes.

So if you figure that the QSDP gives you 2 combo meals per day (entre + dessert +drink) at an approx value of $25 plus the snacks at $8. Then they throw in the mug, if you buy one it's $13. So it sounds like a good deal if you plan to eat that much every day.

The best thing to do is look at the menus and get an idea of where and what you would eat. then you can better judge if it's a value for you.

dmosher
05-02-2009, 04:49 PM
I have to agree, it all depends on HOW MUCH you eat. I can eat a lot, but I don't tend to eat much CS because it usually means I am kind of "on the run" in the parks. Also, I tend to eat many smaller meals anyway, so the deal would not be a good one for me. However, if you tend to eat larger meals, less often, it may very well be perfect for you.
:pipes:
D