PDA

View Full Version : April 17-27th trip from Hell

Tinkgirl28
05-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Hey everyone i just got back from my trip in Walt Disney World on my monday the 27th and i would have to say Im not going back to Walt Disney World in April anymore. Its way to Crowded, Rude People, and way to many grad nights and cheerleader compitions. I went to enjoy my anniversary with my hubby and some days were great spending it with him but other days were hell. From day one i was pushed, stepped on and shoved. And it Didn't stop till we left on our last day. Oh and when we went to the typhoon lagoon we saved 2 lounge chairs for my hubby and i in the shade and when i came back some really rude people had moved our stuff on to one lounge chair and i told them that we were there first and they said well how much room do you need. Anyway all in all it was not the best anniversary trip. :thedolls:

SBETigg
05-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Wow, I was there with my husband from the 19-24 and I had an amazing time. We can't wait to go back. It was relaxing, not very crowded, and so much easier to navigate through crowds with just the two of us vs when there are four of us if we bring our kids. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Maybe we just had a good plan and managed to avoid the more crowded parks. There were a lot of high school groups, but they amused us more than they bothered us. Feeling as you do, I would recommend trying a relaxing beach vacation next time perhaps.

baby minnie's mommy
05-01-2009, 10:23 AM
We went once on a Sunday before Memorial Day, and once during spring break, to MK and left after a couple hours it was so crowded! The first time we had APs, but the latest time we actually gave up a day on our 3-day pass we were so annoyed. Normally I'd just grin and bear it, but DH had definitely had enough. We didn't have park hoppers, either.

I personally think the guest limit at MK is too high. It's hard to enjoy the park when it's so crowded you can't see it...:(

Now I've learned my lesson, and will plan vacations for different dates!

c&d
05-01-2009, 10:55 AM
We were just down from the 17-26th and I was also very pleasantly surprised. I was expecting the crowds to be much worse then they were.

We do have the great ability to book when there is a cheerleading competition. We were down in January and it was the college cheerleaders then. As SBETigg said, we do find them fun to watch.

I wish you a better anniversary celebration next year.

cer
05-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Sorry your trip was less than magical...:(

merlinmagic4
05-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Sorry you didn't have a good trip :( We were there from the 18th to the 25th and we only thought the crowds were tough on one day: Thursday at DHS. Other than that, we got around pretty well!!

RedSoxFan
05-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Sorry to hear you did not have a great time.

faline
05-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Sorry your trip didn't contain the magic you were looking for!

Ropachs
05-01-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, the crowds can certainly make things less than magical. I hope your next vacation is a much better one!

cheeky monkey
05-01-2009, 02:02 PM
We were there the week before Easter and I have to agree the crowds were unbeliveable. We had fun anyway and met lots of nice people-who were as blown away by the crowds as we were :mickey:

We will not go back around easter in the future but we still had a lovely time.

Hull-onian
05-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Sorry about your trip!! We went during Easter one year, never again.

BluewaterBrad
05-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Sorry you had a bad time. There would have been a real problem if those were my chairs!!:mickey:

pdrlkr
05-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Sorry about your trip. :(

maxrebo77
05-08-2009, 10:57 AM
No one should Ever get to touch your things and move them. I have traveled to WDW when goups were there and sometimes their manners are terrible. I actually had a kid one time sit at my table at Cal Grill and start picking at my food.