PDA

View Full Version : Julie & Julia (Premiers Aug 7)

NotaGeek
05-01-2009, 02:42 AM
OMG. Meryl Streep and Amy Adams are gonna have a hit people! Check out the Official Site (http://www.julieandjulia.com/) and the Yahoo! Site (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810006886/info)! This is gonna be a great movie!

Mickey'sGirl
05-01-2009, 08:22 AM
...can't wait, can't wait, Michael! It looks terrific. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-01-2009, 09:29 AM
It does look good, and it's a great story. Looking forward to it.

MNNHFLTX
05-01-2009, 09:52 AM
I agree, it looks like a fun film. Meryl Streep and Amy Adams must have liked working together on Doubt. :)

RedSoxFan
05-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Oh --- This looks really good and funny. I can't wait to see it.:)

TheDuckRocks
05-01-2009, 10:04 AM
I can't wait!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they include the time Julia took the sword to the chicken (dead) on her PBS show.

threeh
05-12-2009, 02:52 PM
The book was good. The movie should be good as well. :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
08-07-2009, 06:34 PM
So excited ... this will be my $5 weekend movie ... by myself evidently. I need some girlfriends in this city!

RedSoxFan
08-07-2009, 07:19 PM
I wanted to see this movie this afternoon; but DD12 wanted to play soccer with her friends. And next week she soccer camp. So maybe the week after that we'll get to see it. It looks like a great movie.

pink
08-08-2009, 11:41 AM
I saw this movie last night with my mom and grandmother, we all enjoyed it. It gave us a few good laughs and was overall entertaining. My grandma commented that they wishes they showed more of Julia's TV show, they only had about two clips in the whole movie. I don't think I would recommend it to any men I know unless they're interested in cooking because out of the 5 people in my showing, the only guy there fell asleep every 15 minutes and only woke up to drool over the food haha.

I would definitley watch this again. Overall a feel good movie. :mickey:

threeh
08-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Pink, the reviews I read said the same thing, they all wanted more Julia!!
I can't wait to see this and the time traveler's wife!!

NotaGeek
08-08-2009, 04:25 PM
I just got back from the movie an I absolutely loved it! I can honestly see Meryl getting an Oscar nod for her Julia! People clapped at the end, it was that good! :chef:

MNNHFLTX
08-09-2009, 10:51 AM
I really do think I have to see this movie; I've been very intrigued by what I've read about it and the clips I've seen. One curious thing I've noted--all the reviewers love Meryl Streep's personification of Julia Childs, but didn't care for the "Julie" (Amy Adams) character. They all said that the movie portrays her as being petulant and whining and that you just can't wait to get back to the scenes with Julia Childs (Meryl Streep) in them.

I'm not saying this is a reflection of Amy Adams (I think she is a phenomonal actress), but I was wondering if those who have seen it felt the same way?

DisneyOtaku
08-09-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm hoping to catch it this week--it looks great!

NotaGeek
08-09-2009, 02:12 PM
I really do think I have to see this movie; I've been very intrigued by what I've read about it and the clips I've seen. One curious thing I've noted--all the reviewers love Meryl Streep's personification of Julia Childs, but didn't care for the "Julie" (Amy Adams) character. They all said that the movie portrays her as being petulant and whining and that you just can't wait to get back to the scenes with Julia Childs (Meryl Streep) in them.

I'm not saying this is a reflection of Amy Adams (I think she is a phenomonal actress), but I was wondering if those who have seen it felt the same way?
I think that was kind of the point Beth --Julie was self centered and annoying and the story was about her evolution and what she learns from Julia. I didn't find her annoying at all, but her voice is honestly a bit on the whiny side, I mean, its the same voice she has in Enchanted. :mickey:

MinnieMommie
08-09-2009, 02:36 PM
I saw the movie with DH (who by the way loved it as much as I did) and have to give this film a major endorsement. I absolutely love this movie. At times I thought I was actually watching Julia Child - that is how good Meryl Streep is (I do see an academy award nomination for her).

I also enjoyed the Julie sections of the film and did not find them to be annoying. One of the points well taken in the movie is that Julia Child is a larger than life human being who is inspirational to the lives of others. This is can be seen through the eyes of Julie, an average person, who grows as a result of her striving towards self improvement with Julia Child as a role model.

The film captures the charm and splendor of post war Paris and gives a real feel for what is must have been like to live there. Like Julie, I am a long time fan of Julia Child. This movie is full of her vivacious spirit and is heart warming. When I attended the audience laughed out load throughout the movie and clapped when it ended. Can't wait to see it again! :thumbsup:

Christine
08-09-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing this as well.
I'd never really been a Meryl Streep fan until mama Mia and I fell in love with her! How cute and fun was she in that?!

I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing "it's complicated" with her, Alec Baldwin, and Steve Martin!

If you haven't seen the trailer, go google it. It looks adorable!!! DH said "if you want me to go to a chic flick/date nite movie, this will be it!"

offwego
08-09-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing this one as well. Should be really fun I've heard they made the food look great too.
I loved Meryl in The Devil Wears Prada as well.
I do think that the whiney part is clear in the book as well (not sure about the blog) as that seems to have been almost part of the point if you will.
(I didn't find Amy at all whiney in Night of the Museum by the way)

PirateLover
08-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Just got back from seeing it with my foodie friend. We both loved everything except the end :thumbsup:

Carol
08-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Loved it!

I didn't find Julie annoying either. Meryl was amazing and I simply adore Stanley Tucci.

RedSoxFan
08-28-2009, 04:52 PM
DD12 & I saw this movie this afternoon. We both loved it; although Kourtney didn't care for the kissing scenes. Acting was great. Meryl Streep is just awesome.

BriarRose0708
08-29-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm going to see this tonight with my mom. We're really excited!

AdventurerKim
09-01-2009, 05:59 PM
This was an excellent, feel-good film. It was very charming and wonderful! Loved it!