PDA

View Full Version : Late Night Check-In

bostomco
04-30-2009, 10:35 PM
DW and me just booked our trip for the last week of September! We decided due to the free dining (and not wanting to lose part of a day) that it made the most sense to fly down on an evening flight and stay an extra day. We will be landing at Orlando at about 11:00pm. We're doing Magical Express, the only bummer is that we have to get our own bags. But my real question is: Is there any thing special we need to do or may want to do for check-in purposes? We're staying at POR. Thanks Everyone! :mickey:

Lakin
04-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Not that I can think of, really. Why is it that you must get your own bags? When doing Disney's Magical Express, I thought they always take care of your bags?

~Lakin

TammiMcMan
04-30-2009, 10:46 PM
You don't really have to, but you may want to have it noted on your reservation that you'll be a "late arrival". Unfortunately, if you do have any specific room requests, I wouldn't count on them. Whenever we've checked in late, we've been pretty limited in our room choices. You could always ask about changing rooms the next day if you want to.

Seasonscraps
04-30-2009, 10:49 PM
There's nothing special you need to do for late arrival.

Not that I can think of, really. Why is it that you must get your own bags? When doing Disney's Magical Express, I thought they always take care of your bags?

~Lakin

SInce it takes a couple of hours for ME to deliver your bags, you need to grab them yourself when you arrive late. There were probably complaints about bags arriving in the middle of the night or guests having to wait until the morning to get their things.

bostomco
04-30-2009, 10:50 PM
We're pretty flexible about our rooms. As to the magical express. As of March 31 of this year if you arrive at MCO (Orlando International Airport) after 10 PM then you have to get your own bags and bring them on the bus with you. It's not really a huge deal to me, but it would have been a nice touch after working 8 hours, spending two + hours in Logan airport, and flying the 3 hours to Orlando. :(

bostomco
04-30-2009, 10:52 PM
There's nothing special you need to do for late arrival.

SInce it takes a couple of hours for ME to deliver your bags, you need to grab them yourself when you arrive late. There were probably complaints about bags arriving in the middle of the night or guests having to wait until the morning to get their things.

That's a great point.

mitchsfan
04-30-2009, 11:57 PM
On our last trip to Disney, our flight was suppose to arrive in Orlando at quarter of 11. It arrived at about 3:45 am. The connecting flight was delayed.

I called the first time I knew we were going to have a delay and they said that since I was originally in the system then they wouldn't close for the night until we arrived.

4 o'clock in the morning...there was a driver waiting and a counter person waiting too!

c&d
05-01-2009, 10:48 AM
We arrived at midnight at the airport 2 weeks ago and it was fine. We got to POR around 1:00am. Nice thing, no long lines to stand in :D.

We had done the on line check in and yes we didn't get the room we requested (ground floor). I can't say I was either surprised or disappointed by that. I knew going in that chances of checking in at 1:00am and getting our request were slim. We wound up on the 3rd floor in the mansion section.

I had called ME before we arrived to let them know that our flight had changed times and they had no problem with it.