PDA

View Full Version : Old Disney Cartoons

Dizneydreamin'
04-30-2009, 04:55 PM
On the resort TVs, do they still have a channel that shows old Disney cartoons? We went in 2006 & that was the only channel that the kids watched.

animalkingdomguy
05-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Don't recall the channel from last trip. I do remember that when a Tropical Storm blew into Orlando area, Disney added more kid programming to the TV lineup. It helped to entertain the kids during the worst storm blowups.

MickeyMousse
05-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Yes, they had that channel when we were there in February. My kids requested that it be on at bedtime every night we were there. Since they took the bedtime story channel off, this was the next best thing in their book!

It was fun to watch the old cartoons!

Kenny1113
05-01-2009, 01:50 PM
They were playng in jan. I actually bought some of the classic cartoons for my boys b/c they enjoyed them do much on our trip.

Kenny1113
05-01-2009, 02:08 PM
They were playng in jan. I actually bought some of the classic cartoons for my boys b/c they enjoyed them so much on our trip.

Dizneydreamin'
05-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks for all the info. I have also been on Youtube to search for the old Disney cartoons. My kids just love those old cartoons!!:mickey:

MickeyandTink
05-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks for all the info. I have also been on Youtube to search for the old Disney cartoons. My kids just love those old cartoons!!:mickey:

:ditto:

I've been trying for years to get a DVD with the Jiminy Cricket "I'm No Fool" cartoons. (As you can probably figure by my sig, I'm a big fan of those)

Still haven't found one, but did find a bunch of the cartoons on youtube. Boy, did they bring back memories.

Pop Centurion
05-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Hmmm, we don't ever get that channel at Pop. :( Though they do play them on the TV in the small waiting room across from guest services.
I wonder if any of the value resorts get that channel.

johnO
05-02-2009, 12:56 PM
We love 'Alpine Climbers"...

TheRustyScupper
05-02-2009, 04:44 PM
1) Yes.
2) They play these in the lobby of the resorts.
3) Try Channel 93 or 97.

dmosher
05-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Unfortunately, the only place I was able to see the older cartoons was down in the lobby. Too bad, I miss the old ones and House of Mouse just doesn't cut it.
:pipes:
D

magicofdisney
05-02-2009, 11:49 PM
1) Yes.
2) They play these in the lobby of the resorts.
3) Try Channel 93 or 97.
Any time we've watched the cartoons, they've been on channel 96. Maybe this is why I couldn't find them sometimes. I guess they offer them on a couple of different channels. Now I'll know to check more places. Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

Hmmm, we don't ever get that channel at Pop. :( Though they do play them on the TV in the small waiting room across from guest services. I wonder if any of the value resorts get that channel.
We primarily stay at values and watch it all the time.

TheRustyScupper
05-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Unfortunately, the only place I was able to see the older cartoons was down in the lobby.

1) Yes.
2) Because they manually punch in upper channels.
3) These are not programmed into the room TV's.
4) You have to manually punch them in.

NOTE: The Disney cartoons are on the very same cable system that goes to the rooms. There is no "block" put on the channels. As an example, sometimes people change the channel to watch a ballgame and we have to re-enter the channel to get the cartoons.