PDA

View Full Version : Recent e-mail offers [merged threads]

joonyer
04-30-2009, 02:08 PM
I just got an email offering 7 nights/8days with base park passes for the price of 5 nights (with park passes) (buy 5/get two free). And it also includes a $100.00 Disney gift card. Price quoted is $538 per adult (double occ.) at the values.
Maybe not quite as good a deal as the 4/3 deal but not bad. The available dates are 10/02/90 thru 11/24/09 (most nights available)
Must book by 05/23.

Anyone else get this offer?

caryrae
04-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Strange I got a different e-mail offer for the same dates but for free dining.

The email offers:

Free Quick Service Dining Plan
$472 / per adult, based on adult double occupancy in a standard room at a select Disney Value Resort. For stays most nights 10/2/09–11/24/09 .

and

Free Regular Dining Plan
$617 /per adult, based on adult double occupancy in a standard room at a select Disney Moderate Resort. For stays most nights 10/2/09–11/24/09 .

Both say based on 4/day 4/night vacation with theme park tickets.

caryrae
04-30-2009, 02:36 PM
The email offers:

Free Quick Service Dining Plan
$472 / per adult, based on adult double occupancy in a standard room at a select Disney Value Resort. For stays most nights 10/2/09–11/24/09 .

and

Free Regular Dining Plan
$617 /per adult, based on adult double occupancy in a standard room at a select Disney Moderate Resort. For stays most nights 10/2/09–11/24/09 .

Both say based on 4/day 4/night vacation with theme park tickets.

forever a child
04-30-2009, 02:37 PM
I would love to get an email or post card offer. I have never gotten one before:(

jodijo
04-30-2009, 02:48 PM
I am so jealous! We will be there on those dates and would love free dinning! I guess I have to wish for a visit from the email fairy!

FenwayGirl
04-30-2009, 03:46 PM
GET 3 nights free in a 7-Night vacation!
Purchase this 4-Night/5-Day vacation package, which includes
accommodations and Theme Park tickets, and get 3 more nights with tickets, FREE!
$ 475 *

per adult, based on adult double occupancy in a standard room at a select Disney Value Resort. For stays most nights 10/2/09–11/24/09.

*The number of packages available at this rate is limited. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply. Offer is nontransferable.

Sorry I cut off the end of the message that shows the dates

dmewd
04-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Ok, it was kinda eerie. I was just reading this thread about the offer and received a popup that I had new mail. Low & behold if it was not the exact same offer. I am checkin our calendar now hoping we can take advantage! :thumbsup:

MidnTPK
04-30-2009, 04:00 PM
I just got a PIN....it was for free park hopper and free waterparks and more.

Get the Park Hopper Option AND the Water Park Fun & More Option added to your tickets, FREE when you purchase this package that includes accommodations and Theme Park tickets.....That’s a savings of $106!
Maybe they're doing some test marketing to see what kinds of discounts to offer for the remainder of the year.

DANAM
04-30-2009, 04:20 PM
I just got a post card 30% off room only. I have already booked with a 40% off pin code I got via email months ago. I really wonder how I keep getting these things. I wish I could share the wealth. I hate to not use a Disney discount. The only thing I could think is I just ordered maps and the card read so I hear your thinking of taking a trip to Disney or something simular to that. Who knows.

caryrae
04-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Man whats up with all the different offers all of a sudden?

PixieMagic
04-30-2009, 05:18 PM
I got this too! I really wonder how Disney issues the PIN's because I've never gotten them before, but I have gotten like 3 this year already!

sisterslovindisney
04-30-2009, 05:34 PM
I just got an e-mail for the same dates but mine is for:

Kids 3-9 play stay and dine free
or
4 day/4 night for $377 per adult

I sure hope they do some of these for January 2010!

Mitzie
04-30-2009, 07:15 PM
We received an e-mail from Disney this afternoon-Offering 3 nights free in a 7-night vacation. Includes accommodations and theme park tickets. For the dates listed ...also said to call about great rates for other lengths of stay 11/28-12/17. We are headed down Dec. 3-9th. Hoping for a deal, right now we are paying normal rates.

Suz36
04-30-2009, 07:46 PM
I got the park hopper and water park upgrade pin. So strange how they're sending all these different offers out, the test marketing idea makes sense. Unfortunately, we couldn't use it. Maybe something better will come along!

Live4WDW
04-30-2009, 08:35 PM
:mickey: Hello all. Glad to be a new member to this board. This is my first post. I am more than curious about the e-mails/pin codes you all are mentioning on this thread. What are they, how do you come about receiving them. Am new at this. DW and I are going to WDW on Nov.29 for a 6 nite/ 7 day stay. Am looking for any help on the possible discounts. just make the time even more of a thrill and joy then it already is. Thanks

forever a child
04-30-2009, 09:04 PM
:mickey: Hello all. Glad to be a new member to this board. This is my first post. I am more than curious about the e-mails/pin codes you all are mentioning on this thread. What are they, how do you come about receiving them. Am new at this. DW and I are going to WDW on Nov.29 for a 6 nite/ 7 day stay. Am looking for any help on the possible discounts. just make the time even more of a thrill and joy then it already is. Thanks

Welcome to Intercot! :welcome: I have been a member since 2004 and I still have not figured out how to get one:D

Does anyone thing location has something to do with marketing...zip codes for areas in the US that the are trying to target? Just a thought.:bar:

MidnTPK
04-30-2009, 10:08 PM
I am more than curious about the e-mails/pin codes you all are mentioning on this thread. What are they, how do you come about receiving them.

I have been a member since 2004 and I still have not figured out how to get one:D

Does anyone thing location has something to do with marketing...zip codes for areas in the US that the are trying to target? Just a thought.:bar:
I think the first step is to request the planning DVD....and not make a reservation. In my case, Disney doesn't 'know' I've been to WDW in the past year because my stay at the Swan is not in their system....but they know I requested the DVD a few months ago and indicated I was interested in visiting in the fall.

I really suspect there are all these different offers to gauge which discounts they should offer widely in the fall...meaning should it be the 'buy 4 nights, get 3 free', or can they make it not as good a deal...as in the offer I got: whoop de doo...$100 discount on a $1K - $5K vacation.

MidnTPK
04-30-2009, 10:10 PM
PINs are apparently sent randomly. Mine came through email. There's no way to 'sign up' to get them....but there might be ways to increase your chances.

wdwnomad
04-30-2009, 10:24 PM
I've got two pins today both for the 4/3 offer in Oct/Nov at different email addresses.

It also said to ask about discounts for late Nov/Dec. Not sure what they are but I might call about it. I am already tentaviely booked for 12/13-20 using the 40% off code I got earlier this year. I doubt this deal would be better because there was an AP code tied to the 40% pin where you got 40% off the room and were able to add the dining plan without buying park tickets. I don't think I would be able to get anything cheaper than that.

sisterslovindisney
04-30-2009, 10:54 PM
I think the first step is to request the planning DVD....and not make a reservation. In my case, Disney doesn't 'know' I've been to WDW in the past year because my stay at the Swan is not in their system....but they know I requested the DVD a few months ago and indicated I was interested in visiting in the fall.

I really suspect there are all these different offers to gauge which discounts they should offer widely in the fall...meaning should it be the 'buy 4 nights, get 3 free', or can they make it not as good a deal...as in the offer I got: whoop de doo...$100 discount on a $1K - $5K vacation.

We are already booked for January 2010 and received an e-mail today so it doesn't seem to matter if you book or not. I think it's just random.

Live4WDW
04-30-2009, 11:08 PM
:party: Thank you for all the answers. I think I get it now. I just signed up at WDW.com two days ago. I checked my e-mail a little while ago , and had a few offers from them, i about the free dining, too bad I can't start my vacation until that offer is over.LOL.. Thanks.

forever a child
04-30-2009, 11:19 PM
We are already booked for January 2010 and received an e-mail today so it doesn't seem to matter if you book or not. I think it's just random.

I ordered and received a planning DVD about 1 1/2 - 2 months ago and I have not booked. I went back on WDW website and made sure all my member login info was up to date (we had moved since our last visit) and I have placed a couple of tentative plans on the site and saved them while trying to research prices and dates and still...not e-mail or post card! :fit:

I think sisterslovingdisney is correct, it doesnt matter if you book or not. They have their own system and we are not "in the know".:noway::sob:

morebroccoli
04-30-2009, 11:53 PM
i got one tonight via email :

-------- - - -

Buy 5, Get 2 FREE!
Purchase one of the following 5-Night/6-Day vacation packages that include accommodations and Theme Park tickets, and get 2 more nights with tickets AND a Disney Gift Card, FREE!

Select Disney Value Resort
$ 538 *

per adult, based on adult double occupancy in a standard room. For stays most nights 10/2/09–11/24/09.

Plus, you’ll also receive a
$100 Disney Gift Card†!
Use PIN: 11276 01148 71125

Disney Deluxe Resort
$ 1,057 *
per adult, based on adult double occupancy in a standard room at Disney's Wilderness Lodge or Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. For stays most nights 10/2/09–11/24/09.

Plus, you’ll also receive a
$200 Disney Gift Card†!
Use PIN: 11276 01148 71125

poeticeclipse
05-01-2009, 09:52 AM
I just wanted to remind everyone to check their account on Disney World's website. I always wondered why I never ever got one single e-mail from WDW ....for anything!

When I checked "my account" I found out that when I signed up back in 2005, I never checked the box that allowed WDW to send me e-mails for promotions! Grrrr! Well, I checked that box and saved my changes so we shall see what happens now.

Jen C.
05-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Hi there~

Just late last night got a great pin code.
Kids stay, play and dine for free (ages 3-9). Max of 14 nights. Good for most of Oct., Nov. and mid way through Dec.

Called this a.m., and booked BC deluxe room, club level, with 7 day hoppers, and DP for $4K. Not too bad!!:thumbsup:

Belster
05-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Congrats!!!! Was this through email or mail??

Jen C.
05-01-2009, 11:00 AM
It was e-mail. Thank you!

KarenP
05-01-2009, 11:36 AM
I love the deluxe rooms at BC. Congrats on the deal!

RedSoxFan
05-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Congrats on the great deal. Enjoy.:mickey:

MNMS
05-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Does anyone know if they are extending the dining plan for free into October and November? (I know they have a promotion through early October.) A friend of a fried just received a coupon for the free dining plan good for the end of October and early November 2009.

Does anyyone know how Disney determines who gets the coupons? I am a bit annoyed considering we've gone every year for 10 years and have never received a coupon yet the family that received the coupon went essentially once in the last 4 years. (I suspect though that is why they received the coupon as an enticement; they know I go every year regardless.)

Thanks,

Mark

Strmchsr
05-01-2009, 02:30 PM
It's just a pin code right now.

As for who gets it -- it's random. You have to be registered on WDW's website, but I was registered for 7 years before I got my first one. Now I've gotten 4 in the last year.

Dsnygirl
05-01-2009, 02:44 PM
:mickey: I'm with you on the frustration... seems there are loads of people getting them right now, some have even gotten two this week... and I've been registered on Disney's site for years & years and have NEVER gotten a thing. I don't even get the AP info I'm supposed to get, regardless of the numerous phone calls I make to make sure my e-mail & info is correct!! :( So instead, I call periodically to see if there is a PIN code by my name, that's the only thing I can think of to do... never has been, but maybe one day I'll get lucky. ;)

We're going this October, too, and are SO hoping for some good deals... we aren't booking until we see some. Let's hope this rash of PIN codes, etc., lead to some other announcements for everybody else!! :fingers:

ledudes
05-01-2009, 02:59 PM
I agree, I think they must send them to people who don't go as often to try to entice them. We go every year and have never gotten any codes but a friend of mine went last year and hadn't been for 10 years before that and she got the code. I guess they figure we'll go anyway so why give us a discount.
Is it possible for anyone to use these codes or just who they get sent to??

satchel01
05-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Are you talking about the emails they send out with special offers? If so, I just received one that is for 10/2/09–11/24/09 and yes, it is with the dining plan.

Belster
05-01-2009, 03:16 PM
The person that receives them must be on the trip while the code is used. You may book up to 3 reservations with the code.

My mother received 40% off for October...pased it it us, I tryed to use it and was told what I have shared above. So my mom decided to go!!! We got 40% off...I hope for free dining though.

Disnamic Duo
05-01-2009, 03:35 PM
I just got an e-mail for the same dates but mine is for:

Kids 3-9 play stay and dine free
or
4 day/4 night for $377 per adult

I sure hope they do some of these for January 2010!

We got this one too - yesterday. I wasn't too sure about it, so I forwarded it to MJ. Turns out it's (the 4 day/4 night deal) good for 40% off the room price! We used it for our 6 night stay this Nov, and we upgraded to AKL (from CSR) with the savings! GREAT deal!

Dsnygirl
05-01-2009, 04:43 PM
I just tried something new... :blush: ... I created a new account on Disney's site with a new e-mail address and less information about when I've been there, how many times, etc. Here's to hoping maybe it'll start getting some offers, since my old one seems to be "anti Disney"!! ;)

forever a child
05-01-2009, 07:11 PM
I agree, I think they must send them to people who don't go as often to try to entice them. We go every year and have never gotten any codes but a friend of mine went last year and hadn't been for 10 years before that and she got the code. I guess they figure we'll go anyway so why give us a discount.

I disagree. We have not been to WDW since 2005 and I have never gotten one. :angry: I also just added a new account on WDW in hopes to get one. :whistle:

:mickey:

RedSoxFan
05-01-2009, 09:45 PM
I've never gotten a pin code and I've only been to WDW three times.:mickey:

Jen C.
05-01-2009, 10:52 PM

This logic would not apply to us. We have been every year for the past 6, and got ours. In fact, my husband got one at his e-mail address, and I got one at mine. Also, our e-mail contained 2 seperate pincodes. The first was the kids stay, play and dine free that I mentioned earlier, but underneath was a 40% off rooms. We ended up switching promo's, and saved an additional amount of money!

DisneyPrincess21
05-02-2009, 01:23 AM
:eeyore: Nope no pincode's for me :nope: :cry:

me >:nudge:< you (Hey! You people need to stop hogging all the pincodes!) :plot:

:badpc:

mudpuppysmom
05-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Here is what we got : (and I'm thinkin' this is not that great of a deal....)

Choose the offer that’s right for you!

Kids 3–9 stay, play and dine...FREE
Purchase this 4-Night/4-Day vacation package, which includes accommodations, Theme Park tickets and the Disney Dining Plan and a kid 3–9 can stay, get 4-day Theme Park tickets and the Disney Dining Plan, FREE.
$ 632 *

per adult, based on adult double occupancy in a standard room at a select Disney Value Resort. For stays most nights 10/2/09–11/24/09. Child must stay in room with adult. Maximum of four Guests per room. Excludes gratuities. Children 3–9 must order from the children's menu where available.

Use PIN: XXXXXXXXX

or

Save on a vacation to the Walt Disney World Resort!
Enjoy a 4-Night/4-Day vacation package, including accommodations and Theme Park tickets, for just:
$ 377 *

per adult, based on adult double occupancy in a standard room at a select Disney Value Resort. For stays most nights 10/2/09–11/24/09.

That’s a savings of $94!
Use PIN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx

*The number of packages available at this rate is limited. Savings based on non-discounted price for the same package. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply. Offer is nontransferable.

Start planning your dream vacation today!
Call 407-939-7888 or your Travel Agent to book by 5/23/09!
Be sure to have your PIN ready.

Be sure to ask about great rates for other lengths of stay,
Resorts and travel dates 11/28–12/17/09.

Jen C.
05-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Mudpuppy's mom~ That is the same one I got. The top one is not that great of a deal. The bottom one however translates into 40% off room rates, and is a really good deal if you stay deluxe.

mickeefan
05-02-2009, 10:13 AM
I just received two of the same at two different email addresses and we have been there 38 times according to Disney's computers.
Until last year we had never received the first one. All of a sudden they started coming.
We use the bounceback offer as long as they offer it.
I feel maybe ordering the planning DVD's may have had something to do with it.

forever a child
05-02-2009, 11:29 AM
I still say it has to do with location (zip codes) that WDW is wanting to target.

When I used to market and send out letters in the mail I would purchase names and addresses from a supplier list that were in a specific age and income bracket within a specific zip code area. :spy:

Nothing else seems to match and I hardly think WDW does anything randomly in regards to it's marketing. :surf:

:mickey:

RedSoxFan
05-02-2009, 04:17 PM
I just re-registered also. For some reason, my address was not listed on the account. DH wants to go back in November; but it will take a decent discount to convince me to go back with 2 kids in college and another one going in a year.:mickey:

sassy2000
05-02-2009, 05:10 PM
We have have been toWDW 4xs in 2 yrs and had never received a pin code until yesterday. My DH got one on his e-mail. It was adults play & eat for kids price. We used it for 6 nights at AKL Nov 29 and are saving $400. I actually booked 2 more rooms for some friends going with us. I'll still be looking for better deals but if not then I'm still happy. :mickey: 1st visit to AKL or any deluxe!!

pixiesmimi
05-02-2009, 09:59 PM
We have gotten a new one too lately. But the one we are already using in August, 40% off for miliary with DP, is the best we have gotten so far. We have received at least 5 pin codes in the last year but they have all been by mail. I'm not sure why we haven't received one by email because they definately have our email address. I don't regularly order the DVD and we don't go three or four times a year, sometimes only once a year. We live in AL where a lot of people go to WDW all the time so don't think it is the zip code, so I'm not sure who they are targeting or how you get the pin codes. I tend to think it is a random computer selection thing.

Cinderella's mom
05-03-2009, 12:39 PM
We go pretty much every year and I just got:

Enjoy FREE ticket upgrades!
Get the Park Hopper® Option AND the Water Park Fun & More Option added to your tickets, FREE when you purchase this package that includes accommodations and Theme Park tickets.
4-Night/4-Day vacation package,
$ 472 *

per adult, based on adult double occupancy in a standard room at a
select Disney Value Resort. For stays most nights 10/2/09–11/24/09.
That’s a savings of $106!

Wish it were for the free dining plan since that is when we will be there!:mickey:

raider97
05-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Mudpuppy's mom~ That is the same one I got. The top one is not that great of a deal. The bottom one however translates into 40% off room rates, and is a really good deal if you stay deluxe.

This is so strange. My parents got the same exact offer - two parts - and I called to have the bottom one applied and it only saved them $140 dollars for a 10 night stay! :( Wish they had gotten it applied the same way.

Congrats though!! That worked out great for you guys!!

Stephanie

raider97
05-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Well, I figured out the difference with my parents... the bottom pin code doesn't extend past Dec. 17th even if you check in earlier than that date. So it only saved them 40% off two of their ten nights. From what I understand some of the new pin offers are extending past the 17th and some are not. Depends on the luck of the draw I guess. Here's hoping for a wonderful general code in August!!

Stephanie

jakeybake
05-06-2009, 08:28 AM
I received the free dining e-mail for October-November with both dining options as well.

Doesn't work for us because our kids are in school but nice to know that I am receiving these regardless of whether they work for me or not.

Jay

Iluvpooh
05-10-2009, 07:39 PM
I NEED the kids stay and play and dine code. I actually called CRO and begged for one! No go of course, but it was worth a try to let them know I was interested in that one. The bad thing is, I got this code in January for an April trip and couldn't use it, but the fall dates would be great!!