PDA

View Full Version : AP/Free Dining Question... I'm stumped!

poeticeclipse
04-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Let me explain the situation we have upon us.

DH & I have invited my mother and my in-laws with us to WDW in September. We are planning on booking two seperate rooms. One for the in-laws and one for DH, mom, and myself. We all would like to participate in the free dining promotion.

Now here is the hitch... for my birthday my family got me (just me) an AP. I would find it silly to have to pay for park tickets for myself because we are thinking that booking a package is easiest. But, I can't think of any way to do it for me to get in on the "free dining" promotion along with the rest of my family.

Can someone help me figure this out, please?

BMan62
04-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Buy everyone on the package one day tickets and upgrade them when you get there. To get the 'Free DDP' you would need a one day ticket for yourself anyway. Just hold onto it until after your AP runs out.

forever a child
04-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Is your birthday during your stay? Perhaps that can count as your one day pass? Don't know if that could count. Hopefully someone else can come along w/another suggestion.:mickey:

SBETigg
04-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Okay, this sounds weird but-- could you technically book you in one room alone and everyone else in the other? Then spread out as you will later. This way, everyone in the one room can get MYW packages with the free dining and all the tickets they need. And you can get a package that suits your needs separately. Otherwise, I think everyone in a room is supposed to have the same package and that might be a problem, since you don't need tickets (except for one night to qualify for the package) and everyone else will need them for multiple nights.

poeticeclipse
04-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Is your birthday during your stay? Perhaps that can count as your one day pass? Don't know if that could count. Hopefully someone else can come along w/another suggestion.:mickey:

Sadly, it's not! But that'd be cool and a great idea! haha.

Buy everyone on the package one day tickets and upgrade them when you get there. To get the 'Free DDP' you would need a one day ticket for yourself anyway. Just hold onto it until after your AP runs out.

I see what you are saying... I think. :secret: The only problem with that is that we like to pay for as much as we can ahead of time. Just the thought of splitting all that up makes me head spin! haha.

Okay, this sounds weird but-- could you technically book you in one room alone and everyone else in the other? Then spread out as you will later. This way, everyone in the one room can get MYW packages with the free dining and all the tickets they need. And you can get a package that suits your needs separately. Otherwise, I think everyone in a room is supposed to have the same package and that might be a problem, since you don't need tickets (except for one night to qualify for the package) and everyone else will need them for multiple nights.

I actually get what you are saying and it makes sense! I'll have to think about that one. That might work out a bit easier and may not be as complicated for Wendy at MJ to book. haha.

You all are so smart :thumbsup:

sassafras
04-30-2009, 04:30 PM
My sis and I did this last year. Booked the package -1 room,1 day pass. They told her to upgrade her pass when we checked in. Told me to hang onto my 1 day pass until my annual pass ran out and use it or get credit for it when I got my next annual pass. No problem! It works!

poeticeclipse
04-30-2009, 04:55 PM
My sis and I did this last year. Booked the package -1 room,1 day pass. They told her to upgrade her pass when we checked in. Told me to hang onto my 1 day pass until my annual pass ran out and use it or get credit for it when I got my next annual pass. No problem! It works!

So, you can just hold onto that one day ticket and the amount that you paid for it will be applied to your renewal??

So, whomever I travel with will just get one day passes as well? And then pay the difference upon arrival?

SBETigg
04-30-2009, 05:42 PM
So, you can just hold onto that one day ticket and the amount that you paid for it will be applied to your renewal??

So, whomever I travel with will just get one day passes as well? And then pay the difference upon arrival?

Yeah, but isn't it supposedly cheaper per day the more days you buy park tickets for with the MYW package? So, if you do it this way, would your co-travelers end up paying more for the park admission? Or is it the same price if you upgrade as it would have been to pay for x amount of days in the first place? I'm not sure if I made my question clear, but if you're dealing with MJ, I'm sure they'll have the best recommendation on how to book it.

coloradowendyl
04-30-2009, 05:42 PM
I actually get what you are saying and it makes sense! I'll have to think about that one. That might work out a bit easier and may not be as complicated for Wendy at MJ to book. haha.

You all are so smart

Hey Stacey,

Email me and we will get this all sorted out! It's much easier than you think! :mickey:

Wendy