PDA

View Full Version : Is there Wifi anywhere on Disney property??

luvDaMouse
04-30-2009, 01:10 PM
My husband just got the Ipod "touch" I know there is plug in internet in the resorts but how about restaurants or anywhere in the parks?? I read about the new Disney apps for Iphone and the touch but you need to have Wifi ( I believe) :confused:

big blue and hairy
04-30-2009, 03:00 PM
I don't know the answer about the wifi, but I think I can help with the apps. I am pretty sure the three apps I downloaded can be used without wifi, they just can't be updated without wifi.

:sulley:

DizneyRox
04-30-2009, 04:16 PM
There's WiFi all over Disney property. I think all the deluxes have WiFi in public areas (mostly around the lobby/pool and such).

It's $9.95 a day...

Polynesian Dweller
04-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Not all deluxes have it and where it is available it is not free!. You can pay for 60 minutes for $4.99 or $9.95 for a 24 hour period.

luvDaMouse
04-30-2009, 04:44 PM
okay, using the Ipod touch we don't pay for a service we can sign on to the internet where ever there is wireless internet. If they offer wireless do they have to give you a password to link to? Do I get it for free because I am a DVC member staying on property?

DizneyRox
04-30-2009, 06:14 PM
I believe you are confusing a non secured wireless access point with Wifi.

Wifi is basically a wireless connection to a LAN which may or may not be connected to the Internet. Generally Disney does not offer any wireless connections that are free to use.

I don't think Disney provides a password, I think they use your MAC address to monitor your device and your ability to connect or not (based on payment or not). Upon first connecting you are directed to a pay me now screen, and that's all you will see until you provide some sort of payment.

DVC members do get free Internet, and I believe the way it works if if a charge shows up on your bill, they comp it. I have only used their wireless connection once (it wasn't worth $9.95 a day) so my memory is a little fuzzy.