PDA

View Full Version : August ADRs

hokies4life
04-30-2009, 09:52 AM
So Fiance and I are going back in August (16-22) and I'm trying to figure out our ADRs since we'll be there on Free Dining. I tried to get 2 restaurants in the MK and Epcot areas and 1 in AK and DHS. So these are the ones I picked and all are for dinner. Any comment/suggestions? Which do you think will be the hardest to book? My Fiance has never been to any of these and I've only been to them once if any, so any feedback is appreciated!

'Ohana
Liberty Tree Tavern
San Angel Inn
Teppan Edo
50's Prime Time
Boma

:chipdale:

DANAM
04-30-2009, 11:42 AM
We LOVE 'Ohana's and Teppan Edo and we are trying Liberty Tree Tavern in December. I have never been to your other two picks hopefully someone else can give you some info on those.

cer
04-30-2009, 12:36 PM
We have been to Ohana 3 times. We really enjoy it, it is one of our traditions. For some reason I think it will be the hardest to book. Probably since it is not open for lunch.

We have never done Liberty Tree, San Angel or Teppan Edo. I'm looking forward to trying Teppan Edo sometime.

Boma and 50's Primetime you will enjoy. (Boma is also one that is not open for lunch. I think maybe since it is a bus ride and not a quick monorail trip from the parks that the reservation will be easier to get than Ohana, but that's just me.)

SBETigg
04-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Your list is heavy on the family favorites and I wonder if they're the best choices for two people without kids. Not that we all don't become kids at WDW, but I would prefer some more adult, romantic restaurants, perhaps. If it were me.

I might keep:
'Ohana (because it's so good and can be romantic with the lush, tropical setting)

San Angel Inn (romantic atmosphere)

Boma (great chance to explore the AKL and it's fun to try new things together).

But I would skip the others in favor of:
California Grill (breathtaking) or
Grand Floridian Cafe (if you don't want to use 2 ts on one meal).

Tokyo Dining, great Japanese food and experience and you won't be seated with a larger party (though if you're social and don't mind that, Teppan Edo is still fun).

And any World Showcase restaurant over 50s Prime Time, for better food and more adult interaction-- but again, if you're into the whole role play thing and looking for fun over fine dining, go for it.

PixieMagic
04-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Sounds yummy! We'll be there the same week! You'll love OHana...try the Lapu Lapu :papple: it's strong but oh so good! I think in 2006 it was like $12...but it last me almost 4 hours! Ha ha.... And you can't go wrong with Teppan Edo - it's our fav on property! Have fun!!:thumbsup:

hokies4life
04-30-2009, 11:30 PM
And any World Showcase restaurant over 50s Prime Time, for better food and more adult interaction-- but again, if you're into the whole role play thing and looking for fun over fine dining, go for it.

Your information is really helpful! I hadn't thought of it until you suggested it but with DHS and Epcot so close it would be easy for us to pop over for dinner at WS and then back to DHS if we wanted to go back.

We are really just big kids though, so we don't mind being in the family atmosphere. And I had been trying to decide between Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining, and since I've learned that you can still get the same style food at Tokyo Dining I'm kind of tempted to go with that one. I still have a couple weeks to decide though, so we'll see.

dancin Disney style
05-02-2009, 03:42 PM
All your choices sound great. Ohana is our absolute must do for every trip. We have done both breakfast and dinner.

San Angel gets so-so reviews so you might want to re-think that one. LeCellier is very popular.

katzctkpt
05-04-2009, 09:37 AM
'Ohana -- good
Liberty Tree Tavern -- good
San Angel Inn -- :sick: find another like Le Cellier
Teppan Edo -- good
50's Prime Time -- so so
Boma -- haven't tried

If you don't get into Boma try Yak & Yeti very good this one is at AK park. Also, for MK the 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian is a buffet and characters but the food is really good. Our last trip there were several tables with adults only.

beksy
05-04-2009, 09:06 PM
The only ones that I've been to on your list are San Angel Inn and 50's Prime Time. San Angel Inn gets a lot of bad reviews but I've always loved it (except the flan but I don't like that anywhere!). It is always on our must-do list. The atmosphere is great! 50's was a lot of fun too. My sister and I went last February and are going again in December. The food is more home-style food and since we don't eat a lot of "fancy" foods was perferct. The S'mores dessert is so good! As long as you are willing to play along you should have a great time. I really want to try Teppan Edo but my sister has social anxiety and can't sit with people she doesn't know, so I haven't gotten there yet. 'Ohana and LTT are also on our list for December. The others haven't been talked into Boma yet, but I'm still trying! I think you made some great choices. They are actually pretty similar to what the ex and I would have had (with a few character meals thrown in!). I'm just a big kid :blush:

Nicki'sMom
05-05-2009, 07:54 AM
We went to Liberty Tree Tavern in 2007 when there were still characters and it was good but a HEAVY meal. I wouldn't go back now that there are no characters. Love Ohana. We will be there the same week as you are so hopefully it won't be too hard to book the popular ones. Fingers crossed!

hokies4life
05-18-2009, 03:23 PM
:cloud9: So I was finally able to make my reservations today. I ended up waking up later than I planned so it took me a while to even get through to get put on hold. All in all the entire process took me about 1 hour and a half from when I started trying to call til when I hung up the phone. So here's my list that we settled on for August 16-22...

Sunday: Liberty Tree Tavern
Monday: Boma
Tuesday: San Angel Inn
Wednesday: Le Cellier
Thursday: Tokyo Dining
Friday: Kona Cafe

I was really trying to get 'Ohana instead of Kona, but I tried for at least 3 different days at different times and nothing was available. So I'll try back later to see if I can get in, but I'm sure we'll still be happy with Kona.

We did run into one small problem during the whole thing. She said they were going through some upgrades to their system and as we were almost finished with the ADRs it froze! So we had to start all over, but luckily I still got to get the times I wanted. So the minor glitch was very quickly taken care of by the awesome lady that was helping me on the phone.

I can't wait to eat at all these places!! :mickey:

:chipdale:

SBETigg
05-18-2009, 03:33 PM
Mandy, great final list! You're going to have a fun time! Excellent choices.

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
05-18-2009, 03:35 PM
I called right at 7 this morning, and 'Ohana was one of the first ressies I made, and luckily I was able to get the day I wanted but I still wasn't able to get the time I wanted. That place seems so big, it amazes me that it fills up so quickly. I suppose that's a testament to how awesome it is!

BTW, we're also going to be at WDW 8/16-8/23, and we got ADRs at Boma on Monday as well! Maybe we'll pass each other in the buffet line!