PDA

View Full Version : When do they start decorating for Christmas?

BriarRose
04-29-2009, 10:07 PM
I have a friend who will be visiting in mid November and I was wondering, will the Christmas decorations will be out by the 12th?

NotaGeek
04-29-2009, 11:02 PM
I used the search function and found last year's thread (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=145918&highlight=holidays)about the holidays and the season ran from Nov 21-Jan 4, so odds are not all of the decorations will be up by mid-November, but lot of them will be. The parade won't start running until the official kick-off, but the park will be festive. :tree:

delphinidae308
05-07-2009, 08:40 PM
In 2006, when we arrived late at night on the 15th of Nov, we got to watch them put up the Christmas tree in the lobby of the Grand Californian. At the very least Haunted Mansion Holiday should be open.

Carol
05-08-2009, 10:04 AM
I was there 2 years ago in November -- the week leading up to Veterns Day weekend. They were working on the decorations all that week and everything was up and done by the weekend.

BrerGnat
05-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Last year was the first year in a LONG time that the "Holidays at DLR" did not start until LATE in November.

Prior to 2008, it used to be that by about Nov. 10 or thereabouts, the holiday decorations were up in full force. "Holidays at DLR" usually kicked off the second weekend in November.

However, I'm sure the state of the economy last year played into the decision to cut the season "short" a bit. They also brought the decorations down a bit earlier in January than they used to.

Only time will tell for this year. However, if they follow last year's schedule, your friend will probably miss the FULL Holiday decor/celebrations/parade. However, stuff will be starting to go up, so it will look "festive".