PDA

View Full Version : Poly-- finally!

roryjulie
04-29-2009, 01:23 PM
After all the visits we have finally decided to stay at the Poly (we were saving for a special occasion and we're going for my 30th bday).

Any tips on room requests, etc? Thanks

Mousemates
04-29-2009, 02:02 PM
hope you have a positively magical 30th at the poly.:thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
04-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Congrats and Happy 30th B'day (early wishes).

PixieMagic
04-29-2009, 05:40 PM
If you can spring the $$ for conceirge, do that (free breakfast, snacks, and drinks) otherwise don't waste any extra $$, just book a gardenview...if you book Tokelau or FIJI - the buildings go the opposite direction of the lagoon so you can still see the lagoon without paying for the view! :thumbsup: Also check out Tikiman's website...he has so much info on the poly you'll feel like an expert! Congrats and have fun...after this you won't want to stay anywhere else!! If you want any specific info I am happy to share (PM me)...as you can see I have spend most of my WDW time there! And again, :congrats:

jarajam
04-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Enjoy!! Gosh I love the Poly!!! We have been there 3 times and it is hands down my fav resort! We have loved every room we've stayed in,but for us,the best room is one close to the main building.We like to get the refillable mugs and last time we were there we were a good hike away so it wasn't as convenient to go fill them up. Also,the rooms that face the parking lot are still great,but ones with a "tropic view" add to the feel. Have fun,you will LOVE it!

Polynesian Dweller
04-30-2009, 04:15 PM
If you go for MK view then Tahiti is the building with the best views other than Concierge. People call it a hike to the GHC, but I can tell you after 19 years and actually measuring the distances, its about 3-5 minutes max, you can take longer in a regular hotel to get to the front desk. Like all things Disney it is wonderfully engineered to seem longer but it is not. The entire walk from one end of the Poly to the other (TTC to Luau cove) can be done at a leisurley pace in 7 minutes. The Poly is not as spread out as it appears on maps so don't let distances influence you.

If you go garden view, I recommend Tokelau. One of the newer buildings with larger rooms and some lagoon views. Its to the east of the quiet pool between Hawaii (concierge) and Tahiti.

And of course, there's concierge which we now always use. If you can swing it this would be the spot for either lagoon or garden view. Service is great and there is free food and drinks throughout the day and dedicated concierge desk for check in and help throughout your stay.