PDA

View Full Version : Keys to The Kingdom Tour Qs

roryjulie
04-29-2009, 12:22 PM
We booked the Keys tour at the MK for end of July. I have a few q's about it:

1. Is the lunch served at the end or in the middle?
2. What kind of lunch is it?
3. How many people on the tour?

Thanks

kurt
04-29-2009, 12:57 PM
i took the tour in june 2006. lunch was served in the middle of the tour. it was served at the Columbia house. we got to pick our lunch from a menu at the beginning of the tour. i think there were about 10-12 on our tour.

Zawadi
04-29-2009, 01:05 PM
We did the tour in 2005 and from what I can remember:

As already stated lunch is served in the middle of the tour.
Lunch is a sandwich, chips with a soda.
Group size is around 10

roryjulie
04-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Thanks! This helps us to choose a dinner time. I'm excited to do this tour-- hoping its fun :mickey:

Momof2boys
04-29-2009, 02:24 PM
I did this tour in 2007 and loved it. Lunch was a little later than noon. When I checked in to the tour stand in the am I was able to choose from a lunch selection from Columbia Harbor House. I chose Fish & Chips. There were about 12 of us on our tour.

Bri
04-29-2009, 03:37 PM
This tour is really great, you won't be sorry you did it!

homeschool mom
04-29-2009, 03:47 PM
DH and I just did this tour last week. It was a great tour, however, we expected a lot more of it to be backstage than actually was. Still, it was very informational.

When we checked in for the tour, we were given a menu for the Columbia Harbour House. We were able to choose one lunch entre and a drink. We ate lunch around 1:00.

There were actually about 22 of us on our tour. It was a large group, but not too large. The tour guide uses a sound system that is hooked up to personal radio devices that she/he gives every participant. You just get on the frequency the guide is on, put the hearing piece over your ear and she/he is loud and clear.

One thing that kind of irritated me was one of the participants was video taping everything our tour guide said. When I signed up for the tour, I was told absolutely no camers or video equipment of any kind. I thought sure she would tell him to turn it off, but the only time she did tell him was the two times we went backstage. The rest of the tour he recorded. If I would have known that was allowed, I would have photographed everything she pointed out to us in the MK instead of having to go back later and remember everything to photograph it. You may want to ask about it before your tour starts if you are at all interested in recording any of it.

I'm so glad we took the tour, and I would highly recommend it. Our tour lasted about 5 hours and our tour guide was Lori Beth. She was very sweet and we really enjoyed her!

KatrinaJ91
04-29-2009, 03:48 PM
We were also considering the tour, but are undecided. It does sound really cool though. :secret:

MaxPower
04-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Your tour guide will not tell you to not record in the park itself, but they willw atch you like a hawk backstage--absolutely no photography or video recording