PDA

View Full Version : Need help to convince

terri110874
04-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Help me convince my sister to stay at POR. We are going to WDW Sept 16-23. There will my sister, 37, my niece 10, my son, 9, and myself,35 going. She wants to stay at POP or Movies and I want to go to POR.

Here are the reasons I think that POR is a better option. 1. the pool with slide (will be setting aside a few hours for pool timeeach day)2. rooms are a bit bigger (two sinks too) 3. More relaxed atosphere 4. hoping for a trundle bed (did ask on reservation)
Side note she thinks its too much $$$ for a room.

She like the value because of the price and fun landscaping.

Can you send me some opinions on POR

Thanks in advanced!!!:mickey::mickey:

Seasonscraps
04-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Beautiful property
Boat ride to Downtown disney
Boatrights is a good dinner restaurant
Bob Jackson - sing along piano player that puts on the best show. fun for ALL AGES!
Hot tubs
quiet pools

kathiep
04-28-2009, 08:04 PM
The moderates always feel so much more relaxed to us than the values. And my kids loved, loved, loved the pool at POR. An onsite table service is also a nice option to have.

rkwctw
04-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Great location and landscaping. Ditto on the quiet pools. Very good food court. The boat ride to DTD is relaxing there and back. The main pool is also cool and the bar there has adult beverages. We love it.:mickey:

gerald72
04-28-2009, 08:34 PM
I think you should let her stay at the value resort.

Johnno52
04-28-2009, 09:00 PM
I would only go to the moderates if money was not an issue and I can understand your sister's viewpoint. We always stay at the ASR along with our DVCs. If you want to treat yourself, book a Suite at the ASRs. It would be around the same price as the moderates however, you get 2 rooms, 2 complete bathrooms a kitchenette and family bliss :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

deedeebee
04-29-2009, 03:28 AM
POR is like home to us, me,DH,DS and 2 DD's have stayed there on our last 4 trips and would be staying there this year except my dad is paying and my mom loves the Poly with the monorail. The POR is the best, imho, for kids because old man island is fantastic, the big pool is great and the quite pools are nice and convenient. There are always little lizards to chase and the landscaping is amazing. We really love the food court even though it can get crowded but you are still at Disney. The buses are pretty good going to a park but seem to always be very crowded coming back from a park. Good luck and have fun wherever you stay.

terri110874
04-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Do they still have the campfire with smores?

Daddy Mouse
04-29-2009, 10:01 AM
A compromise would be a split stay at each resort. You can then compare notes for future trips.

diz_girl
04-29-2009, 10:14 AM
I agree with a split stay. It seems like you won't be happy if you have to stay at POP and she won't be happy if she has to stay at POR. A split stay will both get you what you want some of the time. It seems that most people who split stays choose the lower-priced resort to start and then end their trip at the higher-priced resort. Since you are going in September and would qualify for free dining, just remember to use your credits from the first resort before you switch or else you would lose them.

#1donaldfan
04-29-2009, 12:36 PM
....well, POR just has that relaxed feel...once back from a park your immersed into the calm, relaxing feel of being a million miles away from a park...and believe me, I love the parks, but when I get back to the resort, I want to feel like I'm special, one on one.....
....we've never stayed at a value, but my sister did once, and she say's she'd never go back, it was too busy and felt like she neve left the park......:mickey:

bostomco
04-29-2009, 12:44 PM
I've never stayed at one of the value resorts, but my wife and I have stayed at POR and we're going back there again! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was fairly certain that it's the only moderate with an actual sit-down resturant. The breakfast there was amazing, but I'm hearing a nasty rumor that they aren't doing it any more. Although,disney dining plan has it listed as breakfast and dinner. Also, it was very cool that you could rent a boat right there. Beyond that it seems to me that it's far more central to everything.The value resorts are all on the outskirts of town, so to speak. And, as others have mentioned, the boat to downtown disney is a huge plus!

KayDee
04-29-2009, 10:00 PM
I will also add that the food court food at POR is pretty good compared to what I consider the worst food court food at POP. Also dont forget you get a mini fridge at POR but would have to pay for it at POP. Well I'm on a roll the rooms are bigger,quiter and they have double sinks at POR. Once we did mod we never went to value again.

brownie
04-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Splitting your stay between the two would be an option. My preference would be a value resort since we don't usually spend much time at our resort.