PDA

View Full Version : Hotel off property for the FIRST Night!

DANAM
04-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Can anyone suggest a hotel off property for our first night. We are using a pin code and can not check in on Saturday like we had hoped. We were just going to push back our trip a day but I have been talking to a friend of mine and she said the outlet across the interstate is amazing so I think we may extend our Disney trip a day and still drive up on Saturday. We want to be close to DTD and the outlets.

Thanks

PrettyMinnie
04-28-2009, 05:51 PM
We did this our last trip. We left at 8:00 PM on Thursday got down to Orlando around 10:00 PM, rented a car and stayed at The Marriott Residence Hotel. It was very nice. The pool was great and they had really good service. They made sure to help with bags and luggage ect. when you checked out. There is also a very nice restaurant in the lobby for breakfast and such. It is close to WDW/DTD and some other shops if you want to pick up some last minute things. Good luck!

Oh and we paid with Marriott points and I don't recall how much it was for the one night. Sorry.

Ed
04-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Marriott has a multi-building complex that includes several of its brands in the 8600 block of Vineland Avenue, which is the road that runs right past the outlets and the now-defunct Dixie Stampede, and is situated about halfway between the outlets and WDW.

Best of both worlds!

SBETigg
04-28-2009, 06:29 PM
We stayed at the Downtown Disney Hilton for a night before we checked into the Grand Floridian last week, and it was a nice surprise. We had a view of Downtown Disney and landmarks like Tower of Terror, Spaceship Earth, and the Contemporary. We hadn't officially started our vacation, but we felt like we had after all and it was wonderful. Clean, well-appointed rooms, terrific service. I would go back. I realize it's not quite "off-property" but it was pretty great.

dumbo ears
04-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Id recomend the buena vista pallace. Its a walk from DTD and about a 5 minute ride to the outlets. Its really nice resort and is not that exspensive. If recomend to eat at the Outback restaurant there. its amazing

goofybob
04-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Motel 6 on W Irlo Bronson Hwy. Cant beat checking in at 2300, hitting the bed waking at 0700 for a <5 minute drive to WDW for $39. Why pay up to $100 for a bed and a shower for 1 night? You will be pampered once at your resort and appreciate it that much more.

Gaz10
04-29-2009, 06:16 AM
For one night try the Regal Sun in the Downtown area, you can walk across the road to downtown and its just been refurbished :thumbsup:

Daddy Mouse
04-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Motel 6 on W Irlo Bronson Hwy. Cant beat checking in at 2300, hitting the bed waking at 0700 for a <5 minute drive to WDW for $39. Why pay up to $100 for a bed and a shower for 1 night? You will be pampered once at your resort and appreciate it that much more.

I have to agree! Why pay more to snore, shower, and shave.

DANAM
04-30-2009, 01:14 PM
For one night try the Regal Sun in the Downtown area, you can walk across the road to downtown and its just been refurbished :thumbsup:

Thanks!!!!
That is what we were looking for just some place to stay the night and do a little outlet shopping. So we can get up early check in at POP an start our vacation. I am going to check this one out now.

dancin Disney style
04-30-2009, 01:30 PM
There are a lot of hotels on Palm Pkwy that are inexpensive. The Comfort Inn has a special for around $40 per night. You can find some great deals on travelzoo.com

DANAM
04-30-2009, 01:36 PM
There are a lot of hotels on Palm Pkwy that are inexpensive. The Comfort Inn has a special for around $40 per night. You can find some great deals on travelzoo.com

I am going to have to try that because it looks like Regal Sun is about 6 dollars cheaper than POP. So I might as well just stay at POP. I think I have to do a room only for 1 night which if I can keep the same room might be the best bet. Does anyone know if that's possible? Can you keep your same room if you have to book a room only for your first night at the same hotel?