PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to have request honored at POR?

angyl15
04-28-2009, 10:43 AM
Hello!

For our annual trip my mom, sister and I typically stay at POFQ. But now that my nephews are 5 and 2 and my son will be 1, we need to transfer over to POR. We always have stayed at FQ due to the small size and the fact that my mom had double knee replacements a few years ago and walking all day at the parks takes its toll on her.

What is the best way to go about having a request honored at POR? And which section (sleeping 5) would be closest to the food court? There is a bus stop near the food court right?

In the past we have always faxed a request to the resort a few days before, but even with mentioning my mom's medical history it was rarely honored at POFQ.

Thanks so much! We are looking forward to staying at a new resort.

Seasonscraps
04-28-2009, 11:40 AM
You should have the medical need noted on your reservation through customer service or travel agent. Call back to double check it's on there.

You can try faxing your request also but I hear mixed stories about them being read or just tossed because of the volume the room assigners receive. It can't hurt though.

The Alligator Bayou section accomodates 5 guests - building 14 is the closest to the food court then 15 and 18.

If you are not thrilled with your room location at that time, you can always ask the CM to see if there's something else available.

#1donaldfan
04-28-2009, 12:19 PM
....knock on wood......we've always had our requests honored....with that, we've always checked in about 7:30 am, so my guess is the early bird gets the worm...so to speak

....the best building for you is 14, it's right beside the food and the main bus depot is a very short walk through the parking lot.....you can be at the food in less than one minute, and to the bus depot in just over a minute....

make sure you have the request on the initial ressies......good luck, you'll love the AB section, it's so quiet and relaxing....and it's only a short boat ride to get those benigets from the FQ......:thumbsup:

dancin Disney style
04-28-2009, 02:36 PM
In general, there are two ways to maximize your chances with requests.
1...check in early
2...make the request as general as possible. ex: ground floor, near food court.

With regard to a medical need for a request I would get a Dr's note and foward a copy to the resort.

TammiMcMan
04-28-2009, 04:09 PM
Specific requests for medical needs, should go through special services. They're the only ones who can place a "block" on a room. If you go to the Disney website, scroll to the bottom, under the heading "support & legal notices" and click on the link for "guests with disabilities". You should be able to find the phone number in the resort section of that link. They may require a doctors note, I'm not sure.

TheDuckRocks
04-28-2009, 07:26 PM
To the OP, you will love staying in the Alligator Bayou section but with your mom's bad knees you might want to know there are no elevators. Be sure to ask for a ground floor room.

grumpypima
04-30-2009, 10:57 AM
....knock on wood......we've always had our requests honored....

Same here. I usually make a request on our initial reservations and follow up a fax a few days before we arrive. It's worked very well for us. My requests have been for a ground floor room & close to the main pool. We've been assigned to ground floor rooms in a building very close to a bridge leading to Old Man Island; our room location within the building has varied but I've always been pleased.

Specific requests for medical needs, should go through special services. They're the only ones who can place a "block" on a room. If you go to the Disney website, scroll to the bottom, under the heading "support & legal notices" and click on the link for "guests with disabilities". You should be able to find the phone number in the resort section of that link. They may require a doctors note, I'm not sure.

Wow, thank-you for that piece of excellent information :mickey: That may come in handy if we ever plan another trip with the In-Laws.