PDA

View Full Version : Walking to the Hess Express adjacent to the Boardwalk

animalkingdomguy
04-27-2009, 04:48 PM
My DW has a strong aversion to the tap water at WDW. I'm looking to buy gallons of distilled or spring water on property. I remembered that there is a Hess Express gas station and mini-market at the edge of the Boardwalk parking lot. Has anyone walked over to the Hess? Does Disney kick up a fuss to this foot traffic? On Google Earth it looks like there are sidewalks. Are there sidewalks and if so are they usable to walk out to the Hess Express? Last question does anyone remember if the mini market has gallons of water and if so how much $$$?

Thanks.

Seasonscraps
04-27-2009, 07:35 PM
My DH & I have walked over there a couple of times - no fuss from anyone. I can't recall if they sold gallon bottles of water.

PlutoPlanet
04-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Of course everyone is entitled to their own sense of taste. Having said that, is there a scientific reason why people should not drink the tap water at WDW?

SBETigg
04-30-2009, 12:32 PM
Of course everyone is entitled to their own sense of taste. Having said that, is there a scientific reason why people should not drink the tap water at WDW?

No, I don't think so. I think a lot of people just don't like the taste of tap water at WDW. I've heard complaints but I honestly never noticed it until this past trip, and I realized that it does taste kind of bitter. And my DH decided that it made the fountain soda taste funny, too.

Piglet822
04-30-2009, 02:12 PM
I don't drink Florida tap water, period. And I live here.
There's no problem walking to the Hess station - just be careful crossing the street, it's 4 lanes at that point.

animalkingdomguy
05-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the help. Since we are flying in to MCO and using Magical Express we are land locked to Dinsey Property and transportation, and that is not a problem, we needed a method to get bottled water at less than premium prices. Overall we enjoy the immersive experience of being at WDW.

Marceline
05-01-2009, 10:26 AM
They sell gallon jugs of spring water in the hotels as well. I don't recall it being over-priced particularly. My husband bought one every few days on our last trip since he is particular about having to have spring water.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-01-2009, 10:20 PM
I had water delivered to our resort. It was about $10 for a case of 24. While that's not cheap it beats paying $2+ per bottle in the parks. Plus I hate Dasani water.

TikiGoddess
05-02-2009, 06:21 PM
In the parks you can go to any counter service location and ask for a cup of water. They will give you a large, ice cold cup of water from the soda machines for FREE. We did it last trip and it tasted fine (and I'm pretty picky about taste).

Kathy

dancin Disney style
05-17-2009, 06:09 PM
In the parks you can go to any counter service location and ask for a cup of water. They will give you a large, ice cold cup of water from the soda machines for FREE. We did it last trip and it tasted fine (and I'm pretty picky about taste).

Kathy

I've done this numerous times as well and for some reason it doesn't have the same sulfer taste as the tap water.

Imagineer1981
05-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Florida water always has a sulfur taste, you should see what the sprinklers do to your car paint!!!

vws_and_disney
07-23-2009, 03:28 PM
i do know that the hess station has cases of water for very resonable prices. good luck.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-23-2009, 09:45 PM
If you have a rolling suitcase, you can always bring that to cart your water back to your resort, especially if you go for cases of water. I think it's also the Dasani water at Hess. Yuck!

g8rgirl29
07-24-2009, 10:20 AM
We bring our Brita water pitcher and filter each year to refill our water bottles back at the room. I am very picky abvout the taste of the water and I have never had a problem with it filtered through the Brita there. If you don't have a fridge you can keep it on ice in the sink. I made the mistake of trying a water fountain in MK one year and OMG it tasted like swamp water...YUCK!!