PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite "lost" sounds of WDW

Laughin' place
04-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Inspired by the great "favorite sounds of WDW" thread, I started thinking about sounds I love from WDW that I can't hear anymore (extinct attractions, etc). Here are the sounds I miss:
1)music to Delta Dream Flight
2)Music to Horizons
3) soundtrack to old Rocket to Moon/Mars
4)horns/bells from the old A ticket rides up and down Main St
5)the raclet of a wild ride with Mr Toad
6) the MIckey Mania parade
7) ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.... The Main St Electrical Parade !!!

LauraF
04-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Walter Kronkite on SE (Jeremy Irons was nice too, but Walter was the first . . . )
Narrators on Living with the Land
"Veggie, veggie, fruit, fruit"!

sassafras
04-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Hearing the music from the Millenium March start thundering thru World Showcase at Epcot!

SandmanGStefani24
04-27-2009, 09:40 PM
for me it would be the narration/music to the retired World of Motion ride...was one of my faves! Guess TT is good, but I like dark rides..

Simba's Mom
04-27-2009, 10:22 PM
"Up and at 'em, pal!" I miss hearing Mickey wake me up. Also, "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, tip for the day" on the TV.

Giggy
04-28-2009, 12:17 AM
"Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, tip for the day" on the TV.

It's funny that you mention that, we were only talking about that earlier today. We always had that channel on the tv, not sure if it's because everyone liked it so much or no one knew where the remote was. :mickey:

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
04-28-2009, 09:04 AM
Main Street Electrical Parade, the New Agey music from Wonders of Life

Mousemates
04-28-2009, 09:52 AM
the sound of my then pre-school children (they are now 16 and 14) screaming in delight at the sight of Mickey Mouse during the opening ceremony of the MK.

badkitty
04-28-2009, 10:23 AM
The Dream Finder - "One little spark"

Miss you buddy...

Laughin' place
04-28-2009, 01:16 PM
"Up and at 'em, pal!" I miss hearing Mickey wake me up. Also, "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, tip for the day" on the TV.

Can't BE-lieve I missed the "tip for today" jingle. I have multiple versions on my ipod and it ALWAYS makes me smile. Id like to make it a ringtone on my b'berry, but I dont know how

BluewaterBrad
04-28-2009, 04:12 PM
The soundtrack from Mr Toads!!:mickey:

Imagineer1981
04-28-2009, 05:28 PM
It's funny that you mention that, we were only talking about that earlier today. We always had that channel on the tv, not sure if it's because everyone liked it so much or no one knew where the remote was. :mickey:

ha, i just listened to that on my ipod. But I do like Stacey too.

WDWdriver
04-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Baroque Hoedown, the music from the Main Street Electrical Parade.

pluto 77
04-29-2009, 09:22 AM
1. "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, tip for the day" I really miss this and I always wish they woudl bring it back

2. "Veggie, veggie, fruit, fruit" As a child I loved this show and would make my parents sit through it over and over!

Giggy
04-29-2009, 12:33 PM
FAO: Everyone who mentioned Tip for Today. last night i found the whole WDW Resort Loop, including this. Presumably this version was used at some point between 1999 and 2001 as it mentions test Track but still includes River Country on there.

It's in 3 parts below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFehyjDUEPs Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkWy7fT9KyA&feature=related Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrrHQh7LptY&feature=related Part 3

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah tips for today included. :mickey:

ThunderStorm
04-29-2009, 03:09 PM
I miss all the songs that went along with the pavillions at EPCOT

For instance,

One Little Spark - Journey Into Imagination - different version plays now then the original, the dreamfinder used to have a part of the song.

Livin with the land - Land Song - they don't play the song from the living with the land ride anymore.

World Of Motion - Catchy little theme, gone as is the ride.

Universe Of Energy - Energy song, really 80's but totally awesome.

It was great when all the pavillions had their own 80's campy sounding theme song, it was lame, but hilarious, and great to sing along to, the attractions just dont feel the same anymore without those songs.

Just my .02

Eric

pamickeys
04-29-2009, 03:59 PM
the steel band that used to play by Pirates of the Caribbean

grwoolf
04-29-2009, 04:50 PM
The music in the exit of Space Mtn (before the current version). I don't think this was the original, but I liked it much better than the current.

TheVBs
04-29-2009, 04:55 PM
The Main St. Electrical Parade!

MaxPower
04-29-2009, 06:06 PM
1) The song for "If You Had Wings"
2) Kathleen Turner narrating "The Seas" and saying: "The Deluge" and " " and it rained and rained and rained."

3) and PLEASE bring back the ORIGINAL Illuminations and ALL of the fanntastic songs that played during it-- Well-known classical music -- instead of canned Disney singers and Disney-produced original music