PDA

View Full Version : Best Poly Buildings

Mr_Increddieble
04-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Please help, provide some guidance!
Almost time to make a request for our room at the Polynesian Resort.
We paid for a Garden View and we'd like a balcony. We like the quiet pool and we will walk to the TTC, maybe 3 times during the week.
Which buildings should we request? Top 3!

Thanks

laprana
04-27-2009, 10:07 AM
I'd recommend requesting Rarotonga, 3rd floor (I don't think there are balconies on the 2nd floor of Rarotonga). It is a quick walk to the TTC and the Great Ceremonial House and it's really close to the quiet pool. In fact, many of the garden view rooms look out at the pool and it's a very nice, peaceful view! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
04-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Rarotonga, third floor, I agree, on the side with a view of the quiet pool. It's great because you're in a central location, the quiet pool is right there, and you're only steps from the GCH and monorail/bus access. We loved that location. Samoa wouldn't be a bad second choice.

Suz36
04-27-2009, 11:02 AM
We really liked Tokelau. We had a first floor room looking out at the quiet pool, so I'm not sure about the balconies. It was very central, pretty equal distance to GCH and the TTC. Have a magical trip!

marlaine
04-27-2009, 11:46 AM
We've stayed in the Niue and Rarotonga buildings and really enjoyed them! We had Garden Views at both and really loved the locations. I always request a ground floor because of my son's age, and for us the ground floor is just easier with a tired little one. No stairs or elevators! Both of these longhouses are convenient to the Grand Ceremonial House-which we frequent. The Rarotona longhouse was very near the quiet pool.
One year we stayed in the Rapa Nuie building and did not like the location. It was convenient for the TTC, but quite a long walk to the Great Ceremonial House.
All of the buildings have their own pluses, but if I were to make a recommendation based on location, you really can't go wrong with the Raratonga or Nuie for location to the GCHouse and the pools and the monorail! No mater where you stay, I hope you love it there as much as we do! We never stay anywhere else!:tikki:

cardinalsfan_98
04-27-2009, 01:31 PM
We've stayed at Rapa Nui the past 2 years and like it. The rooms seem to be a little more spacious:confused:, maybe not...any way, it's not as close to GCH but very close to TTC and it's a close walk to the buses. Honestly, there are no bad longhouses at the Poly

Ropachs
04-27-2009, 02:04 PM
We stayed at Tokelau and thought the location was perfect. Pretty short walk to the GCH and the TTC and right next to the quiet pool. I would also note, that compared to others (I guess I'm thinking mainly about the moderates here) the Poly grounds aren't as big, it's not really a terrible walk to or from anywhere there, IMO.

Aggie97
04-27-2009, 04:26 PM
We've always enjoyed our Garden View rooms in Tokelau and Rarotonga. Both buildings are convenient to the GCH and TTC. :mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
04-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Tokelau would be our top recommendation with Roratonga in the mix. Tokelau is centrally located, largest rooms, balconies on all floors, 3 minutes to TTC and 3 min to GHC (yes its that short) and many rooms can see the lagoon to the north with a step out to look at the fireworks.

mouseketeer mom
04-27-2009, 08:06 PM
I like Tokelau for the reasons Polynesian Dweller mentioned. I also prefer Samoa. I like the busy location, I like to be in the heart of things on the beaten path.

diz_girl
04-28-2009, 11:19 AM
Tokelau would be our top recommendation with Roratonga in the mix. Tokelau is centrally located, largest rooms, balconies on all floors, 3 minutes to TTC and 3 min to GHC (yes its that short) and many rooms can see the lagoon to the north with a step out to look at the fireworks.

:ditto:

I loved our room at Tokelau. I had a room like Polynesian Dweller mentioned. I could see the lagoon and we were towards the end of the hall, so it was just a quick step out to see the fireworks. The next time that I stay at the Poly, I'll be requesting the same room.

PixieMagic
04-28-2009, 01:22 PM
We always requested Tokelau when we go to Poly...with FIJI being a second option...or Samoa... Yay Poly!! Have you checked out Tikiman's website? It could be a huge help for you! :lei:

mickeefan
04-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Our preference for a garden room is Samoa.
On one side is the quiet pool and on the other is the volcano pool. The beach is close as is Capt. Cooks.
We have stayed in several and Fiji is the one we enjoyed the least.
But, no matter which you stay in, hey your at the Poly.