PDA

View Full Version : swan or dolphin

jenn03
04-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Do you prefer the swan or dolphin?

big blue and hairy
04-27-2009, 10:05 AM
I don't know your traveling situation, so it may make a difference. DW and I prefer the Dolphin.

1. Just two of us, so a slightly smaller room with a king bed is no big deal.

2. Most of the restaurants and the easiest pool access is at the Dolphin.

3. Rooms at the Dolphin average about $20 cheaper.

4. Makes very little difference in walking to Boardwalk or Epcot & Studios.

:sulley:

pox24
04-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Just spent this past week end at the Dolphin. It was our first time there. Both of us liked the Dolphin better. The lobby is larger. Although most rooms have double and not queen beds, we had a king bed and it was great. We were in Room 1016. First floor facing the boat dock. This corner room had a fixed window and a slider leading out to a patio. Loved coffee there in the morning to start the day and a cigar with cognac to end it.
We ate at Shulas, Blue Zoo and the Garden Grove. The Garden Grove was at the Swan. That was a complete disappointment. Worst buffet we ever had. The other choices were awesome, especially Shula's. The decor of both places were very nice. It didn't seem like Disney though, even tough we were 10 minutes by boat to Epcot and even less to the Studios. We stayed really by accident. However I would recommend it. :thumbsup:

dream6
04-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Out of the two, I've only stayed at the Dolphin - but, honestly, I didn't notice much of a difference between the two hotels. And if there is a restaurant or store you want to visit and you are staying at the other, the two are so close it's easy to walk on over. While they are both nice hotels with a helpful staff, like pox24 said, they didn't have the same Disney atmosphere. But I also realize that not everyone is looking for that in their vacation! :)

Mousemates
04-27-2009, 10:59 PM
We prefer the Swan for:

1) queen beds (its us and our two children)

2) we think the outside of the dolphin is cooler to look at than the outside of the swan. So we like to stay at the swan and look at the big fish on top of the dolphin.

Goes4FastPass
04-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Dolphn is Sheraton
Swan is Westin.

Read line 2 again.

big blue and hairy
04-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Dolphn is Sheraton
Swan is Westin.

Read line 2 again.

True, bit in this case I don't think it makes much of a difference. They have one staff for both hotels.

:sulley: