PDA

View Full Version : three questions

jenn03
04-26-2009, 10:48 PM
How much are stroller rentals? Also, do kids under two get in for free? Do you have to bring birth certificate to prove child is under two?

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-26-2009, 11:01 PM
Yes, kids under 3 are free. If they are 2 on the first day of your trip, and they will get in free for the whole trip.

I've never been asked for proof of age, but if your children look older, it couldn't hurt to have a copy, if you're worried.

Stroller rentals are expensive, $15/day! Many people bring their own, or even buy an umbrella one in Florida, as it is cheaper.

Basket Mommy
04-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Yes, children under 2 get in free and even eat free at buffets. I have taken 3 of my children to WDW when they were under three and never had to show proof.

The prices for strollers recently went up to $15/day for a single and $31 a day for a double. It was $10/day for singles and $15/day for doubles. The double is what we used to rent. I'll be thinking twice about it in the future. That's crazy. I can't take my own, though, because my little kids are too big for a regular double (they're 6 and 4), but they can ride together in a double Disney stroller.

MickeyandTink
04-27-2009, 06:11 PM
We took our DS last year for his third birthday (He turned three during the trip). He is very tall for his age, so we brought a copy of his birth certificate just in case. He got a few looks from some of the CM's at the gate, but noone required us to show a birth certificate.

Unlike last year, we have to pay for him to go this time (on the plus side, he hopefully will be past the "terrible twos/threes" this time) :blush:

As for strollers, the Disney strollers are very sturdy, roomy and convenient, but at over $100 to rent just a single for the week it's way too expensive for my blood. We bought a good, heavy duty jogging stroller on consigment last year for $50 and it more than paid for itself just on that trip, not to mention this year's trip and the times we've used it in-between.

DANAM
04-27-2009, 09:33 PM
I have recently been looking into renting a stroller from a company in Orlando. I am still trying to figure out who's got the cheapest price. Try searching google for stroller rental in Orlando. Every company I have found so far are cheaper than Disney and deliver and pick up from your hotel.