PDA

View Full Version : Walking from Shades OG to the Polynesian

GreenB
04-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Hi everybody!!

Is it possible and safe to walk from the Shades of Green Resort to the Polynesian?
Even though they are very close to each other, I took a look at the streets in Google Maps and I noticed the roads don't have curbs.
We will return a rental car at the Shades of Green after Hertz closes. Around 11 PM.

Thanks.

brianlw71
04-26-2009, 02:56 PM
You can easily make the walk. We bought our military tickets from SOG and then walked down the driveway to the Polinesian Resort with no thoughts of feeling like we were in danger from the vehicles. It only takes about 10 minutes.

GreenB
04-26-2009, 03:10 PM
That's what I thought.
Thanks for your answer. We'll walk back to the Poly.

LudwigVonDrake
04-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Yes indeed. I did it once and it's not a problem.

wdwfansince75
04-26-2009, 03:35 PM
There is a Sidewalk all the way. As you walk from SoG towards Poly, it is on the left side of the road. It does go close to a rather large pond. We have walked the path all hours of the day and night, and even early in the morning coming back from MK EMH's.

pcoleman
04-26-2009, 04:10 PM
we always walk to the poly this way at all times of day and night with children. Very safe and quick. You can request a golf cart to take you across if someone cannot walk it.

Crow
04-27-2009, 03:24 AM
You can easily make the walk. We bought our military tickets from SOG and then walked down the driveway to the Polinesian Resort with no thoughts of feeling like we were in danger from the vehicles. It only takes about 10 minutes.

yep. stayed there twice and did that.

TikiLounger
04-27-2009, 08:59 AM
We stayed at SOG on our first trip to Disney...ever. We walked to the Polynesian several times and it was very pleasant.

mudpuppysmom
04-27-2009, 09:18 AM
We even went so far as to think some of the rooms at the Poly were a further walk than if we started at SOG! Not sure if that's true or not, but we thought it might be so.

Also, you walk along a path, but there is a curb on the SOG property. Once you cross the street the path winds thru the Poly grounds up to the GCH.....what we think is cool is that the path goes right under the monorail line and we often specifically wait on a monorail to come thru so DS#1 can see the underside -- he thinks that "is SO COOL".