PDA

View Full Version : August Dining Strategy???

georger
04-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Okay, we are going for the first week of free dining beginning August 16th....This is a new time of year for us, in the past we've tried late September and mid-September. I'm thinking crowds will be larger in August b/c many kids are not back in school yet and it will be very hot. So, I'm thinking I might schedule most of our sit down meals for a late lunchtime and take a late mid-day break following lunch when it will be so hot. We like to open the parks, anyway. Then our evening would be free for going where ever we choose and doing counter services when it's cooler in the evenings....What do you think...Is this a crazy strategy???? After all food is not the focus...having fun is! :thumbsup:

PixieMagic
04-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Not crazy at all! Sounds perfect although we will be going at the same time and I would mix it up a bit...do a couple sit downs at night - compare the menus....often times the menus are larger and have better selections at TS rest's during the dinner hour than the lunch hour.....also, you can always simply leaving the park and do a CS poolside at your resort! We did this many times throughout the years and it's very relaxing to grab what you want and just bring it over to a poolside chair...ahh!!! Can't wait!! Aug 16th-22nd!!!! :cloud9:

georger
04-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Not crazy at all! Sounds perfect although we will be going at the same time and I would mix it up a bit...do a couple sit downs at night - compare the menus....often times the menus are larger and have better selections at TS rest's during the dinner hour than the lunch hour.....also, you can always simply leaving the park and do a CS poolside at your resort! We did this many times throughout the years and it's very relaxing to grab what you want and just bring it over to a poolside chair...ahh!!! Can't wait!! Aug 16th-22nd!!!! :cloud9:

That's a good idea!!! We'll be at the Pop too- during the exact same week!!!

SBETigg
04-26-2009, 03:24 PM
August isn't really crazy crowded toward the middle-end of the month. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with crowds but the heat/humidity is pretty fierce. Your plan to eat larger meals at midday works great for August. Good idea.

1EeyoreFan
04-26-2009, 04:01 PM
We will be there the same week as well. We are also planning on early dinners or late lunches. I like the idea of eating poolside. We may have to try that as well. Looking forward to making those ADRs once the Aug. park schedule is released.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-26-2009, 05:54 PM
We've been twice in mid/late August and both times have used the same strategy.

We'd get up early and spend times in the parks. Once it got busy and hot, we'd head back to the resort, get a CS lunch, either on the way, or back at the resort and then spend the afternoon swimming and relaxing.

At dinner, we'd head back into the parks, have our TS meal and then enjoy the evening in the park, without the crazy heat!

Either way, enjoy your trip :mickey: