PDA

View Full Version : If you can predict the future, Please help Me!

forever a child
04-26-2009, 01:19 PM
OK, here are my 2 possible options I am trying to decide on :confused:(Option 1 is my preference);

DD is a year around competitive swimmer and she only has a few weeks off a year now without missing practice. She will finish with Long Course and her State meet July 26th of the summer and have the month of Aug off. However, I believe she goes back to school the week of Aug the 17th (she's home schooled and has classes on Tue and Wend the 18th and 19th).

Option 1 Leave Aug 9th and stay at POF for 4 nights and AKL for 2 nights (both places would be in Value Season) AND HOPE FOR a General Public Discount for hotel rates. I would NOT use DD. We would just purchase our food whenever/where ever we like which is in parks or hotel both sit down and fast food. AND DD would be back in time for school. (I REALLY of course would like the General Public hotel Discount!!!):mickey:

Option 2 Wait until Aug 16 and stay 6 nights at Moderate AND take advantage of Disney Dining Free offer. DD would miss 1st week of school and have to catch up! She would love to be at Disney but she would hate missing school, she is an A student and doesnt like to get behind!:D

Obviously, I KNOW I take advantage of DD Free offer if I book by Deadline in June. IF I wait I am banking on saving $ by going to nicer resort (AKL) by getting the GP hotel discount. Does anyone know generally what they have run in fall and how probable it is that they will offer them? Or could the buy 4 nights get 3 return? (Obviously that wouldn't help with a split into 2 hotels but it IS another $ saving option).

ANY suggestions or advice? THANK YOU! I love Intercot!:rocks:

:thanks:

PixieMagic
04-26-2009, 01:49 PM
I would go with option #2.....then have DD ask for her homework ahead of time....first week HW is generally very easy and she could do it on the plane/drive down there and back :o)

MomtoRooandRie
04-26-2009, 02:30 PM
I think option two also... do work that she would miss before you go and then there won't be a need to catch up.:mickey: Have a great vacation!!

forever a child
04-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Thank you for your replies. I was just really hoping to be able to surprise DD with AKL as part of our trip,:( but I also want to keep within a budget for costs. That's why I was hoping someone might be able to give idea of GP resort discounts possibilities and discount amounts. I still have a little while to decide before I have to book. :call: Maybe someone will come along and can post some info to help me consider IF Option 1 is do-able. :help:

Otherwise, DD will have to get homework to do on flight!:down:

PixieMagic
04-26-2009, 03:13 PM
My question is: have you done the cost comparisons? Is DD worth more or the GP resort discount and paying for your own dining? There are cost spreadsheets under info central that could help you with this......

Also - not sure if a GP will be released since it's 4/3 time and that is finished....though it still is Value? I believe and you could do a AAA discount or just call and call and call till you get that one overly accommodating cast member....that's what my mom always did while we were young....just an idea....:mickey:

forever a child
04-26-2009, 03:33 PM
My question is: have you done the cost comparisons? Is DD worth more or the GP resort discount and paying for your own dining? There are cost spreadsheets under info central that could help you with this......

Also - not sure if a GP will be released since it's 4/3 time and that is finished....though it still is Value? I believe and you could do a AAA discount or just call and call and call till you get that one overly accommodating cast member....that's what my mom always did while we were young....just an idea....:mickey:

Well the comparison is a little hard w/o info on possible GP discount possibilities. If I go with rack rate then of course option 1 is more expensive and I dont think I want to go that high.

Option 2 6 nights x moderate RR of $149 plus taxes (i cant remember what they are so I was calculated $0.115 cents) = $996.81 w/Free Dining. Plus 6 day park hopper tickets for 1 Adult and 1, 14 y.o. DD (I estimated at $550 for tickets as close enough I believe) would make our Grand total of $1546.81 before airfare. Sound correct?

Option 1 w/out GP discount would be Moderate RR of $149 x 4 nights (+ $0.115 taxes=$664.54) plus AKL RR of $240 x 2 nights (+ $0.115 taxes = $535.20) totaling $1299.74 for Hotel costs Plus $550 for tickets =$1749.74 NOT counting food/Dining for the week. SO as long as I could get some for of discount for it would place me CLOSE to equal with either option. And of course getting to stay at AKL would be worth a little extra $. I just dont know if I want it to be that much extra w/o any discount when the DD is free if we waited 1 more week.....:confused:

forever a child
04-27-2009, 12:35 PM
I guess DD is happy with Caribbean Beach Resort (we have never stayed there before) for the week of Aug 16th with the free DD plan! So we now can focus on that. BUT I am still gonna keep my eyes open for when/if the GP discounts become available just to compare! I looked at last years discount rates and it still looks like Option 2 will save us more $ :thumbsup:

:mickey:

WishingStar2006
04-28-2009, 10:19 AM
I suggest booking the free dining with Magical Journeys now (you may find that free dining on those dates is already sold out). Then if discounts are advertised they can switch you...at least then you know you have a resrvation!!!

pixiesmimi
04-28-2009, 11:44 AM
That is what I was going to say. I would recommend not waiting any longer to book and book with MJ. Then they can make any changes you want. But with that being value and Free Dining season, rooms will book up and so will dining reservations quickly.