PDA

View Full Version : Ice Station Cool

Captain_Nemo
04-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Anyone miss Ice Station Cool? I know they still have the sodas from around the world (If you never have tried them Beverly is the best I swear :thedolls: ) I miss walking into the ice cave with the -20° AC on and the cave man holding a coke. It had a smell to it aswell, then at the end BAM free soda!!!!! Mezzo Mix YUM.

dmosher
04-25-2009, 06:57 PM
I do miss it too! DOn't get me wrong I like that you can still try the variety of sodas, but it's not nearly as much fun anymore. The great thing about ISC was the themeing of it, not just the blatant COKE advertisement. GOne but not forgotten. RIP ISC!
:pipes:
D

i'm grumpy
04-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Haven't seen it, but from the pics it doesn't look as "cool".

TheRustyScupper
04-26-2009, 09:57 AM
1) Yes, I miss Ice Station.
2) The remodeled "store" looks cheap and cheesy.

IamBelle
04-26-2009, 10:05 AM
I loved the igloo, it was so nice to go into on a hot day!

DizneyRox
04-26-2009, 12:22 PM
It was a blessing during the summer. Not so much in January. I don't know why they changed it, except maybe all the punks throwing ice around at times. I was witness to more than one snowball fight during the pre-show.

Brownie54
04-26-2009, 12:43 PM
:(I'm guessing the Disney lawyers puy an end to it. The sign of the times I'm afraid.

PETE FROM NYC
04-26-2009, 12:58 PM
I missed it my last trip. Where is it?

DisneyPrincess21
04-26-2009, 02:44 PM
I also forgot to stop in on my last trip :(
I love the one from china the watermelon one. I would seriously buy it by the case if the sold it. I love it! Much better than regular coke :sick:

Giggy
04-26-2009, 06:10 PM
I wasn't aware this had gone, a shame as I always liked the Ice Station.

I agree with the original posted though, if you haven't tried it before keep a look out for the drink called Berverly. You must try it! :mickey:

Mickey91
04-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Yep, the snow tunnel was awesome!!:mickey:

Daddy Mouse
04-27-2009, 10:03 AM
DW doesn't miss it. She almost had a panic attack at seeing the igloo in July of 05. It makes her think of a four letter word that she hates. (SNOW).

ChewyStriker
04-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Another here who loved it and misses it!:(

lyle21
04-27-2009, 10:31 AM
i never had the chance to enjoy the original, but i do like what is there now. free freaky sodas from around the world. awesome. the floor is too slippery though! i could have sued TWICE!:D

#1donaldfan
04-27-2009, 12:07 PM
I missed it my last trip. Where is it?

....it's located in EC on the right just after the entrance to the Land area...."the breezeway" before you enter the "breezeway" to the land, go straight and you'll run right into it .....:thumbsup:

mudpuppysmom
04-27-2009, 03:11 PM
DS#1 got my sisters ENTIRE family last trip with the Beverly!!! He kept going around to each of them until they all tried it (pictures are priceless!!).

More on topic......I like Mezzo Mix and DS#1 likes the gingerale....DH SAYS he doesn't really care which one, he just does not like the Beverly (DS got him on that one too -- he thinks it's funny).

ransam
04-27-2009, 04:26 PM
i took my younger brother (he was in 7th grade)in 1999...he had just competed in a baseball tournament sponsored by Pepsi....anyway the day we went to Epcot, he wore his shirt from the tournament. we went through the igloo and came out into the coke store....while we were just browsing, one of the castmembers came up to my brother and asked about his shirt...he kind of laughed it off, we actually prefer coke to pepsi..but this castmemeber made him drink 3 sample cups of beverly as punishment....He was a good sport, and drank it down...but told me that if we went back in he was going in shirtless!

and for all you who don't know...don't let them fool you...that is some bad bad stuff.

dreamfinder55
04-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Where else could you go in July in Central Florida and it be snowing?

i'm grumpy
04-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Some of the flavors were listed in the SIlver Dollar City Worldfest brouchures. Unfortunately it wasn't for sale. :D

RBrooksC
04-29-2009, 09:08 AM
The reason I heard it was changed is because the ice would melt and contribute to slippery conditions in the tunnel. I didn't hear if anybody slipped and hurt themselves but I doubt Disney nor Coca Cola wants a lawsuit on their hands.

MaxPower
04-29-2009, 06:49 PM
That is right, I liked the concept of walking into an Igloo- but it was small, cramped and the floor was always wet--and I mean wet in a gross way- it always seemed as if something was leaking.

TheVBs
04-30-2009, 08:06 AM
This was always a must-do for us. I loved it and I'll miss it!

ryca1dreams
04-30-2009, 08:19 AM
Still there - same place. They just changed the theming as everyone as stated. It's called "Club Cool" now and it's a little boring, not as wet, but they still have Beverly.

It looks like they try to sell more stuff now (Coke keychains, insulated mugs, etc.)

Mousemates
04-30-2009, 08:27 AM
We still stop in most every trip (to watch newbies drink beverly and to sample the watermelon soda), but the place now has a very generic and sanitized feel about it.

jcmgwdw
05-02-2009, 01:31 PM
I always go in there. I'd love if it they offered bigger cups of the soda to buy.. Like if they had a QS counter in there where you could buy the varieties in larger cups.. That would be pretty awesome.

-Ryan

dmosher
05-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Oh well, all things must change. At least Eric Idle isn't on a screen telling us all of the magic and variety of coke products the world over!
:pipes:
D

Captain_Nemo
05-03-2009, 11:22 AM
anyone notice the rotten egg smell right when you walk into club cool now though? :sick: I was there in Jan and just got back 2 hours ago,smell is still there. That smell seems to linger around that whole side of Innoventions.

ipgfb01
05-28-2009, 11:01 AM
I miss the Icehouse, one of the best places to go on a hot day. The 1st few steps into the cold room is / was awesome.

TheRustyScupper
05-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Since remodelling, Ice Station Cool just ain't kewl.

Imagineer1981
05-28-2009, 04:13 PM
It was very cool, but always felt out of place as far as themeing. Here you are in FUTURE world and a random Igloo, made no sense

BluewaterBrad
05-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Yes, I miss it. Club Cool is pretty neat anyway.:mickey:

caryrae
05-28-2009, 07:32 PM
To bad Disney could come with a way to make it look the same as it once did but just without the melting ice all over. I remember a CM shoveling the ice off the floor in the tunnel..

biodtl
05-28-2009, 08:25 PM
The original ran it's course during a long stretch between visits, so we never saw it. And we missed Club Cool in 06, but last year, we were on a mission. And I swear, we had the hardest time fingind it. We kept asking CMs and everyone pointed us in a different direction. It took forever, but DS was determined and we eventually found it (I had told him about Beverly and he was ready to play a prank on his dad).

Gator
05-29-2009, 03:29 PM
:(I'm guessing the Disney lawyers puy an end to it. The sign of the times I'm afraid.

A buddy of mine who was a upper-CM at the time said it was because of pending lawsuits from people slipping from some melting ice. Two people ruined it for millions. I wish I had their address.

AmandaChan
05-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Yeah, first time I took DH I looked for it and was severely disappointed to see that it was gone. Mostly because I wanted him to try all the sodas. That sort of thing was right up his alley. I was upset to see that it wasn't in a cave but relieved to see that they didn't do away with it completely.

brownie
05-29-2009, 06:19 PM
(If you never have tried them Beverly is the best I swear :thedolls: )

:eek:

Captain_Nemo
06-29-2009, 03:44 PM
yea so it seems they traded a wet floor for a severly sticky one lol.

dizneefan67
07-01-2009, 01:44 AM
I am a former Cast Member and I have worked at the old ISC. It was nice to get the guest to try the BEST soda, Beverly! Then I felt guilty and told them of concoctions to make their taste buds feel better. Try mixing the watermelon and the fruity tasting together its awesome! I have not been to the new CLUB COOL but I will make it on my 2010 trip!

Will

Jll3Sonex
07-01-2009, 09:05 AM
I was disappointed to see the Igloo gone - but at least the soda was still there. And I got DS with the Beverly! :thedolls:

The theme change doesn't really work for me, though. Before, it was something special - now it's just another retail outlet. (As if there's a shortage of those inside the parks...)

You keep chipping away at what makes WDW special, pretty soon you're left with a generic amusement park that's on the pricey side. I always believed Disney was more than that... but I realize the bottom line has to come first to keep the lights on...

Babyvett
07-01-2009, 02:30 PM
I knew it had been taken out, but I am still saddened by the news. I'm bringing DH for our honeymoon in a matter of weeks, and I know he would have loved the igloo. Now, it sounds like just another store. BLAH :( Oh well, as long as they have Beverly (can you get an annulment for that- tricking your DH to drink nasty tasting stuff??)