PDA

View Full Version : Driving to Boardwalk - where to park?

DisneyMiMi
04-25-2009, 03:18 PM
:mickey:I'm staying at Shades of Green and I don't think they have a direct bus to Boardwalk. Where do you park if you have to drive yourself? Looking at an overview map, I don't see a "parking lot", so any info you can give me would be appreciated. Do you park at Swan/Dolphin and walk over? We will go there our first night and don't want to use one day off the tickets for that short of time at Epcot.

Seasonscraps
04-25-2009, 03:40 PM
There's a parking lot at the resort - they have both self park & valet. From there you will have access to the Boardwalk area by the lake.

animalkingdomguy
04-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Most resorts will require you to pass a guard station to access the parking lot. Please be prepared to have a reason for your visit like a dinner reservation at flying fish for example. WDW is trying to maintain control of traffic and assure that guests of the Boardwalk have ample parking.

Imagineer1981
04-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Boardwalk is one of the few resorts I've never had a problem parking at. They seem to be pretty easy going since the Boardwalk is an attraction all on its own. Besides, most people wouldn't park there to go to Epcot or DHS only because by the time you'd walk to either, it would have been faster to park at the park, especially returning home

spoiledraf
04-28-2009, 08:05 PM
There is a freelot across the street and doesn't even have a guard. When we drive down, we always stay off site the first night but go straight to the Boardwalk for lunch or early dinner. Plenty of free and easy parking!