PDA

View Full Version : Buying park tickets on ebay

MILWDIANA
04-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Looking at park tickets on Ebay. Good idea??? Bad idea??? Concerned about the finger print scan. If someone has already used the ticket and you try to use the days left on it, will you be rejected because your finger prints don't match???
:confused:

1DisneyNut
04-24-2009, 06:44 PM
We had a couple of tickets get mixed up once when there was a group of us at WDW. They frowned at us but let us go on in but the system turned off the fast pass function on our tickets so therefore we could no longer get fastpasses with those tickets. They were really ours that we had purchased so I went by guest services and they asked for my ID. I assume they looked to see who had bought and payed for the tickets and then they reactivated the fastpass option. So basically what I am getting at is they would most likely let you in the park but you can probably forget getting fastpasses with them.

faline
04-24-2009, 06:45 PM
Very bad idea. Disney tickets are non-transferable which means they should not be resold. Additionally, you have no way of knowing whether you are buying a ticket that is brand new and unused, partially used, or completely used.

If partially used, you will run into the issue of not matching the finger scan for the original user.

And...if competely used, you know where that leaves you.

DANAM
04-24-2009, 07:13 PM
I will admit I have thought about it. But it really scares me not knowing what your getting. And how do you prove you didn't use the tickets to paypal to get your money back if they were used? I know my mother has bought NEW tickets from ebay at a very small discounted rate but they always came from a ticket seller on ebay. Again very small discount price.

BMan62
04-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Looking at park tickets on Ebay. Good idea??? Bad idea??? Concerned about the finger print scan. If someone has already used the ticket and you try to use the days left on it, will you be rejected because your finger prints don't match???
:confused:

3 words ...

DON'T DO IT!!!!!

First off, you don't know if they were used - if they were then they are useless to anyone but the original user, due to the biometrics Disney uses. Second, how do you know they are real?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-24-2009, 11:01 PM
Absolutely don't do it. You could potentially be out all that money. There are ticket agencies that do offer a small discount. Use them instead. Look under "buy theme park/attraction tickets" and click. It should be on the left side of this section under Icot sponsors.

MOJoe
04-25-2009, 09:30 AM
I read in "Trip Reports" a while back, someone overhearing a conversation between a CM and a man with his family. The tickets he had were not valid and did not allow him park entry. When the CM asked him where he purchased the tickets he replied, "EBAY."

If you are still interested in buying from EBAY, i have this bridge i'd like to sell.............;)

dancin Disney style
04-25-2009, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't do it....when I've seen tickets on ebay the price is so close to full pop that it isn't worth the risk.

I've actually seen tickets go for more than gate price. Go figure....

beksy
04-26-2009, 12:26 AM
I like ebay but I buying something like tickets off of it scares me. It is too easy for them to be a rip-off and that is not a good way to start off a vacation.

MickeyandTink
04-26-2009, 02:47 AM
I've bought and sold dozens of things on e-bay the last few years. Absolutely LOVE IT! The only bad experiences I have ever had have involved buying coupons or gift cards. Not every time, but on a couple of occassions.

However, there is a big difference between getting gypped $10 or $20 on something and several hundred. To echo previous posters, it just isn't worth the risk to save a few dollars.

Tigger&Stitch
04-26-2009, 03:39 AM
Ugh..."gypped" is such an offensive term!

Anyway, like everyone else on here has said, it's a bad bad idea. There are discount ticket websites - one of which is tied in with Intercot, and another reputable one that is tied in with other Disney savings websites. They are a much safer option!!

CuteAsMinnie
04-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Absolutely bad idea!!!! Don't think it is wise to shell out cash for something you have no idea is going to work for you!!!!!!!!

:mickey:

Nini5055
04-27-2009, 03:13 PM
NO!!!!

There is absolutely no way to tell what exactally you have (or DON'T have) with previously used tickets.

Not to mention the whole finger scan issue will make any of the more recent tickets invalid for anyone other than the original user.

It is not worth the risk. :twocents: