PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk or Old Key West

Gator
04-24-2009, 02:36 PM
I've purchased very cheap tickets to go to WDW in January. I usually stay at a moderate, and have vowed to never return to an All-Star. But this time, I have a friend who needs to get rid of some DVC points, so for a few hundred more I can stay at a deluxe...for the first time!! Anyway, I've always wanted to stay at the Boardwalk. It's so cool looking and I'd love to be able to just walk to Epcot. However, I've got a few friends that say OKW is fantastic. The pics I've seen look good - kinda like Carribean Beach but more elegant. Any advice or preferences?

Seasonscraps
04-24-2009, 02:40 PM
I would always choose the Boardwalk over OKW - you really can't beat the location. You are walking distance to two parks and dozens of restaurants. And IMO, it feels more luxurious with the grand lobby, interior corridors, etc.

ThanxForNoticin
04-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Boardwalk offers a much better location, including easier access to EPCOT/DHS, and many restaurants. Old Key West offers nicer, larger rooms and a more 'peaceful' feel than Boardwalk. It really depends on what you are looking for. Personally, we love OKW, but given the chance to stay at Boardwalk, most of the time we would. Have a great time - I think you'll enjoy either place.

Septbride2002
04-24-2009, 04:34 PM
I agree it depends on the type of vacation that you are wanting to have. If you plan to spend lots of time relaxing at the resorts and taking in the ammeneties then Old Key west might be up your alley.

But if you are like us and your way of relaxing is taking a nice 10 minute stroll to the backdoor of Epcot and meandering around the World Show case - then Boardwalk is for you. We love the Boardwalk resort - it is our 2nd home and I don't think you can go wrong with it.

~Amanda

DVC Mike
04-24-2009, 06:05 PM
I would always choose the Boardwalk over OKW - you really can't beat the location.

I agree.

MNNHFLTX
04-24-2009, 08:25 PM
Both resorts are nice, but I would choose Boardwalk for its location.

Tinksalot
04-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Boardwalk! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Simba's Mom
04-24-2009, 09:02 PM
I agree it depends on the type of vacation that you are wanting to have. If you plan to spend lots of time relaxing at the resorts and taking in the ammeneties then Old Key west might be up your alley.

But if you are like us and your way of relaxing is taking a nice 10 minute stroll to the backdoor of Epcot and meandering around the World Show case - then Boardwalk is for you. We love the Boardwalk resort - it is our 2nd home and I don't think you can go wrong with it.

~Amanda

ITA! Except that we prefer Old Key West because we like to separate and relax at the end of the day. Also, BWV has valet parking and room service. Old Key West has much bigger villas and the ability to park in front of your villa. It's much better suited for those with a car.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-24-2009, 10:42 PM
Boardwalk! Can't beat the location.

Maleficent_vf
04-24-2009, 11:26 PM
Boardwalk, no contest. :thumbsup:

Checkers
04-25-2009, 08:38 AM
:mickey:Either resort is great and it depends on how many points you are going to have and what type of accommodations you want. OKW uses fewer points and the rooms are much larger. The studios have 2 queen beds as opposed to a queen and pull our sofabed in the other DVC studios. You didn't indicate how many would be traveling with you so that might enter into your decision as well. That being said, if points aren't an issue I would choose BWV because of location. Although we are owners at OKW, our second choice is always BWVs. Have fun!