PDA

View Full Version : Walk from OLD Key West to Downtown

jans2kids
04-24-2009, 01:46 PM
How long does it take to walk from Old Key West to Dwontown Dosney and where abouts in Downtown Disney does the path lead.

sassafras
04-24-2009, 02:01 PM
I've never walked from OKW to Downtown Disney. Not sure they really want you to since if I remember rightly, there are no sidewalks between there. You can take a boat to Downtown Disney from OKW, but not sure how long it takes.

bretski99
04-24-2009, 02:40 PM
I actually researched where you can and can't walk in Disneyworld. There are few sidewalks on most of the main roads, so unfortunately you would have to be walking on the grass along the road in some places. I also think the walk is quite a hike from Key West Resport to DtD anyway. In all the guides and research I've done, I've heard that Disney discourages walking for safety reasons. Think about tourists looking around in awe while driving through the disneyworld complex instead of paying attention to the road.

If you pull up the disney world area on Google earth or some similar engine, you will see that there are very few sidewalks.

ThanxForNoticin
04-24-2009, 02:58 PM
How long does it take to walk from Old Key West to Dwontown Dosney and where abouts in Downtown Disney does the path lead.

I know what the above posters are saying, but from OKW to DTD is an exception. There is a beautiful walking/jogging path the runs from the back of OKW (I want to say building 58/59) and goes approximately 1 mile to DTD. There are signs for joggers and walkers to make sure you are going the right direction. Most of the path goes along the waterway. If you ask at the front desk, they can show you exactly where to pick up the path on the resort map.

It's been awhile since I jogged it, but I'm pretty sure about my 1 mile estimate. When you get to DTD, you'll have the option to stay left toward SS/Marketplace, or stay right and head toward Westside and the Cirque building.

Zone Stop
04-25-2009, 11:19 AM
This is correct. The "Nature Trail" starts at the roundabout adjacent to Building 55 and follows the Trumbo Canal/Sassagoula River to the Downtown Disney West Side. And yes, a mile is a pretty good guess.

Maleficent's Dad
04-25-2009, 12:49 PM
I have done the walk - you actually walk through SSR enroute to DTD. There are signs indicating that the path is only open from dawn to dusk. Methinks it's not lit for the evenings.

disneyfan56
04-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Old Key West has the boat option to DTD also.

When you check in walk back to the water where the boats are docked and there will be a sign up giving the times of departures.