PDA

View Full Version : Special Date Night Help/Recommendations

Backslidingturkey
04-24-2009, 12:04 PM
My girlfriend and I are going in September and I am planning a special evening for us. We are in our early twenties, love Disney World and I am looking for a place to take her on a special/romantic night out. I think I have narrowed it down to either the California Grill or Narcoossee's for a late dinner so we can watch the fireworks, but am not 100% sold on anything. I am looking for opinions about atmosphere, menu, view, ect; anything to try and help me decided. Any help (including other possible dining spots) would be greatly appreciated.

Guinness
04-24-2009, 12:27 PM
I think that both of those places have outstanding food, and great views (though California Grill has better fireworks viewing), but they may not be the most intimate places. CG is pretty loud, and people move around quite a bit at Narcoossee's to see the fireworks. Still, it would be hard to go wrong with either of these as date night choices, the food and atmospheres are just so good. For great intimacy, Victoria and Albert's tops the list, but there is no view and it is quite a bit pricier.

I think I would pick CG because of the food and view.

faline
04-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

Either location would be very nice for a romantic dining experience at Disney World! I'd probably give a slight edge to California Grill as the views from that level are wonderful!

Leighler
04-24-2009, 01:48 PM
I must say I was at Cali Grill for my 25th birthday with a guy I was dating and it was one of the most magical moments....the food was out of this world (we had some sushi apps and I had the pork tenderloin-WOW)!! We weren't lucky enough to get a window seat but it was almost better because we got to go up on the upper observation deck and watch the fireworks from there...you can still hear the music, etc. I think it was us and one other couple up there and it was very special and of course romantic!! You'll be in Disney so I don't think you can go wrong whatever you do for romance!! :thumbsup: